IL state ACS tourney

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
don't know if I met anyone new from AZBilliards, but am sure there are more than a few here that enjoyed the tourney this last weekend....

Wanted to congratulate some of the local (Peoria area) players who made a REAL strong showing. Bobby (McGrath) was a machine plowing his way thru the masters 8ball getting another state title this year. Very well done, kid!!! Anthony Shultz's team was a force to be reckoned with, and took down the team title. Good playing guys! And my team making it into the money was a journey (after losing our 2nd match); battling thru Saturday....thanks to my teammates. We were stopped by a fellow AZBer, Brad (Cuaba) Simpson's team, and though I don't know where they finished, they were playing REAL good!!

A number of other teams from my area made pretty deep runs, and rooting them on while there was fun. All in all, another GREAT state tourney....look forward to it every year, and would love to hear from others who had a similar experience. :thumbup:

Last edited:

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the post.

I really enjoyed the Indiana ACS event. I heard the Illinois team event was huge.

I bet it was a blast.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Thanks for the post.

I really enjoyed the Indiana ACS event. I heard the Illinois team event was huge.

I bet it was a blast.

We did have to play an "Iowa" team in our Saturday grind. They played for a place out of Le Claire, but I think the whole team was from IL. Jamie Bowman was on that team, and we somehow escaped with a victory...:thumbup: I'm sure there were "Indiana" teams there as well.

Last edited:

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My team out performed my expectations and cashed in the same round as some local monster teams. Was definitely proud of the way they shot.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
My team out performed my expectations and cashed in the same round as some local monster teams. Was definitely proud of the way they shot.

Nice going Joe, what team did you play for? My team (TeJ's Sports Connection), knocked out another local team that on paper were very likely the favorites....hated to knock out another Peoria area team, but always like pulling out an underdog victory. :cool:

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice going Joe, what team did you play for? My team (TeJ's Sports Connection), knocked out another local team that on paper were very likely the favorites....hated to knock out another Peoria area team, but always like pulling out an underdog victory. :cool:

My team was Well Hung Ballers, you might have seen our shirts. Luckily we didn't have to play anybody we knew.

Cashing in that tourney is an accomplishment.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
haha, I did notice your shirts. And cashing in that tourney is tough, heck, the 2nd chance tourney is no cake walk....we had to play in that last year!

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congrats Rusty, I need to make it next year, Tom T said he got 5-6. Said he had a good time too.
Mark

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Congrats Rusty, I need to make it next year, Tom T said he got 5-6. Said he had a good time too.
Mark

only cuz Tom didn't have to play me!!! Be sure to tell him. Too hard for me to play in singles - work wise. I did wonder where you were....? I'll run into ya sometime at Ride the 9. :thumbup:

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He hit the 9 ball break for 600 last night, he said that was alot easier than all weekend for 400.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Tom is having all kinds of LUCK recently....not having to room with me was likely the luckiest thing this year. ;) I have yet to be drawn for one of those darn break pot things; in ANY tourney. :angry:

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
oh, and Gil....everything looked real nice. too bad you didn't have something in lime green and electric blue to match my shoes :grin-square:

everyone should check out Castillo's work, TOP - NOTCH! http://castilloleathergoods.com/

Last edited:

GriffinG

dogger of balls
Silver Member
Was an awesome tourney, I know we played a few of you guys and some mentioned in the posts as well. Lots of great people there and I personally had a great time helping do some commentary with TVMike between my matches. Lots of great playing all around!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Was Judex James on that team you knocked out?
Haven't heard his name for a while...I hope he is well....fine player.

Donkin the 8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lost my first match in the open singles and ended up 13th-16th. our team finished 17th-24. was a really fun weekend. loved the venue. I heard they already booked it again for next year

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Why did I not see you Rusty. Wtf

hey Jeff....we played so many freakin matches on Saturday back to back, that I really didn't get to wander around very much. Your team was playing Bobby's team when we were playing Tom Peck's team, or I woulda came over and said Hi. I owe ya a cold one next time we're in the same place.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Was Judex James on that team you knocked out?
Haven't heard his name for a while...I hope he is well....fine player.

no, it wasn't JJ's team. He's getting out and about a bit more now. GREAT guy; hope to play some golf with him this year as well (if the stupid weather ever breaks).

Actionunltd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ill state was a blast. My team took 9-12. We lost to Sarge's team and the "young guns" who won it all. I really liked the new venue. I can't wait for next year.