Incident at the pool room

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The game is hard enough with spotlessly clean balls. Hitting object balls and getting chalk on them just it makes it even harder. Really shouldn't do it. Pet peeve for me, i never do it.

Mark Wilson gives lessons and uses the object balls for practice. Bring it up with him:D

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
The balls should never have been left on the table, particularly by an employee.

When I see a coin box with balls up, I assume somebody is in the restroom, having a smoke outside or taking a call and move on.

Real loser here is the owner that got a bad rip because of two dickheads.

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After working as a full time house man for 9 years I've seen every possible move...and then some...that people use to try to get free table time.

Some of the best are....

Oh....well I only played half the time and my buddy played the other half so we only owe you one hour. Me...eh...no....

Oh...I was just showing him a shot.
Me....yea...you never told me...and for 45 minutes?....no...pay up.

Oh....I got done playing an hour ago...didn't you see me sitting down?
Me...eh...it's not my job to keep track of how long you sit between shots...and every bit of your responsibly to let me know your done playing as you come up to the counter to pay me. Next...

I only played one game...why do I have to pay?
Me....you played so...you pay. Not my problem your a lose one and quit guy.

Me..ok..you owe so n so..
Them...what?...I only played an hour ...I checked my phone when I came in.
Me. Well you played for an hour and twenty minutes by my clock. And since you obviously were not on the clock before you got here and took the rack...whos wrong?

Nit.....How much?
Me...3.75...
Them..WHAT!...How long did I play for..
Me...hour and 15 min.
Them...how much is it an hour?
( keep in mind they come in 4x a week and can't figure out the rate that's posted in giant letters right at the counter.)
Me..3 dollars and hour.
Them....then How is it 3.75?
Me..Idk..Let me find a second grader to do this advanced math for you.

Or they yell from the floor..TAKE ME OFF!...THIS GAMES ALMOST OVER!
me....when the balls hit my counter I'll take you off time...because last time I did that for you...you decided to play another game anyway that took 15 more minutes.

Or the 1 hour guy.
Sets his timer...waits till the last second...comes running up with no balls...lights on...everything still splashed out on the table. Wants to pay now because that extra quarter in table time means a run to the car for 5 min to look under the seat for 2 dimes and 5 pennies... and take 10 more min to bring everything back up...sans chalk and lights still on..bridge on next table top.ECT.

Or one that is partially my fault because I do most all the cleaning in the room.
They Wait until I'm not at the counter and grab a rack of balls and start playing.
I've won bets that certain guys are stalling me out so they can sneak an extra 5 minutes out of me.
Minute I leave the counter to take out the trash or something...they who have been sitting around for the last hour half asleep suddenly come to life like..oh...now I feel like playing..wheres he at...never mind I'll just start on my own.
Creepy Mo fo's

Sorry...but here...the customer is almost never right.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Net positive or negative?

Got to consider the customer: Are they a net positive or net negative to your business? Seems to be a regular and regulars are usually worth keeping. If it wasn't a regular or was somebody I wouldn't mind seeing gone I would start the clock when they hit the first ball without feeding the table. The employee had already offered them the choice. Letting them head for the door then stopping them to pay their bill will break them of sucking eggs!

Worth remembering that one customer bashing you will do enough harm it takes twenty talking good to outrun it. A saying that might not be exactly true but close enough. I was looking at a piece of equipment that hadn't been out long. It got terrible reviews all over the net! When I started reading them almost every review was from one pissed off customer and he was pissed about something that had nothing to do with the machine operation. One highly motivated pissed off customer can do a lot of harm! Can't sue someone without a pot to piss in or a lid to cover it up either.

Hu