I need to recarpet my pool room, help!

I miss alot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Gandy big G 9 foot pool table and it weighs a ton. I want to recarpet the room but don't want to hire someone to disassemble the table. I don't believe five guys should just pick it up seeing as how it is three piece slate that has been carefully shimmed. Ive heard of sliders but not sure if that will really work for something that heavy. Just looking for ideas.
 
use a 2x6 under each piece of slate so 3 pcs and depends on how strong the people you have helping 6 makes it pretty easy, should be no problem:)
 
I have a nine foot gold crown 3 and recently re carpeted by jacking each end and putting a 4 wheeled roller under each leg. It was a bit of a challenge for the carpet layer because we had to stretch the carpet in the direction as we replaced the table. The room is big enough to move the entire table onto one piece of carpet and seam the second section and roll the table back. We used the mass of the table to work with the stretch of the carpet and it worked out good. Luckily the carpet guy was a friend and another pool player. Re leveling wasn't a big deal later. It can be done but will add some time to the carpet installation. I could see if the carpet was plush it would have added to the time it took. I had very low pile commercial carpet and thin pad. Hope this helps.
 
I would find a pool table mechanic that is also a carpet installer, and let him figure it out.
 
Back
Top