I hate pool! (long)

pool whiz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
take a respite....remember, pool is purely mental...come back if your focus is complete...its not the stroke that counts...its your ability to be 'in the game'!

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I like how the youtube poster of that chicken dance thing called it 'unsettling', that's the perfect word for it. lol@the dungeon-like set. "Shake those tailfeathers!"

obligatory on-topic bit:
I used to feel that all the stuff about having a good mindset and mental attitude and positive thinking was a bunch of donkeycock. But the more I play, the more I realize it's dead true. It's pretty much a scientific fact as far as I'm concerned. If I'm in a great mood and feel good about the game, I kick ass, and if my mood is tanked I can't make a ball.

The tricky part is, how do you get that cheerful attitude without forcing it? Well, AA has the phrase 'fake it until you make it' and I think it's one of the most useful little dumb rhymes ever. Pretend like you're having a good time, feeling relaxed, not worried about the cash, and shooting well... and maybe it'll somehow happen.

You may be ready for gambling but that doesn't mean you enjoy it. Ask yourself if amount of happiness you get from his ten dollars in your pocket... equals the amount of anger and frustration you get when you lose ten to him. I can already tell it doesn't. You're not walking away with enough money to mean anything, but it's enough that when you lose it you're pissed. To me that's sorta like giving the guy a big spot for no reason.