I need your prayers!

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Matt_24 said:
Hi AZ family,

Well - I went to the ER today and a mass was found on my right testicle. The doctor performed a sonogram and it does appear to be a tumor. They are removing the testicle tomorrow and sending it off to pathology for testing. They'll know in 4-5 days whether or not it is cancerous, and of course they did some blood work and will know tomorrow how that looks for cancer.

I'm not looking foward to having my testicle removed, but if it gets cancer out of me --- do what you gotta do. Needless to say though, I'm scared sh*tless (or in this case n*tless - have to keep my sense of humor, if I don't laugh I'll cry). Please say a prayer for me if you find an extra second, because I believe with all my heart that they will help.

Thanks,
Matt

You got it Matt.

But aren't they going to do a biopsy first, you know, take a little "SAMPLE" and send it off to the lab, then if it is cancerous, remove the testicle. I'm no doctor and maybe I missed the biopsy part but logic would indicate that they should do a biopsy first before removing the complete testicle.

Anyway Matt, for what it's worth, we are pulling for you to come out of this with only a slight higher pitched voice. (Trying to stay with the humor line).

Warm regards,
JoeyA

buzzsaw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt, keep the faith and my prayers are with you and your family.

I had a five way bypass back in 2001 and other than the fact that I am a fat, bald, ugly, old man I am the picture of health. You will be too, hang in there. (sorry trying to be light hearted here)

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wanted to tell you that I had the same thing happen - 26 years ago and cancer free to date. It was the scariest time of my life to be faced with my mortality at 21 and everyday that's gone by since I think about it to some extent. In some ways, it sounds strange, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. It made me a stronger and better person that takes better care of himself emotionally and physically, and just more aware of life and things that are important I guess. Maybe its already been said here but testicular cancer is one the most curable kinds of cancer there is with surgery and treatment having come a long way. And trust me you can get by just fine with one;) Best of luck to you and if you want to correspond for support I'd be glad to.

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nads

My prayers are with you. My buddy had one removed and everything is fine. Just make sure they take the correct one. I just read a story where the doctors removed the good one...not cool.