I Am sure every room has one of these guys!

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Klopek said:
Well, they're your hang-ups, even if the guy is a toolbox. He certainly punched your ticket, what does that make you?.

ding ding ding

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Sorry

I am sorry if i am hurting any feeling here, i have kept the names out of this to protect the innocent (My God I Sound Like The Intro To Law & Order).

I Only started this because i think it is sooo ridiculous the ways that some people act!

So please post more of your stories, i am loving this.

Feel free to give me some rep if you agree!

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think some people are missing the point of this post, i dont think it was meant to cry about his game but to point out how ridiculous this other person is. As for the people who posted negativity what does that make you if all you do is bash?

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
stevekur1 said:
Has anyone else here ever encountered situations like this?
Relying on a peer group from the poolhall as a measuring stick for success will cause you more harm than good. I've seen way too many poolhall junkies in the same place 10 years down the road. And, if you aspire to beat the poolhall loudmouth, you've fallen into the trap, and pool may well consume you at the expense of your future. If you fall into the trap, it's time to find a new crowd.

For virtually all of us, pool is just a game and not a career. Once you understand that, the poolhall loudmouth is just another distraction from "real" life. Put another way, getting an education, a career, a wife, kids, etc. puts a different perspective on the poolhall loudmouth.

Just forget the guy, get on with your life, and in a few years ask him what he's been up to. You'll feel much better when you can say you accomplished something rather than simply saying "I've been playing pool for the last 5 years and that's about it."

-td

Justlovecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stevekur1 said:
I am sure every room has one of these guys, But how far will they take it!

The type of guy that i am talking about, thinks he is pro speed. but is clearly just your everyday run of the mill "A-B" player.

This player thinks that his game cannot be touched, by the regular players that frequent the local rooms. claims that whenever he looses it is not that he played bad, it is because the other player got all the rolls at clutch times in the match.. also when you watch his matches he gets just as many rolls as anyone else. What i love most is when he gets a lucky safe, and you fail to hit it. he that plays a safe, to try to take advantage of his Busted A$$ luck!

He has taken the B.S. to the level of having his own website, where he can yank his own chain, and tell others of his trials and tribulations of being the pro player that he is ! ! ! !

He has taken it to the level now where it is just down right ridiculous, so much that he is in players heads such as mine. that i cant play him in the tournaments when he has to spot me some stupid weight. when i feel that i should be probably be playing him even.

Has anyone else here ever encountered situations like this?

maybe not to this extreme. but still i would love to hear your tales!

Steve
You think he's bad? I know C class players who have that mentality. I know it sounds crazy but its true. Funny!! Many amateur pool players think that they are 50 percent better than they are. Believe me when I say pool is a humbling game. And many haven't realized that yet.

Shortside K

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ForumGhost516 said:
I think some people are missing the point of this post, i dont think it was meant to cry about his game but to point out how ridiculous this other person is. As for the people who posted negativity what does that make you if all you do is bash?

Realists....

mbippus

Registered
There is a guy on my league team who is a C player at best, but always wants to tell other people what they should have done when they were at the table. I doubt he has ever run a rack on a 9' but talks like the only reason he doesn't get out is becuase of bad rolls.

We played $1 9 ball the other day and I got up 10 games and he started asking for weight. I said "I though you were better than me?" As he tells me regularly. His reply no joke, "I am but i need some weight."

I ended up like up 7 games after giving up the 7.

The next day we play two races to three. To three mind you. I gave him the 8 ball. He won both sets. After i left he called me and said, "See I told you I was better than you."

Everyone hates just being around this guy becuase he is really bad, but talks like hes a superstar.

mb