I need a cue to travel with... which should I get?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wimpy
  • Start date Start date
W

Wimpy

Guest
I am leaving town next week, and am traveling by plane. I wanted to take my Espiritu cue with me, but don't want to run the risk of having it stolen by airport employees. I don't want to take my Predator or Viking with me either. What kind of cue should I buy to take with me? I was looking at a Lucasi, Joss, Viking, Mezz, Pechauer and maybe an Adams. What can I buy that has a bang for the buck? Any friendly suggestions? Thanks.
 
Well you already know something about a Viking so maybe that would be a good first choice. I myself have a Lucasi i use, one of the things i like about my Lucasi it has the un-loc and it can interchange with my Predator 314 shaft. To me all the ones that you named are all great hitting cues just up to you how much you want to spend. The S/P model of Viking and Lucasi hit pretty darn good for the money. I was given a Fury S/P by John Barton and it hits pretty darn good also. Good luck in your decision so many good cues out there at a reasonable price makes it hard to pick. I'd also check the Want Ads here as i see alot of great buys both production and custom cues.
 
Last edited:
Go with the mezz. I have several model and they all play alike. It is one solid hitting cue.
 
I have a Players cue (model G21T1) that I have installed a Sniper tip onto that I use when I am going somewhere to shoot and I know I may be drinking heavier than usual. It hits pretty good. $71.99 at Ozone Billiards. www.OzoneBilliards.com.

Maniac
 
I am still not sure on what to get, yet. I was looking around, and people say that Dominiak cues are a big bang for the buck. However, I don't know how long it'll take for me to receive it. I'll have to order something by Monday, so it can be here by Thursday. That'll give me some time to change the tip, get use to the cue, etc.
 
Mail it :~)

I know, it sound odd? But mail it to the Hotel 4 days before you leave. It will be insured so you don't need to worry about it. :eek:
I have a friend that travels a lot and he also mails his cloths UPS to the hotel. No waiting in lines, no bags to check and he doesn't have to wait in lines. ;)

Bugs. :D
 
toomanybugs said:
I know, it sound odd? But mail it to the Hotel 4 days before you leave. It will be insured so you don't need to worry about it. :eek:
I have a friend that travels a lot and he also mails his cloths UPS to the hotel. No waiting in lines, no bags to check and he doesn't have to wait in lines. ;)

Bugs. :D

Yup, a lot of people do this, most FedEx or UPS, though.
 
Back
Top