Interesting proposition shot

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
The cueball in on the head spot. The 10 and 11 ball are straight in line on the head string with a tiny gap about the width of a piece of paper between them and the cueball. The shot is to make the one ball without touching the 10 or 11 balls. Hint: The shot is straight ahead with a level cue.

50d82.png

If you know the trick, you can make it easily.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This seems like it's probably not what your talking about but two rail the cb with a tiny bit of english?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Slow stroke the cue ball at 9 o'clock with no back swing, only follow through. The cue ball will glance off the tip of the cue to the right after passing between the 2 balls it sits between and in the direction of the 1 ball making the 1 ball in the corner pocket.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd have to go 2 rails. 1/2 tip right RH.
Likely not the correct way since you say its a snap.

Bossman69

Registered
Play extreme draw and right spin. The cue ball travels 4 rails to make the ball in front of the corner pocket. Fun shot.:cool:

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Play extreme draw and right spin. The cue ball travels 4 rails to make the ball in front of the corner pocket. Fun shot.:cool:

Couldn't do it on my 3C table but pool tables generally run short. You're wanting to put draw proves how short. I came a diamond long going 4 rails.
My way went on the first try.

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
Its a push shot... Most call it an illegal shot...

Correct. I was surprised by the action of the cue ball. It goes straight in every time. For my stroke, I aim straight ahead and offset a tip and a half to the left and push the ball. My theory is that the initial push, pushes the cueball straight ahead enough to clear the other two balls then deflects to the right off the tip. Interesting shot.

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
Slow stroke the cue ball at 9 o'clock with no back swing, only follow through. The cue ball will glance off the tip of the cue to the right after passing between the 2 balls it sits between and in the direction of the 1 ball making the 1 ball in the corner pocket.

I don't think you can get it to work without it being a push. I thought about trying that.

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
Couldn't do it on my 3C table but pool tables generally run short. You're wanting to put draw proves how short. I came a diamond long going 4 rails.
My way went on the first try.

3kushn. Glad to meet another brother. I just learned to play last year from Professor Qball.

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cueball in on the head spot. The 10 and 11 ball are straight in line on the head string with a tiny gap about the width of a piece of paper between them and the cueball. The shot is to make the one ball without touching the 10 or 11 balls. Hint: The shot is straight ahead with a level cue.

If you know the trick, you can make it easily.

I'd knock the one ball in and take your money. Never said I had to use the cueball.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like an easy swerve/gentle massé shot

Yes but the OP says level cue. Have to play by the rules.
His solution works perfect but illegal.. So what, its a proposition shot. There's lots of push solutions to various problems.

Chopstick, Watch out for the Professor, he has many tricks up his sleeve.