Hustling, Gambling, and Adventures on the Road in Atlanta Georgia

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Yes, here's the match between The Miz and me.... it's actually a hill/hill match, I had him down by about 5 games and he came back and nearly beat me.

That was my 2nd professional tournament, my first was a couple weeks prior in Toronto Canada - I got 4th in Toronto and 3rd there in Reno.

https://youtu.be/ONG2mbZa-rk

That was impressive. :thumbup2:

Not sure whether I need to grow a mullet or ask what tip you were using. Or both. :lol:

Phenomenal cue ball control.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you CJ

Yes, here's the match between The Miz and me.... it's actually a hill/hill match, I had him down by about 5 games and he came back and nearly beat me.
That was my 2nd professional tournament, my first was a couple weeks prior in Toronto Canada - I got 4th in Toronto and 3rd there in Reno.
https://youtu.be/ONG2mbZa-rk
Thank you, sir.
The looks on the face of the audience behind you when you accepted and drilled the long range shot that had Buddy astonished...was priceless.
Also the spectator with the glasses back there when you put the full table killer draw on the cue ball was great also.
Seeing Tony Ellin over there kicking that foot up in the air on the break was a fond memory. I miss him. I made a few bucks betting on the "hurricane".
Stay healthy, stay happy, and keep on punchin'.
Regards,
Lowenstein.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
C.J. I think pool halls and leagues will come back but not so well this year. Everybody is hurting and with some dark numbers coming from employment and manufacturing and retail, who knows what the future brings? I think pool will fare a lot better than close fan contact in a football arena.

nitty bitty

Registered
Interesting post, CJ.
That guy Stafford Dean was a very dangerous man. Also Boyse Byrd and Ronald Watkins. They're probably all dead now.
Attached picture is Big Town Billiards where they all bet high wayyy back there. Right downtown. J. C. Hayes, the owner, ran all the heavy gamblers out and they simply transferred up Ivy Street to York's Pool Room.
Lassiter, Willis, all the road agents came through there.
Enjoy.
View attachment 548713

Tremendous.

Thanks for posting

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I usually used Milk Duds.....even to this very day, made by Mike Johnson

That was impressive. :thumbup2:

Not sure whether I need to grow a mullet or ask what tip you were using. Or both. :lol:

Phenomenal cue ball control.

The mullet was a weapon back then, "party in the back and business in the front". Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have sold it on Ebay.:smile:

I usually used Milk Duds.....even to this very day Mike Johnson from Baton Rouge made the shaft I'm playing with now and put on a MILK DUD.....he used to sell them to Bustemante by the box, so I know the Filipinos use them too. I think Rodney Morris also used to use them if my memory serves me correctly.