I played on Predator cloth. I liked it.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was visiting a new to me room for a tournament yesterday. I played about an hour before I even saw the Predator logo on the cloth. I thought it was Simonis the whole time. It felt the same in my hand and played the same. The cloth was worn, probably 6 months to a year old.

IMO.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was visiting a new to me room for a tournament yesterday. I played about an hour before I even saw the Predator logo on the cloth. I thought it was Simonis the whole time. It felt the same in my hand and played the same. The cloth was worn, probably 6 months to a year old.

IMO.
Yep, it plays very similar to Simonis. Nothing at all wrong with it!

Livingston's?

How did you do?

TrxR

I've wondered if it was actually made by Simonis as predator doesn't really make much of their own products.

JABSolstice

I didn't even notice! That table that you and I played on was terrible, though. I'm glad they left it out of the tourney rotation. It was old and worn and the rails were pretty dead. When I went to lag on my first table in the tournament, I blasted it because I was used to the speed of the first one.

The other tables I played on, the cloth was great.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've wondered if it was actually made by Simonis as predator doesn't really make much of their own products.
Made in China is what i've been told. My WAG is ANDY or CPBA was contracted to make it. They both make fine cloth.

I’ve played on 2 tables with it. Gotta say I thought it was garbage. Worst cloth I can remember playing on. The table right next to these were Simonis and perfect. Count me out on this stuff.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Pool room a couple hours from our area has it. It played very similar to 860, but I did have a harder time twisting back a bank, not sure why. Overall though, it played good and that may be due to the mechanic. Not sure.

Not the cloth. Probably not stretched correctly. The pros playing the Pred. Pro Series were ok with it.
Are they supposed to say something negative about a title sponsor for all to hear?

Same mechanic worked on all the tables. Certain it was stretched well. They just couldn’t get enough Simonis or they all would’ve had Simonis.

Trash

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play on a 7 footer regularly - worn Predator cloth, never vacuumed. It's like Stevens +. It's better than bare slate...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a guy that played an event in Phoenix and one in Michigan. He wasn't too impressed with the Pred. tables(a lot said same) but he said the cloth was fine. He said he heard no knocks on the cloth at either event. If pros don't like it they'll say so believe me. I still think install has a HUGE effect on how cloth plays. My local place just had to have 860 re-stretched because first installer dogged it and it played like absolute shit. Also some installers are so clueless they install worsted cloth upside down. That puts the un-shaved side up so it plays horrible.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion that is the worst thing about predator. They put their logo everywhere!!!
How cheesy do they have to be to put their logo and name under the rails?
So lame.
If you're worried about what is under the rails then it might just be you that has problems. ;)

Last edited:

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're worried about what is under the rails then it might just be you that has problems. ;)

Dirt?
I didn't say anything about dirt. Unless you're calling the Predator name and logo dirt, then...yes!

Lol so you changed the post...lol..
First you say "if you're worried about dirt under the rails", now it's this. hehe

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve played on 2 tables with it. Gotta say I thought it was garbage. Worst cloth I can remember playing on. The table right next to these were Simonis and perfect. Count me out on this stuff.
So what made it play like garbage to you? Just wandering what the difference was

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion that is the worst thing about predator. They put their logo everywhere!!!
How cheesy do they have to be to put their logo and name under the rails?
So lame.
Dude somonis , Andy’s and championship do the same thing 😂 that’s called marketing.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, it plays very similar to Simonis. Nothing at all wrong with it!

Livingston's?

How did you do?
Yes, Livingston's. I played ok in the tournament, but went two and out again a 700 and a 650. I was using a house cue. Then I gambled a couple sets with the 650. He won the first set 7-2. Then I borrowed a CF meucci shaft, and went hill-hill the second set, still lost. I had a really fun time though:)

Flakeandrun

I played on some ANDY 'speedy 900' the other day... holy shit It was different to me. I am familiar with CPBA or Simonis. Was like playing on ice... the cloth was two months old.

So what made it play like garbage to you? Just wandering what the difference was
Balls roll with the grain on occasion(granted when going very slowly) and this makes a massive difference playing one pocket(the only thing we play anymore really for cheese anyway). Can make a big difference when trying to cut someone off from something or an area next to a ball.

It happened almost every game at least once where the cue ball takes a path it simply can’t without some oddity like the grain pattern “anomaly” that I’ve only seen on this trash cloth. And I’ve seen it on separate tables in 2 separate rooms.

This part is more preference and doesn’t actually matter much but it also seemed to show chalk spots more than Simonis which is bad considering how poorly the blue Simonis is in that regard as well. Like when I hit anything with pace you instantly get a spot there(using Master).

I’ll never play a big match on it again.