I'm disappointed with my new cue

td873 said:
In the same way, your cue is great, but odds are, it won't match the hit or feel of a new construction.
IMO, if kept full splice, it'll hit better than a new custom.... :)
 
You know, pool is a consistency sport...much like golf, it's good form, playing with consistancy to good form, and practice to improve. Also like golfers, sometimes we mess up the consistency looking for the holy grail of equipment. I'm guilty of this. My main playing cue is a cocobolo J-2 Jacoby, no inlay work. It plays well as made. But nooo, I couldn't leave it alone, just had to try a tiger X shaft with sniper tip, because of all the raves over laminated shafts and layered tips. It works well, but now I am having to learn a new type of consistency. I really don't know if this shaft has helped or hurt. Yes, my cocobolo Jacoby plays well....but I find myself drifting to the for sale section here, just to look at the pretty cues. Someday I may buy one, just for it's intrinsic beauty. Will that help my game? It would probably be detrimental to consistency. Just tossing this out as food for thought...:)
 
Had my previous cue for 15 years....old Viking I bought for $75 when I was 16....great looking cue with a upgraded shaft and tip.....rugged, old metal joints....squeaked like a car wreck when I put it together, and the last few years the wrap started to fray.....had primo, first class confidence with that cue and beat many a player with many an expensive cue, and never thought twice about it....disappeared a couple of years ago during a divorce, I miss that cue :mad:

Started playing again, bought a new Viking I liked, and not a cheap one....cue has a much better feel, balance, it's straight(LOL), and it has a Moorie tip......just a few years out of the game, I have half the confidence with twice the cue, and wish I had that old POS back....granted, I'm getting better with this cue, but it's been a month +......give it time :D
 
pwd72s said:
You know, pool is a consistency sport...much like golf, it's good form, playing with consistancy to good form, and practice to improve. Also like golfers, sometimes we mess up the consistency looking for the holy grail of equipment. I'm guilty of this. My main playing cue is a cocobolo J-2 Jacoby, no inlay work. It plays well as made. But nooo, I couldn't leave it alone, just had to try a tiger X shaft with sniper tip, because of all the raves over laminated shafts and layered tips. It works well, but now I am having to learn a new type of consistency. I really don't know if this shaft has helped or hurt. Yes, my cocobolo Jacoby plays well....but I find myself drifting to the for sale section here, just to look at the pretty cues. Someday I may buy one, just for it's intrinsic beauty. Will that help my game? It would probably be detrimental to consistency. Just tossing this out as food for thought...:)


Yes, Im the same way, I get caught up in all the hype about the latest greatest and hardly give myself time to even adjust to a new cue before I buy another one.


I think its cuestickitis, and you know these people they just keep pushing, and dealing they know Im weak!!! Theres one! oh, and another! hehe actualy I think I found my one and only but I was something like this not long ago. The good thing is it isnt all that expensive and now I have some extra $$$ because I sold all my high dollar cues the second day I played with this new one.. yep, its that good.

SPINDOKTOR
 
personally, i think you need a solid 40-50 hrs over ten or so sessions with a new cue

having said that,

Scruggs in not a God, perhaps the cue is defective

Let some of the guys at your local room shoot with it, get their opinions
 
scruggs

I sold a scruggs tts and if you were the one that bought it , I will trade it back at full amt of what you paid for it! all my deals are not in stone and if you were the guy! get ahold of me and ill take care of you! you are never stuck with any thing we sell! we want every one happy we are trying to set our selvs apart from all the other dealers.we just put up about 15 new cues and we ar putting up 15 more this weekend!
 
Just the cue for me.

I would be glad to purchase your cue for pennys on the dollar. I would burn the the cutech to make a better bond with the TS. I bet your in the apa.
 
Back
Top