I live In London England and looking for a job to do in the game!

Andy Lishak

About 1 half years ago I decided as there were very few Snooker and Pool pubs and Clubs as they were closing down to go around giving leaflets out and going around to try and get people to join our league. But slowly I have found because pool halls and snooker halls have closed down people have lost interest. This is all very near to where The York Hall, Bethnal Green, and think it is awful that it was on sky and is very popular but within the area not liked!. I decided putting a facebook group together and in the meantime got made redundant after 17 years in the same job. I am looking for four things a future job within the pool snooker or billiard world, and The Hackney Pool League www.hackneypoolleague.net getting more teams and sponsors, and for some one with money to come along and improve pool snooker and billiards by coming in with money to open more places. I think if opened in the right places there is a killing to made, I have played on the IPA tour with people like Darren Appleton and would like a role within the game as I think I have a lot to give!. Please read this with interest as totally serious!!!:thumbup:

Please read this with interest as totally serious!!!:thumbup:

'Course you are, Treacle, innit?

This board is predominantly for American pool, with most not understanding marbles or snooker, let alone having played them. There are sub forums for English pool and snooker further down.

If there was money to be made in pool, people would be making money in it, and they ain't. Not in the UK or anywhere.

Give it up and go back to work, me old china.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Best of luck. In pool, even high level professionals are only making like 30,000 GBP a year.
They're supposed to be the ones earning the big bucks. Some peripheral job related to pool
will probably not be enough to live on. The snooker world sounds like a safer bet financially,
either as a player or in some other capacity.

Good luck also finding someone with a lot of money to come along and open pool & snooker rooms.
We ALL want that :)