INfo on APA Masters div.

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So i was asked to join a Masters team, and I have looked on their web site for info. to no avail. can somebody fill me in on the format rules etc.? or maybe a link to this info. thanks

hon400ex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the format. You play a race to 7. You play 5 games of 8 ball and 8 games of 9 ball. Start off, you flip a coin. Winner can pick to take the first break or pick which game to play first. You can use jump cues and you can push after the break in 9 ball. No coaching. You still have to take what you make in 8 ball.
Andy

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Guys SO you guys like this format? then

As a weak 7 (inconsistant) do you think this would be a good decision to be a part of?

hon400ex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I would do it if I were you. I am a weak 7 also, and I think it is better practice than regular league.

AcuraHeel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love it comped to regular APA leagues. Our (3) matches are usually done by 9 o'clock......and NO score keeping...:):thumbup: or handicap:thumbup:

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
I play APA Masters and handicap leagues. I like both.
FYI - If you ever want to play in any APA 8 or 9 ball tournaments you have to also play in the handicap league so you have an established handicap. You won't get one from just the Masters league

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Any one here played in the Master's in Vegas? My local NY league does not have a Master's Division. Can we take any four players from our league and form a Master's Team for August? Thanks for the information.

Lyn

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play APA Masters and handicap leagues. I like both.
FYI - If you ever want to play in any APA 8 or 9 ball tournaments you have to also play in the handicap league so you have an established handicap. You won't get one from just the Masters league

Yeah I am on a tuesday night handicap div. I still will play on this team but get tired of the 4's only needing 2 games:confused: kinda blows if youre off on any given night.