If you were looking to sell a Balabushka how would you go about it?

middleofnowhere

Registered
Does Pete Tascarella ever go to any of those events? He might be able to help you sell them. Speaking of Stroud you don't happen to have a cue of his do you? I'm interested in a JW wrapless but they are hard to find.
No, he made me a number of cues though. The last one he made me was years ago. I'm sure it is still around but I bet the owner doesn't even know what it is. It was four ebony point no veneers. Ebony butt sleeve with a brass joint. It is marked JW but people will think it's a fake.

I had Jerry Franklin (South west cue) make me a cue that had no veneers and a plain maple forearm, (not birdseye) It was a one of a kind. I sold that years ago and I am sure whoever owns it now has trouble making people believe it is a SW.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Anyone today, can sell a cue. You have a cell phone, you have a camera. The only problems are A- Who are you? B- Proper Authentication. C- Patients. As clean cut as this should be, oh will you be in for a shock. Someone asked me our commission to sell a collection.. he thought it was to much.. he listed 3 cues and then called me and begged me to handle it. He asked.. How have you done this for 30 years... I said.. Ahhhh it only cost me my hair. :)

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with most already said except the FED-EX part. By far the safest way to ship items of value is Registered Mail. Not only is it totaley safe itis a federal offense if you use the mail.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with most already said except the FED-EX part. By far the safest way to ship items of value is Registered Mail. Not only is it totaley safe itis a federal offense if you use the mail.
Brinks is best for super high value items. Post, FedEx etc are capped at a much lower number. With Brinks there pretty much isn’t a cap as far as cues are concerned

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i mostly just sell in person for cash, unless it really seems like a smooth deal and i feel good about it.
most desirable things will sell in person as he will come to you or send a friend to look and pick it up.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
there are a fair amount of honest members here on az who have good knowledge of Balabushka cues. I wouls also suggest posting some good pics here with a detailed description of the cues condition, straightness, specs and any details you might have of the history and from that you should receive some good feedback.

As a couple guys suggested, getting an authentication letter from Pete Tascarella can also be helpful but, in my experience, is not a requirement for making a successful sale.

best,
brian kc

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
post the true lowest price you will accept. then say in the ad firm, no exceptions. weeds out the offer crap and back and forth with those not going to buy anyway..
That’s a great way to only get the absolute lowest price you would ever accept… ;)