Interesting Cue on Auction

justinb386

Banned
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I am curious why the seller would not have taker much better, and closer up pictures of every part of the cue? Why would the seller not take really close up pictures of the points, and any other part that might be of interest to a cue collector? By the way, I do not know much at all about cues, but I still think good close up pictures of all parts of a nice cue like that should be important (to a seller that wants to get the most money out of a cue they are auctioning off on ebay, unless the seller might not want potential buyers to see some flaws that the cue might have, like maybe in the points). The pictures just seemed to be really far away to me (other then the 1 picture of the joint on the butt and the shaft). I also think that the seller should offer a refund if the buyer is not satisfied (at least a 24 hour return policy, like the buyer must ship the cue back to the seller within 24 hours if they are not happy with what they receive).

Last edited:

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
323   0   0
I'm not opposed to gambling on a mystery cue.....but, over $1k is a bigger gamble than I could fathom unless I knew something -- I can't even get the EBAY links to work :rolleyes:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
154   0   2
I think it's an early Richard Black.

My issue with that being an OLDER cue...TITLIST COLORED VENEERS were used by WHO???
No one that I can recall,
ALL of the Older cues were made with titlist blanks,

the wrap, mostly dirty except the edges, and the nipple of the shaft looks like the cue Was NEVER put together...:confused::confused:

jonpador

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
For those who where interested

I was the winner of this auction and cue showed up yesterday. Yes I know I'm gambling on this cue but found it very interesting. Anyway it is straight, titlist color veneers but not a titlist, veneers are thinner and cut better then the titlists I have. The bushka ring and ferrule appear to be ivory. Looks to be original cortland irish linen well pressed. Shaft has a very old school style taper fat and almost conical and the wood looks very seasoned with tight straight growth rings. Has a very nice firm hit no wiggle shoots so good I plan on keeping it. I'll be sure to post pics if I do anything with it and follow up if I find anything out.