Indexing Simonis or other Worsted Cloth...

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no issues with railcloths coming loose on Valleys using 3m-77 :) I would never use it on a bedcloth!
I have also used Weldwood in a pinch and it holds, it just takes way longer to cure than RKC250, Parabond M250 or Fasbond N-10.
I know you are also "casually" doing the Valleys you service, so time is not so much of an issue.
I do 4 Valley tables at a time, stuff has to cure quick :)

TFT
Yep... one at a time for me! Lol

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Yep... one at a time for me! Lol
We have 4 extra sets of Penguin Valley rails at the pool hall, the owner helps me make it as efficient as possible! He is a pool player and is not cheap, so its great to work hard for someone who cares about the outcome! I do 4 sets the night before and then the 4 bedcloths production line style. Takes about 6 hours for the beds and 3-4 hours for the rail sets.

659eb64b4b083a9dc21035d8da3b94a6845e61bf-1.jpg
6f2ff8dd341559a2ea573ab1a925b0a70a6983fa-3.jpg

PracticeChampion

Sorry to hear you are having issues. These are GC3's I am workin on at Miscue South here in Toledo and they have the wood slate backers, so staples are in use. I only use adhesive on Diamonds and Valleys. I prefer staples over adhesives, at least until they make a non-toxic/ solvent-less adhesive.

I do like the outcome with adhesive and I am quite good at installing worsted cloth with it, but, I like my health. When I work on Diamonds I used RKC250 for beds, staples for rails and Valleys RKC250 for beds and 3m-77 Spray for the rails. Examples of adhesive work below.

TFT

View attachment 657518View attachment 657519View attachment 657520
Ok thanks...
The weave just before a pocket is S shaped now so a slow roll is no good and misses badly. I have a can of barge contact cement around

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no issues with railcloths coming loose on Valleys using 3m-77 :) I would never use it on a bedcloth!
I have also used Weldwood in a pinch and it holds, it just takes way longer to cure than RKC250, Parabond M250 or Fasbond N-10.
I know you are also "casually" doing the Valleys you service, so time is not so much of an issue.
I do 4 Valley tables at a time, stuff has to cure quick :)

TFT
We actually was using the 3M and the Gorilla brand spray adhesive for a while. Got away from it because of overspray, and had a pocket pull come loose on two different tables. We were careful to cover the rails with old bedsheets. Overspray still got on all of the balls in the ball box. Pissed us off so we found an alternative and never looked back.

I also used the Weldwood to install cushions on my personal table. Worked beautifully. What do you use for cushions? The RKC?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
We actually was using the 3M and the Gorilla brand spray adhesive for a while. Got away from it because of overspray, and had a pocket pull come loose on two different tables. We were careful to cover the rails with old bedsheets. Overspray still got on all of the balls in the ball box. Pissed us off so we found an alternative and never looked back.

I also used the Weldwood to install cushions on my personal table. Worked beautifully. What do you use for cushions? The RKC?
I used to use the Weldwood for cushions and did for years. I now use the RKC250 from Diamond. I did your rails on the GC3 you and your brother bought from me with it. Can't wait to come spend a day down your way playing pool once its done being set up !!
I dont normally sell tables "as is" restoration wise, you guys are being very detail oriented and I know I wont be upset!

TFT

PracticeChampion

Post a picture? What kind of table?

TFT
Valley.. The guy just installed the clothe 3-4 weeks ago and has had to come out and repair two other tables that came loose already in the nearly exact same spots. I said call him again but the guy that runs it would rather just repair our selves and be done with it.

No pictures right now but you can imagine the weave lines going straight up the table and then 8-10" out of corner it now does an s shape

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Valley.. The guy just installed the clothe 3-4 weeks ago and has had to come out and repair two other tables that came loose already in the nearly exact same spots. I said call him again but the guy that runs it would rather just repair our selves and be done with it.

No pictures right now but you can imagine the weave lines going straight up the table and then 8-10" out of corner it now does an s shape

Yeah, there are a lot of people who do not know how to install a Worsted style cloth.
This guy right here does! We just recovered the 12 Valleys at Miscue South In Toledo, last month. SO tight and even: it could be break danced on!

TFT

57e3b11e28b596d95e990f13871eb0f5c17a0bbe-1.jpg

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
GOT 2 Done of 9 today. Only doin a 2 at a time and have 3 weeks to get them done before the inhouse 9 ft league starts!

CHAMP TOUR EDITION 30/30! Miscue South in Toledo. Its a nice place to play pool , stop in and see for yourself!

TFT

View attachment 657322
UPDATE< I have had a chance to ask some local players how they like the new cloth: FAST!! Across the board that is what was said to me. I also got some time in on this particular table and it sure does play very very FAST! Now to see how it breaks in and wears over time. So far its all positive !!

TFT

tour-edition-logo__91337.1528470557.500.750 (1).jpg

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Just got to my shop next to the pool hall and another regular customer is VERY HAPPY with the new Tour 30/30!!!
If I didn't have a 9' Anniversary project starting I would have stayed and played, but, work calls!
Have 2 more 9' Anniversary's to to after this one! BLESSED

TFT

UPDATE< I have had a chance to ask some local players how they like the new cloth: FAST!! Across the board that is what was said to me. I also got some time in on this particular table and it sure does play very very FAST! Now to see how it breaks in and wears over time. So far its all positive !!

TFT

View attachment 658323

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member