Interesting deflection difference between Z3 and OB 1+

LeonD123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm the very happy owner of a Pretator cue with a Z3 shaft.

A few days ago, my tip went off. While I'm waiting for a friend to repair it, I borrowed an OB shaft from a friend. I think it is an OB +1.

I really dislike large tips, but it appear that this shaft has almost zero deflection.Quite surprising.

Maybe I should try to buy one of the OB shaft with a 11.75mm tip :rolleyes:

PS: The Z3 had a Kamui medium and the OB a super soft.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A few days ago, my tip went off. While I'm waiting for a friend to repair it, I borrowed an OB shaft from a friend. I think it is an OB +1.

I really dislike large tips, but it appear that this shaft has almost zero deflection.Quite surprising.

Wood ferrule or white ferrule OB?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Wood ferrule or white ferrule OB?

OB 1 and OB 2 both have wood ferrule. Pro and Classic have the white ferrule. Sounds like this would be the wood ferrule, which has less deflection than the white ferrule.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like my Ob Shafts. I keep waffling between my OB 2 and my OB Pro. Both are 11.75. It's odd. I can do a super draw shot with my OB 2. But I can't with my OB Pro. One day I will figure it out. :)

gregoryda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone has different response to shafts. I tried the OB1+ and didn't really like it. I bought the OB Classic+ and absolutely love how it hits. I didn't think the OB1+ had much feel, felt kind of like a dead hit to me. That's why they make different designs, everyone has a different view on things.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone has different response to shafts. I tried the OB1+ and didn't really like it. I bought the OB Classic+ and absolutely love how it hits. I didn't think the OB1+ had much feel, felt kind of like a dead hit to me. That's why they make different designs, everyone has a different view on things.
Same here. To me the wood-ferrule OB's feel kinda soft/dead. The Classic+ squirts a tiny bit more but feels a lot more like solid maple. I didn't like the Pro+'s taper but it does play good.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I like my Ob Shafts. I keep waffling between my OB 2 and my OB Pro. Both are 11.75. It's odd. I can do a super draw shot with my OB 2. But I can't with my OB Pro. One day I will figure it out. :)

Actually, I think you did figure it out. Shoot with the OB-2 :D

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Same here. To me the wood-ferrule OB's feel kinda soft/dead. The Classic+ squirts a tiny bit more but feels a lot more like solid maple. I didn't like the Pro+'s taper but it does play good.

I actually have both. I prefer the wood over the white ferrule. But, on a bar box, it really doesn't matter to me, I only notice the diff on a 9 foot table. I like the quiet hit though, keeps me hitting everything soft, less is more sometimes ;)

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member

Glad to hear that you like our shafts!

If you would like to buy an OB-2+ shaft we would be happy to sell you one :) https://www.obcues.com/categories/OB-Plus-Shafts/OB%2d2-Plus-Shafts/

Also happy to answer any questions you may have about our products.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member