I just keep thinkin.....

Rampage8408

Registered
Ive said it before and looked around before when I did have the extra money for a lathe......and I cant get it outta my head lately. Theres really nobody in my area tht does ne type of repair let alone a tip change.....but I would really like to eventually make cues after alot of reading and learning of course.......Really thinkin bout takin out a loan for a lathe and some startin equipment lol. Sorry just me thinking

TC Mabe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My advice would be to get the starter lathe package from Midamericapool ... There is a smaller one for around 465.00 ... That lathe plus a drilling tailstock for another 70.00 or so will do tips, tenons, ferrules, rewraps, cleanings and most smaller turning operations. If you decide your needs have grown ... Then you can purchase individual accessories to upgrade along the way. For example purchase a larger bore headstock later if you need to do joint pin repair ... Buy the bigger motor later if you decide to start doing heavy cutting operations etc .... The advantage of the Midamericapool equipment in my opinion is that you can dip a toe in the water and then decide to take a swim later ....

Good luck !

Any questions feel free to ask !

Cheers !

T.C. Mabe

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Get as big a lathe package as you can afford........ it costs more to up grade than the original outlay.................

Make sure you get a 1/2 hp DC motor........... nothing smaller.

Kim