I think it is a Good Idea! - Pool Shoes.

Godfather

Out of the racket
Do any of you know if there is a size regulation regarding shoes? We could make the bridge obsolete by coming out with giant clown shoes. A person could just crawl on the table with the tip of the shoe still touching the floor.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I like that one "Don". There are no rules against changing shoes either, so I can't see the harm. Besides it would be great fun. I will wear them if someone provides them. I would keep them in my vehicle and place them under the table when I am playing pool, waiting for the opportunity to use them. I can just picture my opponent's expression when I climb up on the table. Here In Louisiana some of the pool halls allow you to climb on the pool table. For the uninitiated, it is shocking but wait until they see those shoes. LOL.
JoeyA

Godfather said:
Do any of you know if there is a size regulation regarding shoes? We could make the bridge obsolete by coming out with giant clown shoes. A person could just crawl on the table with the tip of the shoe still touching the floor.

Chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
I like that one "Don". There are no rules against changing shoes either, so I can't see the harm. Besides it would be great fun. I will wear them if someone provides them. I would keep them in my vehicle and place them under the table when I am playing pool, waiting for the opportunity to use them. I can just picture my opponent's expression when I climb up on the table. Here In Louisiana some of the pool halls allow you to climb on the pool table. For the uninitiated, it is shocking but wait until they see those shoes. LOL.
JoeyA

Oversize shoes are prohibited:

3.13 FOOT ON FLOOR
Player must have at least one foot in contact with the floor at the moment the cue tip contacts the cue ball, or the shot is a foul. Foot attire must be normal in regard to size, shape and manner in which it is worn.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Has anyone tried :

Walking - New Balance 706
This lightweight, postal-approved technical walker boasts both exceptional comfort and long-wearing durability. The stability and support has been improved with the addition of the ROLLBAR® support system.

I'm wondering if this means that the NB706 is used by USPS workers. Postal workers stay on their feet moving on concrete for more hours per week than pool players.

Has anyone tried this shoe? It is a bit pricey at $124 but I have some Mephistos that aren't cheap either. The Mephistos feel good but are quite heavy. Although I don't think about them being heavy, I wonder if the heaviness contributes to any foot fatigue. The NB 706 is comparitively light.

Just wondering if our postal workers or pool players have tried this shoe and what they think about it.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are several mentions of good quality comfort shoes in instructional manuals. Since we spend time on our feet, while playing or competing, that is a good place to start controlling our fatigue. I wear ECCO and SAS

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
You need 2 pairs of pool shoes.1 pair for carpet and 1 pair for hard surfaces.A comfortable walking shoe is good for keeping your feet from getting tired and sore but an open toe shoe might be best to keep your feet from overheating.

Foot comfort is very important IMO.As far as what my shoes or anyone else look like?,don't know about that.