Informal "BLACK" ball poll.....................

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think they are pretty

not that i plan to buy a set,i just like the looks
in the box in the picture

i still play centennial balls with red or blue circle

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4B5CB395-49B2-414B-8531-5ADF1F3AB8AE.jpg

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Raschig had a set like that: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6074706&postcount=1

Hey, check out that 9-ball!

Big 1.

And I’ve been seeing 1 hole mentioned again and again. Remember folks: 1 pocket. POCKET. :)

Now...that raschig set is pretty. I absolutely love solid colors without numbers, and since they are the colors we all know and love you don’t even need numbers! Omg I know what they are just at a glance. Like magic. The 9 I don’t like so much but it’s aiight as the one and only ugly “special” ball. Half a set like that though? :barf:

I’m truly baffled by the whole thing, is it somehow cheaper to make them black? Like they found themselves with an excess of black resin or dye somehow or something? If anything it seems like it’d be more work to make them black but I know nothing of making the balls. There is just no way anyone actually thought people would like them. It’s weird.

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1 because giving out the purple crush just sounds dumb
dfe068dc0835081c7249609beada5f77.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Next up, GLOW BALLS.. like glow bowling..
the numbers glow inside the balls, and the
balls flash when you hit ‘em.
Don’t tell the Matchroom lady...

:eek:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Riding the “black” shaft wave? The 4 and the 5... Out with the old; in with the new... Any attention is better than none? ...Seems to be working.

Last edited:

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's some funny stuff right there and exactly how I was seeing them while watching. Changing the 4 a while back was bad enough. Whoever decided to switch ball colors is an idiot and should be fired. I don't care if the color orange hurts people's feelings or whatever but to change it to an existing ball color is beyond stupid.

who is hurt though? the miniscule pool audience of catholic northern irishmen? seems far-fetched as a reason. sky sports air football matches with the netherlands team dressed in orange.. in fact they dress orange in most sports (fun fact: their orange has the same roots as the irish orange)

this is probably just a novelty ball set they want to promote

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
(fun fact: their orange has the same roots as the irish orange)
I am Dutch and I have no clue what the roots are of our love for the color orange. Always thought it had to do with a king we once had, Willem van Oranje ('William of Orange')...
But anyway, I also select option 1 and I agree that it's a stupid choice to have the 5 be the purple that the 4 once had. Having said that, I watched some of the USA vs CSI warmup match this week and none of the players seemed to have a problem with those colors so apparently it's no real issue.

I heard Matchroom lady Emily comment that they worked with Aramith to work out which colors worked best on all types of screens people will watch pool on, and this is what they came up with. Well they are the pros so who are we to judge? Just squint your eyes to discern the 2 from the 4. Or is that the 5? :thumbup:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am Dutch and I have no clue what the roots are of our love for the color orange. Always thought it had to do with a king we once had, Willem van Oranje ('William of Orange')...
But anyway, I also select option 1 and I agree that it's a stupid choice to have the 5 be the purple that the 4 once had. Having said that, I watched some of the USA vs CSI warmup match this week and none of the players seemed to have a problem with those colors so apparently it's no real issue.

I heard Matchroom lady Emily comment that they worked with Aramith to work out which colors worked best on all types of screens people will watch pool on, and this is what they came up with. Well they are the pros so who are we to judge? Just squint your eyes to discern the 2 from the 4. Or is that the 5? :thumbup:
Well EF and Aramith are full of crap. So-called tv balls were designed with standard def. in mind. No need with hi-def tv or streams. When they played the World 10b in Vegas they used the new Predator balls which use CLASSIC Centennial-style colors/stripes. Players LOVED them and they were VERY easy to make out on the stream. Marchroom dogged it here. They don't do that often and hopefully these balls will have a short lifespan.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am Dutch and I have no clue what the roots are of our love for the color orange. Always thought it had to do with a king we once had, Willem van Oranje ('William of Orange')...:

william later took the english throne and then defeated the irish in the williamite war.. which is why it's a controversial color in northern ireland. the protestants worship william annually in the orange march, which usually leads to sectarian violence

anywho. i call bull on this being the reason.