How Would YOU Play It?

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would just roll forward and try to get to the other side rail in front of 11 but not on top of and hit the 7 with an above center hit to roll back to center of the table.

Forcing this and trying to do anything else seems overkill.

-Ben

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rotation...How would you play it?

definitely: 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12 and last 13

seriously, roll forward on the 6, if you make the 7, the rest is not too hard....after making the 10, it may be easier to get on the short side of the 11 and play it in the left upper corner pocket?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Tough Layout

Tough layout.

6 in the side, roll up 7 in the corner touch of Inside, 8 in the side, 10 in the corner double the corner to the 11 in the corner, 12 in the corner and back to the 13. This is no easy out because the 8 is so close to not passing I wouldn't even plan that way. Well I changed my mind but its going to depend on what you get off the 7 that's for sure, no picnic.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
slightly over cut the 6 and hope to hide the cue ball .and wait for something I could do something with

then I would quit playing 9 ball again
dean

MsBushwhacker

Tough First Shot

You need to have a good stroke for this shot. A lot of Follow with inside
English. The key to this shot, besides having a good stroke is make the 6 ball
on the right side of the pocket. Try to get the cue ball below the 13 ball. Not on
the rail. I like shooting the 7 with some outside English, coming below the 13.
If struck correctly the cue ball maintains the correct angle for the 8. So a little
too hard or soft, you're still on the correct angle for the 8. The 8. 10, and 11 ball all in the same pocket. Play the 11, one rail out to a little past center table.
Same with the 12, one rail out. Straight in the 13. First shot is the key too
making everything easy.

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a simple after masse shot to get shape on the 7.

Honestly, i'd probably try to play the 6 with upper left hand english trying to come off of the 11.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
A fun way to play the 6 is one rail in the opposite side pocket with inside spin (and near stun). The slight cut angle and firm speed caroms the CB to the left toward the 7. I'll leave the rest to others.

pj
chgo

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
A fun way to play the 6 is one rail in the opposite side pocket with inside spin (and near stun). The slight cut angle and firm speed caroms the CB to the left toward the 7. I'll leave the rest to others.

pj
chgo

Ding Ding Ding!! We have a winner.. Good call Patrick..:wink:

Slight crossover with some inside will put the 6 cross side and natural shape on the 7..

Had this shot come up last night and got out for the cheese...:grin:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I'd just roll forward and cut the 7, depending on the actual angle would decide which corner I'd play the 8 in. I'm not going to try and get perfect shape on the 7, that tends to be when I make a out much harder than it needed to be.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a simple after masse shot to get shape on the 7.

Honestly, i'd probably try to play the 6 with upper left hand english trying to come off of the 11.

Yeah, spin off the 11 a little.. if you can get whitey past the side pocket you're probably out. The power draw move would be tempting... stick draw it with right, cheat the pocket a little, and reverse it off the rail between the 12 and the side, if you hit it good, you come out to the left of the opposite side.

Efren would just send whitey between the 10 and 11, three rails underneath the 12 for perfect position on the 7.:grin:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Is anybody else inclined to draw off the six and bounce a few inches off the near rail? It might make for a bit further shot on the seven but it puts me on my good side (is this generally true for righties?) and seems like an easier path up to the eight. Is it not worth complicating the shot on the six?

You need to have a good stroke for this shot. A lot of Follow with inside
English. The key to this shot, besides having a good stroke is make the 6 ball
on the right side of the pocket. Try to get the cue ball below the 13 ball. Not on
the rail. I like shooting the 7 with some outside English, coming below the 13.
If struck correctly the cue ball maintains the correct angle for the 8. So a little
too hard or soft, you're still on the correct angle for the 8. The 8. 10, and 11 ball all in the same pocket. Play the 11, one rail out to a little past center table.
Same with the 12, one rail out. Straight in the 13. First shot is the key too
making everything easy.

I like Shakes way on a table I'm familiar with...Draw to the rail and off a bit...then just roll
The 7 in...the rest is a road map.

Speaking of roads, If I'm on a strange table, I'm going Bushwhacker's way, where I can
Stroke it and not have to trust the table.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
If I'm on a strange table, I'm going Bushwhacker's way, where I can Stroke it and not have to trust the table.
I shoot it that way a lot, but you have to be careful - the need to hit it firmly enough to get across table makes it carom too wide if you don't cheat the pocket enough...

pj
chgo

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I shoot it that way a lot, but you have to be careful - the need to hit it firmly enough to get across table makes it carom too wide if you don't cheat the pocket enough...

pj
chgo

Last time I had that shot....I did it in one fell swoop. :cool: