Instroke vs Instroke Germany

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
So I have a case that says StrokeSports on the side. Does that mean it is one made by the Czech factory?
Yes. After I won the trademark case they changed to stroke sports to sell to the USA. It was technically still a violation but I let it slide never my attorney told me it would cost me another 10k to bring it before the judge.

JT897

Yes. After I won the trademark case they changed to stroke sports to sell to the USA. It was technically still a violation but I let it slide never my attorney told me it would cost me another 10k to bring it before the judge.
Thanks for the quick reply. I have had this case for around 20 years and I always thought it was a Instroke. I can't remember but I thought where I bought it from adverstised it as Instroke. That is why all these years I thought it was a Instroke. Wow, learn something new everyday. Well I do need to get a new 4x8 so I will check out your line. Thanks again.

Do you offer any military discounts on your cases?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thanks for the quick reply. I have had this case for around 20 years and I always thought it was a Instroke. I can't remember but I thought where I bought it from adverstised it as Instroke. That is why all these years I thought it was a Instroke. Wow, learn something new everyday. Well I do need to get a new 4x8 so I will check out your line. Thanks again.

Do you offer any military discounts on your cases?
We offer a 10% discount for military members. Contact us when you are ready to order and we will help you with the discount.

Your case is technically an Instroke case. It is the same case that I created with a different name but which was made without my involvement. Other than the latch and a few other minor things I changed the case is what I would have sold you in 1998. 20 years old might be right because 2003-2004 was right about the time the lawsuit was happening. I would need to dive into my records to find out when I complained to my lawyer about the Stroke Sports logo.

Reactions: bbb

JT897

We offer a 10% discount for military members. Contact us when you are ready to order and we will help you with the discount.

Your case is technically an Instroke case. It is the same case that I created with a different name but which was made without my involvement. Other than the latch and a few other minor things I changed the case is what I would have sold you in 1998. 20 years old might be right because 2003-2004 was right about the time the lawsuit was happening. I would need to dive into my records to find out when I complained to my lawyer about the Stroke Sports logo.
Awesome. I will definitely contact you when I am ready to purchase.

And yeah I was stationed at Cannon AFB 01-04 when i bought the case. I know it wasn't long after I got there that I got the case. I think I bought it from Hawley's billiards out of Dallas. That is where I bought my first Schon.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I would disagree greatly with some of youre statements as to the quality even being close to the german made cases as i found out !!!! Leather was very thin and didnt wear or hold up to everyday use and also the biggest problem was the very, very thin hard plastic tubing they used in the cue holding tubes that broke frequently.... My case went to Jon directly 2 times and each time came back worse or with a different problem everytime...... Now thats great customer service to someone whos becoming a distributor of his products??????? I liked Jon from the start and dont have anything bad to say about him but to say the quality of his Tiawanese cases against the "ORIGINAL" German made cases would be a gross misconception in my eyes......... Hell i have a friend i sold one of his cases to that uses it frequently and pretty much has the case duck taped together so his cues dont fall out ......... In my eyes i would rather pay 400.00 for a geat made case that will last than 100.00 for a case that doesnt last 1 year, in other words you pay for what you get!!!!!!:)
I don't know who you are. But I doubt that your story is correct. If your case was in my hands then it would have been returned in working condition or I would have replaced it.

These one sided stories can really suck. I am definitely guilty of holding onto cases longer than I should but I am not guilty of sending out defective cases when I have them to fix.

About the only issue that has ever come up which resulted in a repaired case coming back was a zipper repair that worked perfectly after I used the pliers to adjust the slider and when the customer got it the zipper stopped working again. Other than that I can't recall any situation where a case sent in for a warranty claim that was granted was returned in the same defective state that it was received in.

However if I am apprised of the details then I could it see it from our side and figure out what the issue, if any, was.

Angus

John Barton I still have my first instroke I think from 95 or so. I know you have moved on but I still do love that case, I have had several but always have held onto that one that is still in great shape.