I Wonder What The World Would be Like if Efren Was 30---

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder what the world would be like if Efren were 30 and his opponents were 60+

He flies 16-18 hours half way around the world and within 8 hours he s in action. Looks tired and somewhat off of his game.

The next day he looks stronger and seems to never stop playing. He is a machine, Does this for 3 days--my normal period to get over jet lag--- and then flies again through a couple of time zones to face up with the strongest 1 Hole players in the world.

He doesn't win this time but comes in a strong 3rd.

I wonder what if the roles were reversed but I especially wonder if he were 30 and they were 60+

They're all professionals and that stuff shouldn't matter. There are harder ways to make a living.

One of the things I love most about Shane is that any time someone tries to bring-up travel or playing conditions or stuff like that, he always replies,"I'm a professional..."

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
They're all professionals and that stuff shouldn't matter. There are harder ways to make a living.

One of the things I love most about Shane is that any time someone tries to bring-up travel or playing conditions or stuff like that, he always replies,"I'm a professional..."

It's a good quality of Shane's that he doesn't make excuses about it, but that doesn't mean it's not a factor. Of course it is.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a good quality of Shane's that he doesn't make excuses about it, but that doesn't mean it's not a factor. Of course it is.

They all have stuff going on in their lives... Bustamante's game was there immediately after being told that his child had died.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your right!

I agree pt.

I think it's often overlooked how much Efren has improved over the years. Sure he doesn't fire in some long range shots like he may have in his youth but he also never played one pocket back then. So his game hasn't been on a gradual decline, but instead some skills deminished while others inproved.

Not to mention, or I guess that's what I'm doing -- players today are much better ball strikers than were 20 or 30 years ago and he still managed and manages to compete with them just fine. That tells me his game wasn't declining as much as is often suggested.

Heads up he can still play with anybody in any game, SVB, Dennis O, or whoever. They would have the better of it, but they don't have to win.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You got it right!

Not correct ,Red staked him and they didn't play the next day because Buddy wouldn't put up his end from the day before.

P.S. I can't remember either one betting their own unless purely stealing.

And Efren had been up Gambling for two days with little rest when Buddy got to the table. Buddy might have won anyway, but Efren didn't turn down the game the next day after he had rested.

eddie8842

getcha some of that
Silver Member
maybe the best ever but there's no shortage of fairy tales around these parts especially as he gets older

in his prime in the USA Earl and Buddy may have been better, and when Efren took down the world with backer money Buddy took him down with his own

Buddy did, but it was after Efren had been gambling for somethin like 40 hours straight against the rest of the best players in the US and beating them all

I'm sure after 40 hours or more straight of playing all games against top talent Efren should've rested
but instead he played the man who possibly had the best cue ball control in the world at the time
tough to win even fresh, but after 40 hours, impossible

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy did, but it was after Efren had been gambling for somethin like 40 hours straight against the rest of the best players in the US and beating them all

I'm sure after 40 hours or more straight of playing all games against top talent Efren should've rested
but instead he played the man who possibly had the best cue ball control in the world at the time
tough to win even fresh, but after 40 hours, impossible

And there certainly have been contentions that buddy was supposed to win, to grease the exit of efrens crew.