I beat Earl Strickland Saturday!

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I headed to Gate City Billards Saturday as they are starting up a first come first serve ring game every Saturday.

I walked in not knowing who to expect to see. Guess who's sitting there holding court? Of course, it's Big E. He and Dusty Rhodes (sp?) were fondly discussing their experiences in passing kidney stones. :eek:

There was no action going on, and I, being flush from a nice score the night before, approached Earl.

Me: "Yo, you want somma dis bro?"

Earl: "You kiddin me? I eat Mosconi Cups fo breakfast. Watcha need butter ball?"

Me: "You don't scare me none. Just needin' the 7 and out and I'll send ya on down the road."

Earl: "The 7?"

Me: "What? Ya got that tennis tape stuck in your ears Earl? I don't want lint, I want the 7 AND 8."

So... We're on baby! I got me the biggun just where I want him. $50, race to 9. I get the first break.

After a push and a couple safeties, I get a bank shot. I make it and run it out (thru my seven anyway).

Me: "Self?"

Me: "Yes?"

Me: "You're a bad mother F'er son! You just beat King Earl a rack!"

Me: "Thanks, I know, now will you break the damn balls you overblown gloater?"

Me... breaks dry. Me... Gets maybe 2 more decent looks at a shot the rest of the set... :( Earl's got game. It was GREAT to play him. He was a fine chap. It wasn't a serious match, we chatted back and forth, and I was quite happy to make my donation (this time...).

I asked for revenge on the golf course the next morning. He said he'd like to join me at Meadowlands for my 10:21 am tee time. "That's a real nice Hale Irwin course ya know!" says Earl. I gave him my card and he said he'd call if he'd make it. But alas, he was apparently frightened of my mad golf skills...

I do get another shot at him though. Tomorrow night, I play him, live streamed too. Please read about it on Gate City's thread. Here's the link to the live stream, matches start at 8pm EST tomorrow night. I'm 4th in line.

http://96.10.95.85/main.cgi?next_file=main.htm

This time, I have plans...

Me: "Yo Earl?"

Earl: "What now toolbank?"

Me: "Michaela Tabb says she wants to have a love child with you so she can raise a child prodigy."

Earl: :shocked2:
 
I headed to Gate City Billards Saturday as they are starting up a first come first serve ring game every Saturday.

I walked in not knowing who to expect to see. Guess who's sitting there holding court? Of course, it's Big E. He and Dusty Rhodes (sp?) were fondly discussing their experiences in passing kidney stones. :eek:

There was no action going on, and I, being flush from a nice score the night before, approached Earl.

Me: "Yo, you want somma dis bro?"

Earl: "You kiddin me? I eat Mosconi Cups fo breakfast. Watcha need butter ball?"

Me: "You don't scare me none. Just needin' the 7 and out and I'll send ya on down the road."

Earl: "The 7?"

Me: "What? Ya got that tennis tape stuck in your ears Earl? I don't want lint, I want the 7 AND 8."

So... We're on baby! I got me the biggun just where I want him. $50, race to 9. I get the first break.

After a push and a couple safeties, I get a bank shot. I make it and run it out (thru my seven anyway).

Me: "Self?"

Me: "Yes?"

Me: "You're a bad mother F'er son! You just beat King Earl a rack!"

Me: "Thanks, I know, now will you break the damn balls you overblown gloater?"

Me... breaks dry. Me... Gets maybe 2 more decent looks at a shot the rest of the set... :( Earl's got game. It was GREAT to play him. He was a fine chap. It wasn't a serious match, we chatted back and forth, and I was quite happy to make my donation (this time...).

I asked for revenge on the golf course the next morning. He said he'd like to join me at Meadowlands for my 10:21 am tee time. "That's a real nice Hale Irwin course ya know!" says Earl. I gave him my card and he said he'd call if he'd make it. But alas, he was apparently frightened of my mad golf skills...

I do get another shot at him though. Tomorrow night, I play him, live streamed too. Please read about it on Gate City's thread. Here's the link to the live stream, matches start at 8pm EST tomorrow night. I'm 4th in line.

http://96.10.95.85/main.cgi?next_file=main.htm

This time, I have plans...

Me: "Yo Earl?"

Earl: "What now toolbank?"

Me: "Michaela Tabb says she wants to have a love child with you so she can raise a child prodigy."

Earl: :shocked2:
Great story man!!!
I will try and catch the live feed tomorrow night.

BVal
 
If you can figure out how to watch anything at that link please post it up.



Steve
I don't know about that link but somewhere else on the forum they were talking about this stream. I will try and find it.

BVal
 
I don't know about that link but somewhere else on the forum they were talking about this stream. I will try and find it.

BVal

It is in the Live Stream section and Bigtruck commented that only 4 can view.

Steve

Hope they get it fixed in time!
 
