Identify this table...

ap_audio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I got a call, through my dad, the other day about a 10' snooker table that some people in one of the close by small towns may want to sell. I went and checked out the table this morning and took a few photos of it... Can someone tell me if this is a GC1 or a GC2? I'm thinking its a GC2 looking at the apron? The table is in great shape ... originally came out of a commercial rec room that went belly up in the 70's and was immediately installed in this house while it was being built in 1976. Also, once identified - whats a value on this thing? I was guessing $2-3k maybe because of the good condition but I wasn't really sure.

tn_IMG_0832.JPG The GC sticker underneath...would this say GC2 if it was a GC2?

tn_IMG_0838.JPG The stamping on the inside of the rail skirts that I had a tough time photographing while trying to hold a flashlight and get around the apron...

Last edited:

ap_audio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tn_IMG_0839.JPG 10' snooker table in the room.. love the carpet. yea, thats the word for it...
tn_IMG_0843.JPG the rack and the apron at the foot

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0846.JPG
    tn_IMG_0846.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 387

9-ball B

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the legs are stationary(do not rotate up and down to level),then it should be a GC I. Either way, it's a great table and will play great. Unfortunately the snooker tables are not as valuable as the 9' or 8' versions. Mostly due to snooker not being as popular and not many people will have room to put it in their home. If you are into snooker,than paying maybe about 2k for one in great shape like yours is a fair price.The price also depends on where you live too. I have had the opportunity to pick up countless GC snooker tables like yours for next to nothing,but for business reasons,let them go. Too much room taken up in storage,and too few customers for a snooker table. Great table though!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If the legs are stationary(do not rotate up and down to level),then it should be a GC I. Either way, it's a great table and will play great. Unfortunately the snooker tables are not as valuable as the 9' or 8' versions. Mostly due to snooker not being as popular and not many people will have room to put it in their home. If you are into snooker,than paying maybe about 2k for one in great shape like yours is a fair price.The price also depends on where you live too. I have had the opportunity to pick up countless GC snooker tables like yours for next to nothing,but for business reasons,let them go. Too much room taken up in storage,and too few customers for a snooker table. Great table though!!

One of the changes from a GC1 to a GC2 was the change in the name plate from plastic to metal as well, but the name plate change came about before the change in adjustable feet, so this table could be between changes because it don't look like the feet adjust. And you're right about the resale value, I have a friend that's been sitting on 2 of these in mint condition for years now collecting dust because not many are interested in buying them.

Glen

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine has a table that nobody locally can identify. It's a metal frame, 1 1/2 inch 3 piece slate, 9 ft. The legs are rectangular, about 4 inches square at the top and tapering out to about a foot square at the bottom. Does anybody recognize this?

Dave Nelson

9-ball B

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the changes from a GC1 to a GC2 was the change in the name plate from plastic to metal as well, but the name plate change came about before the change in adjustable feet, so this table could be between changes because it don't look like the feet adjust. And you're right about the resale value, I have a friend that's been sitting on 2 of these in mint condition for years now collecting dust because not many are interested in buying them.

Glen

I was curious about the correct nameplate for the GC I a while back,and spoke to Ken Hash about it. What he told me made pretty good sense. He says that the GC I originally came out with the plastic cover style plate,but was changed a short time later to the metal plate because the plastic would get damaged too easily(cigarette burns,cracked,etc.). I think that both were offered with the metal plate.Either way,great table for sure,and one of my all time favorites.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I was curious about the correct nameplate for the GC I a while back,and spoke to Ken Hash about it. What he told me made pretty good sense. He says that the GC I originally came out with the plastic cover style plate,but was changed a short time later to the metal plate because the plastic would get damaged too easily(cigarette burns,cracked,etc.). I think that both were offered with the metal plate.Either way,great table for sure,and one of my all time favorites.

True story, but as the GC2's only had the metal name plate, I consider the name plate change one of the differences between the 1 & 2, even though you're right about them being installed on the 1's. To me, original first production run GC1's would be with all flaws first, then start adding in the changes.

Glen