Information about Fury cues, the company, etc.?

tomker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was interested to see which cues the Chinese play with domestically. I browsed a few pool supply web sites online as best I could. It seems like Fury is the go-to brand that they all stock.

Annoyingly, I can't seem to find a good source for information about Fury's products. There is a US web site, furycues.com, which was a dumpster fire and currently doesn't seem to be working at all.

I can't find a Chinese web site for the brand. As best I can figure out, the cues are manufactured by the Gaofa (高发) sporting goods company. Their corporate web site has pictures that seem to be taken from a Fury product catalog, but they're only thumbnails and I have no idea how to find the catalog.

I can't read Chinese, and, other than searching for stuff using Baidu, I have no idea how to find Chinese web sites. I was wondering if somebody on this forum might be able to help. Thanks in advance.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was interested to see which cues the Chinese play with domestically. I browsed a few pool supply web sites online as best I could. It seems like Fury is the go-to brand that they all stock. Fury cues are of decent quality. Mezz cues are also popular in Asia

Annoyingly, I can't seem to find a good source for information about Fury's products. There is a US web site, furycues.com, which was a dumpster fire and currently doesn't seem to be working at all.

I can't find a Chinese web site for the brand. As best I can figure out, the cues are manufactured by the Gaofa (高发) sporting goods company. Their corporate web site has pictures that seem to be taken from a Fury product catalog, but they're only thumbnails and I have no idea how to find the catalog. You may be able to use a translator APP.

I can't read Chinese, and, other than searching for stuff using Baidu, I have no idea how to find Chinese web sites. I was wondering if somebody on this forum might be able to help. Thanks in advance. You could just call or write Fury USA.

tomker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, this is the site I was referring to as a dumpster fire. Besides the useless, time-wasting animations and the illegible font, the site only lists a small handful of the cues that Fury produces. If you go to their page on shafts, it doesn't even list anything. WTF.

I don't know who "Fury USA" is, but their web site looks like a project that somebody did for a web design class, which they probably failed.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, this is the site I was referring to as a dumpster fire. Besides the useless, time-wasting animations and the illegible font, the site only lists a small handful of the cues that Fury produces. If you go to their page on shafts, it doesn't even list anything. WTF.

I don't know who "Fury USA" is, but their web site looks like a project that somebody did for a web design class, which they probably failed.
Did you try calling or emailing them?

tomker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you try calling or emailing them?

No. I have no reason to believe that "Fury USA" knows anything about Fury cues beyond the almost-nonexistent amount of information they put on their web site. Calling or emailing them seems like it would be a complete waste of time.

There are many Fury cues for sale on AliExpress. Paging through those product listings is giving me a rough understanding of their product lines, but it would be nice to have all that information in one place.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Curious why you would work so hard to try to buy a Fury cue if they are so difficult to contact and research? Even if you were to figure out how and what to buy from them, what would you have to go through if you have a quality problem or need for customer service? There are so many other options...

tomker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious why you would work so hard to try to buy a Fury cue if they are so difficult to contact and research? Even if you were to figure out how and what to buy from them, what would you have to go through if you have a quality problem or need for customer service? There are so many other options...

I didn't say anything about buying a cue. I just found it interesting that the Fury brand seems to be so prevalent in China and is almost nonexistent in the US. All indications are that they're excellent cues. Why wouldn't you want to know more about them?

That being said, I did end up ordering a new Fury cue via AliExpress. $250 for a rosewood butt with inlaid points and rings, radial joint, low-deflection 11.8 mm shaft, and a bumper and weight bolt system that's compatible with Fury-brand extensions. It ticks a lot of boxes for me, and the promotional photographs look terrific (obviously). My expectations are high, but if it ends up being crap, I'm only out $250.

I feel like it would cost at least $400-$500 to get a comparable cue from a brand that's widely available in the US. So, in addition to intellectual curiosity, there's a value incentive here too.

tomker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope it turns out great for you!

Thank you! Actually, it did turn out pretty terrific! I wrote some notes and uploaded some pictures of the cue here:

Thxms

fury don't have official website.Sales in China are usually through physical dealer or online( for example:tiktok,alibaba)