I got $1,500 so tell me........

JayRack

What cue I should buy? I'm not going for aesthetics I'm going for the hit. I need a real player to gamble with every day.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
What cue I should buy? I'm not going for aesthetics I'm going for the hit. I need a real player to gamble with every day.

Predator Throne or Blak cue. They play good and are quite fancy. I added a 30 inch Pechauer Rogue carbon fiber shaft to mine as well. Although, the hit and design of a cue is personal preference.

_______

JayRack

You'll get a hundred different answers. Some say custom some will say mass produced. Do you like solid maple or a more low deflection shaft?
Not really worried about custom or production. Maybe the cuemaker. I've heard Scruggs makes real good playing cues. Not sure who else????

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really worried about custom or production. Maybe the cuemaker. I've heard Scruggs makes real good playing cues. Not sure who else????
Scruggs makes a great cue, Bob Frey's also play similar I've heard, he worked with Tim Scruggs. I personally like Schon for mass produced, I use a carbon shaft on mine. At $1500 there is a lot of good cuemakers who will build something for that amount.

JayRack

Scruggs makes a great cue, Bob Frey's also play similar I've heard, he worked with Tim Scruggs. I personally like Schon for mass produced, I use a carbon shaft on mine. At $1500 there is a lot of good cuemakers who will build something for that amount.
I would not know where to begin designing a cue I wanted built. Really just want to buy a used mint one off the market. Maybe somebody that is an everyday gambler like myself who swears by the cue they are willing to come off of. I played with a schon and it was nice but I'm looking for that one of a kind hit.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your going to get a ton of different answers, so here`s mine, for $1500, I would be looking for a Joeyincali, Scruggs or even a Merry Widow Tascarella cue. Just my thoughts
PS; Put up a post in the ''wanted cue section'' looking for a $1500 used cue, then get ready for your PM box to load up with cue forsale.
Hope this helps

JayRack

Your going to get a ton of different answers, so here`s mine, for $1500, I would be looking for a Joeyincali, Scruggs or even a Merry Widow Tascarella cue. Just my thoughts
PS; Put up a post in the ''wanted cue section'' looking for a $1500 used cue, then get ready for your PM box to load up with cue forsale.
Hope this helps
It does help. Would you be astute enough to know a ball park evaluation of the cues people offered me cause I wouldn't have a clue what is worth what or if I were getting a great deal or a bad deal.

thebaby

Jack of all trades
Silver Member
Predator Throne or Blak cue. They play good and are quite fancy. I added a 30 inch Pechauer Rogue carbon fiber shaft to mine as well. Although, the hit and design of a cue is personal preference.

_______
I have a Predator Blak3 with a 12.4 Revo shaft , about a month old in perfect condition . You can check it out on the predator website under Blak cues . Message me if your interested. Plays awfully good.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never heard of Cognoscenti. Is plain Jane like a sneaky Pete?
Plain Jane is the same as a merry widow. Solid wood with either a wrap or no wrap. No points or inlays, most of the fanciness is from ringwork if it's fancy at all.

Sneaky Pete is a cue that looks like a house cue, but has a joint on it.

Also I've heard Cogs are nice cues, but I've never hit with one.

JayRack

Plain Jane is the same as a merry widow. Solid wood with either a wrap or no wrap. No points or inlays, most of the fanciness is from ringwork if it's fancy at all.

Sneaky Pete is a cue that looks like a house cue, but has a joint on it.

Also I've heard Cogs are nice cues, but I've never hit with one.
Maybe I will put a thread up in the wanted section and have y'all help me decide since I don't really know what's going on.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
If you think spending that kind of money on a cue will pay a dividend gambling daily. You obviously should not be gambling. Seriously! Uh Dave Peona was a serious gambler that showed up with a Budweiser cue in a flimsy Naugahyde envelope case. Pretty sure it was less than a $50 investment.

JayRack

If you think spending that kind of money on a cue will pay a dividend gambling daily. You obviously should not be gambling. Seriously! Uh Dave Peona was a serious gambler that showed up with a Budweiser cue in a flimsy Naugahyde envelope case. Pretty sure it was less than a $50 investment.
Nah man. I do well gambling daily. I used a house stick from 1992-2002 but I know a great hitting cue makes a difference.