I thought pros never fail to break the rack...

I can't remember if this was the Davis or Burford match, but an accidental tap while preparing to break was exactly what it was. The pic you are looking at is after Appleton had already thinned the 1 once, and the opponent made a legal hit on the 1 but scratched. That's why the 1 is off the rack. I saw those shots. Can't remember exactly what happened after that. I don't think the game finished as a 3 foul, but I could be wrong.

B
 
Mate don't get me started on that tip tappy deliberate foul crap. I thought it was just in the top 2 divisions here, but a few mates have said its rife in the lower leagues too. Is Blackball the event that's held in Blackpool? I was going to enter the team event this year but we were 1 player short at standing a chance so decided not to bother. Definitely next year though seeing as its cheap as chips to enter.

Blackpool hosts English pool comps for all variety of rules, not just Blackball. The World's are starting this weekend, in fact - there will be some fat bastards and slow play there lol. BB is a more attacking variant of World rules, allowing you to pot your opponent's ball without penalty, so long as you pot one of your own at the same time. Whilst you still get two visits after a foul, the first visit is an open shot, so it's not two shot carry. Basically, it encourages open, aggressive play that rewards skill shots.
 
Blackpool hosts English pool comps for all variety of rules, not just Blackball. The World's are starting this weekend, in fact - there will be some fat bastards and slow play there lol. BB is a more attacking variant of World rules, allowing you to pot your opponent's ball without penalty, so long as you pot one of your own at the same time. Whilst you still get two visits after a foul, the first visit is an open shot, so it's not two shot carry. Basically, it encourages open, aggressive play that rewards skill shots.
That's partly why we didn't enter the BB tourney this year. None of us could be arsed to learn the rules! Haha

Oooo the world champs! Canny wait...erm wait. I can understand why the "larger" blokes slow play. No one wants to get a sweat on playing pool!
 
That's partly why we didn't enter the BB tourney this year. None of us could be arsed to learn the rules! Haha

Oooo the world champs! Canny wait...erm wait. I can understand why the "larger" blokes slow play. No one wants to get a sweat on playing pool!

Agreed. That's what the arrows are for.
 
Back
Top