I.D. needed on another stick

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This stick is old . It has been refinished. 4 rosewood points with 4 very sharp veneers. From the outside:green, orange,rosewood, maple. Joint has brass rings. Ring work above wrap with 4 dots . Same below wrap Rosewood butt sleeve. Ring work with 4 dots below sleeve. Black butt cap. No ivory.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• national2.jpg
    national2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 274
  • national3.jpg
    national3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 264
  • national4.jpg
    national4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 258
  • national6.jpg
    national6.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 255
  • national7.jpg
    national7.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 260

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
From the looks of it, it appears to be an import cue from the late 60's or early 70's. What I see of the shaft wood makes me think the shaft is Ramin wood. Ramin wood shafts are the first key sign to identifying a low grade import cue. The butt appears to have moved by the fact the the plastic rings appear to be out of line with the rest of the butt wood.

In my mind it looks like the kind of cheap cue that would have been found in an Imperial International catalog with other cheap cues to wholesaled out to dealers. Fancy looking cues made with the lowest cost materials to be sold to a buying public who have no clue what constitutes a quality cue.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
China/Taiwan import cue. Along the lines of Imperial, etc. Older one apparently.

On Ebay right now.

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
From the looks of it, it appears to be an import cue from the late 60's or early 70's. What I see of the shaft wood makes me think the shaft is Ramin wood. Ramin wood shafts are the first key sign to identifying a low grade import cue. The butt appears to have moved by the fact the the plastic rings appear to be out of line with the rest of the butt wood.

In my mind it looks like the kind of cheap cue that would have been found in an Imperial International catalog with other cheap cues to wholesaled out to dealers. Fancy looking cues made with the lowest cost materials to be sold to a buying public who have no clue what constitutes a quality cue.

Ditto, what he said! The cue, without all that cheap plastic, would make good kindling though!