I just left Mike Johnson's shop(Jensen cues)

Had him replace my tip.He told me that this Bartable Extravagnza was his brainchild.Originally, the idea was to make it a $5,000 entry;but it was decided that at $3,000 more players would sign up(obviously)and that's what stuck.I can recall about a month or so ago,James Walden and I were talking about it and he was excited about the opportunity to cash in Big-Time$$$$..Btw,James is my pick to snap it off!! He is playing super strong right now and he's double tough on the barboxes.

Mike showed me a few cues that he will have on display ..And they are absolutely gorgeous!!! I saw one of his Szamboti replicas a customer requested he build for them; and man!..it was sweeeeet! I have always loved Mike's cues and it's not because I'm a homer.He makes a damn good cue.

Mike also told me, that this is only the beginning of these type of tournaments.Depending on the success of this one,another will soon to follow
 
Walt Frazier said:
Had him replace my tip.He told me that this Bartable Extravagnza was his brainchild.Originally, the idea was to make it a $5,000 entry;but it was decided that at $3,000 more players would sign up(obviously)and that's what stuck.I can recall about a month or so ago,James Walden and I were talking about it and he was excited about the opportunity to cash in Big-Time$$$$..Btw,James is my pick to snap it off!! He is playing super strong right now and he's double tough on the barboxes.

Mike showed me a few cues that he will have on display ..And they are absolutely gorgeous!!! I saw one of his Szamboti replicas a customer requested he build for them; and man!..it was sweeeeet! I have always loved Mike's cues and it's not because I'm a homer.He makes a damn good cue.

Mike also told me, that this is only the beginning of these type of tournaments.Depending on the success of this one,another will soon to follow
I'll repeat this, but he is my pick as well. How often do you guys talk? Is he already in Kansas right now? I used to play with him in OKC.
 
Every so often I hear from James

belmicah said:
I'll repeat this, but he is my pick as well. How often do you guys talk? Is he already in Kansas right now? I used to play with him in OKC.

To my knowledge he is down there as we speak.He wishes someone gets hold of corey so he could take that eight ball and ..well..you know the rest!:D :D :D
 
Last edited:
Walt Frazier said:
To my knowledge he is down there as we speak.He wishes someone gets hold of corey so he could take that eight ball and shove it up corey's a$$!:D :D :D

I have know James for over 20 years and I cannot imagine him ever saying he is going to shove any ball up someone's A$$, however I am sure he said something like "we can play some with the eight":D :D
 
Lucky man! Haven't had a chance yet to see his shop! Montreal to Louisiana is a lonnnnnnnnnnnng drive. :)
 
Well I paraphrased what he said to inject a bit of humor

Thecoats said:
I have know James for over 20 years and I cannot imagine him ever saying he is going to shove any ball up someone's A$$, however I am sure he said something like "we can play some with the eight":D :D

and if you noticed I edited my post
 
Olathe KS / SW Kansas City

Walt Frazier said:
and who's your pick...:) :)


I plan on driving down Saturday afternoon. Sounds like a great group of players and lots of action. Would love to see Shooters put these "extravaganza's" on a steady basis.

I'll pick Dave Matlock as the winner. Local guy who's notorious on the bar box. Hope to meet any AZB'ers there Saturday.
 
Where is this Extraveganza taking place at?


Im only a bout a hour or so from Mike's if he is still in Baton Rouge!
 
Back
Top