I miscue on this shot a LOT, for years.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Ah, that's cool. So my precision is good, but my accuracy is off.
And you're aiming slightly lower than you really want to hit. The good news is both parts are pretty consistent, so it's working - I'd want them to be the same, but I don't know if that's essential.

I'm curious now to try with my camera in slow motion mode. Its a real pain to use it, and I could probably only get a few shots in. Would any paper with markings or anything like that in the background help?
Maybe. The rail in the background is a good reference too.

pj
chgo

Triggerhippy

Registered
Maybe. But do you think its a strong coincidence that I:

1) miscued 3 times in a row. I looked at my tip after, and saw the chalk was bare on some of it (I did not mention that before).
-then-
2) chalked my stick well and immediately after made the same shot 7 time in a row
-then-
3) The next day did the 30 something shots in a row, with zero miscues, and chalking maybe 6 times the whole 30 some shots?

Wait, you miscued three times in a row and only then looked at your tip?
Seriously?

JimmyGillette

Registered
not sure if u figured out your miscue reason...

im dont know all the factors here tip hardness chalk shaft deflection yeah or neigh..? but yes you have a side to side even if slight, and you are left of center, you bridge way far out so already as a suggestion tighten up your open bridge..for closed bridge and shorten it up about half your distance of how you have it in this video (roughly5-6 inches) stop the side to side just work with a three finger grip firm and just use center of ball English see if any of this works....but before you do all or any of this...since I cant see your hand holding your cue … is your thumb on or off your pool cue or do you have it wrapped around my old boss at the pool hall where I bartended would start getting drunk and the only way we/I would notice was he went from thumbtip to fingertip style grip to a cradle grip with his thumb resting on the top of the cue he did this to steady his stick sumwhat but still had slight wobble if this isn't the deal here .. its possible you might try the cradle grip with thumb on top try it and let me know sincerely JimmyGillette jimdwatkins@gmail.com