I headed to Gate City Billards Saturday as they are starting up a first come first serve ring game every Saturday.

I walked in not knowing who to expect to see. Guess who's sitting there holding court? Of course, it's Big E. He and Dusty Rhodes (sp?) were fondly discussing their experiences in passing kidney stones. :eek:

There was no action going on, and I, being flush from a nice score the night before, approached Earl.

Me: "Yo, you want somma dis bro?"

Earl: "You kiddin me? I eat Mosconi Cups fo breakfast. Watcha need butter ball?"

Me: "You don't scare me none. Just needin' the 7 and out and I'll send ya on down the road."

Earl: "The 7?"

Me: "What? Ya got that tennis tape stuck in your ears Earl? I don't want lint, I want the 7 AND 8."

So... We're on baby! I got me the biggun just where I want him. $50, race to 9. I get the first break.

After a push and a couple safeties, I get a bank shot. I make it and run it out (thru my seven anyway).

Me: "Self?"

Me: "Yes?"

Me: "You're a bad mother F'er son! You just beat King Earl a rack!"

Me: "Thanks, I know, now will you break the damn balls you overblown gloater?"

Me... breaks dry. Me... Gets maybe 2 more decent looks at a shot the rest of the set... :( Earl's got game. It was GREAT to play him. He was a fine chap. It wasn't a serious match, we chatted back and forth, and I was quite happy to make my donation (this time...).

I asked for revenge on the golf course the next morning. He said he'd like to join me at Meadowlands for my 10:21 am tee time. "That's a real nice Hale Irwin course ya know!" says Earl. I gave him my card and he said he'd call if he'd make it. But alas, he was apparently frightened of my mad golf skills...

I do get another shot at him though. Tomorrow night, I play him, live streamed too. Please read about it on Gate City's thread. Here's the link to the live stream, matches start at 8pm EST tomorrow night. I'm 4th in line.

http://96.10.95.85/main.cgi?next_file=main.htm

This time, I have plans...

Me: "Yo Earl?"

Earl: "What now toolbank?"

Me: "Michaela Tabb says she wants to have a love child with you so she can raise a child prodigy."

Earl: :shocked2:

good story. its nice to see other people have an inner dialogue when playing :thumbup:
 
We don't know if we reolved it yet, but we did expand our bandwidth by more than 5X. Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing hom many are watching at any given time. Some have said it's a little choppy, but I have not yet heard anyone say they could not get on at all.

You do have to use Internet Explorer as your browser, beacause Firefox will not work with this.

On another note, the store Matt posted is generally true....some of the dialog may have been altered for "dramatic effect".
 
So you lost to him? Is that how I'm reading the end of your post?

Comeone Thomas, stay with me here... I beat Earl! The first rack anyway! ;) ;) I gave up the last 9 racks, I was tired. :wink:

This thread was all in good fun.

BTW, thanks for posting Gate City (Don) and vouching for me, lol. I suspect we'll find out tomorrow if your video feed can support more than 4viewers.

And I'm sure Don would like to know, so any feedback anyone could post up or pm'd to him would be well received.
 
Was it crowded? Did Earl get a big draw?

Thomas, from what I understand, Earl is now practicing at this relatively new pool hall on a pretty regular basis. He told me he loves the equipment (it is the triple nuggets on these GC IV's).

To answer your question. It was mid-afternoon Saturday. As the afternoon wore on, it got more attendance. Crowded? Nah. Moderate, yes.

Shortly after the master candlemaker dipped me (think waxed), the ring game started with 3 players. Derek "Chewy" Leonard popped in and played. Also Jeff Pruitt and Burlington Arnold. Earl did not play in the ring game and left shortly after it started.
 
Shortly after the master candlemaker dipped me (think waxed), the ring game started with 3 players. Derek "Chewy" Leonard popped in and played. Also Jeff Pruitt and Burlington Arnold. Earl did not play in the ring game and left shortly after it started.

You mean Arnold Hamlett??
 
You mean Arnold Hamlett??

Does Hamlett look like Mr. Clean? If so, then that's the man. He started off a little shakey, but soon settled in good. Chewy left, so Arnold and Jeff played 2 races to 5, for $20 per. They split, and then I split...

Arnold's got some game and is a gentleman too. He knocked me out of a tourney one time. Classy fella.
 
Bad to the Bone.

That's the song I think of when I see your name. :D

Great story. Keep em coming.

JoeyA
 
Does Hamlett look like Mr. Clean? If so, then that's the man. He started off a little shakey, but soon settled in good. Chewy left, so Arnold and Jeff played 2 races to 5, for $20 per. They split, and then I split...

Arnold's got some game and is a gentleman too. He knocked me out of a tourney one time. Classy fella.

Thats him...He is from Hillsborough....He is one tough individual to beat....
 
Back
Top