Initial team usa squad is named for mosconi cup xxv

barboxplr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman is still better than the rest other than shane. He could apot the next 4 2 games and beat them all imo. Take the beat for the team regardless of bootcamps etc. Its clear to see who the top players are. Oscar it top 5 and see what happened. 9 ball and 10 is different yes but it wasnt even close. Say what you want but without begman and mike deschane your giving up before you start.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Oh, and for anyone who noticed the playlist changed from gangstah rap to Skynard.... Yer welcome.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have no idea what your first sentence has to do with anything. As far as major 9 foot tournaments paying well enough to encourage top level talent, there are only two that I know of.. Turning Stone and the U.S. Open. And the Turning Stone tournament does not pay well enough to induce international players to come just for the tournament, so the only high level talent you get are the few world class pros that live in the U.S.. And, as such, American players might only have 1 or 2 in their bracket before the Semis/Finals, where in the U.S. Open, you have to slay giant after giant after the shortstops go out in the 2nd or 3rd round.

So, in effect, there is only one good tournament for guys like Justin Bergman to jump to that next level. Whereas in Europe, you have a tournament almost every weekend where you might get the chance to get down against a guy who might have beat Filler multiple times in tournaments. And that's the difference.

And I am totally not arguing with you that Bergman is not a favorite in any tournament where a couple of world class players are in the field. He is simply not at that level yet. He MIGHT be #2 i the USA, but it is a very distant #2. Shane might be the best player in the world, and Bergman would probably never make the final 16 of a world championship, even if he attended.

No offence to Bergman, if he reads this. He just REALLY needs to work on his break to get to the next level.

In the recent West Coast swing you had players like Chinakov, Hohmann, Shaw, and a couple of other top European young guns and the Filipinos to wade through. Alex, Dennis, Kiamco, Gomez, Aranas, DeLuna and Alcano! That's about as world class as you can get. Naturally Shane was the only American player (besides T-Rex in One Pocket) to put a dent in their dominance. Not sure Justin would have fared much better. These second tier American tourneys are gravy trains for the Filipinos and guys like Chinakov.

Last edited:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the recent West Coast swing you had players like Chinakov, Hohmann, a couple of other top European young guns and the Filipinos to wade through. Alex, Dennis, Kiamco, Gomez, Aranas, DeLuna and Alcano! That's about as world class as you can get. Naturally Shane was the only American player (besides T-Rex in One Pocket) to put a dent in their dominance. Not sure Justin would have fared much better. These second tier American tourneys are gravy trains for the Filipinos and guys like Chinakov.

You are right that the top notch international players shoot lights out, but Bergman is capable of shooting as good as anybody. He is a very solid player. I guess he just doesn’t feel like it is in his best interest financially to travel to far flung tournaments

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
You are right that the top notch international players shoot lights out, but Bergman is capable of shooting as good as anybody. He is a very solid player. I guess he just doesn’t feel like it is in his best interest financially to travel to far flung tournaments

Far flung lmao. JB plays great, I dont want any misunderstanding on that.

Outside of Shane they just cant get there! I would love to put JB, Josh, Dennis, Dechaine, Corey, Wilke, Shane, Shaw in the same room for a year all expenses paid and see what the pool world looks like after that. Throw in Filler and Dennis O since he's here most of the year anyway, and we'd have a very competitive team.

Without Filler, Shaw, and Dennis jamming games down their throats, there would be no difference.

Add Tom Wirth and JJ to their every day training and I'd put some cash on all of them - add that one certain girl from over there(who beat Mills) and we've got a team to beat everybody. And yes, Mills should be on our team! One of my favorite US players!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Ok then. Who wants to pay these guys to play against each other all year so we can win? I have a few $$$, and there are many more here who have $$$ to support our US players. How many of them live in S Dakota? How many will live in a bus and travel all over the US putting on exhibitions? I'll be the first to donate if we can get these guys to give back and put on a show.

FARGO RATE, ARE YOU LISTENING????? You have every opportunity to develop a league that supports pros along with amateurs. It's not the first time I've said this and it wont be the last. Require every "pro" that benefits from your league to "donate" time teaching league players. You will learn that guys like Wilke, and Hunter, are much more valuable than the other guys.
Funny thing is, those guys will teach the "non teach" guys how to operate. Guys like Hatch have great personalities, and they could make a great living teaching the game they love to very appreciative fans.

Earl is a huge personality, kid delicious, Corey, JJ, Tom wirth. Shaw lives here, and so many other euros. Pay them what their worth to teach the league players that actually care - Fargo rate players.

I volunteer to take over NY, Penn, Maryland, and Ohio. I will also take Michigan since I grew up there.

I will quit my job in Dec and do this from here on out.
Jason

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the recent West Coast swing you had players like Chinakov, Hohmann, a couple of other top European young guns and the Filipinos to wade through. Alex, Dennis, Kiamco, Gomez, Aranas, DeLuna and Alcano! That's about as world class as you can get. Naturally Shane was the only American player (besides T-Rex in One Pocket) to put a dent in their dominance. Not sure Justin would have fared much better. These second tier American tourneys are gravy trains for the Filipinos and guys like Chinakov.

This West Coast tournament had a very strong field, but this big names conceal the fact, that it was just a 16 player tournament with 12 of them inside this fargo top 100 list.
For example the Eurotour event in St. Johann had over 200 players with about 25 players inside the top 100.
I wouldn`t go so far to say, that the US tourneys are easy money, but it is definitely harder to survive in an Eurotour event.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

I left out Jayson Shaw (and Omar Alshaheen) who was there as well. My point is that this was an opportunity for the best American players to play against world class players and not have to travel overseas to do it. Besides Shane, I saw Brandon Shuff, Billy Thorpe, Mitch Ellerman and Corey there. No Oscar, Skylar or Justin B. You want to be the best, you have to play the best!

Last edited: