For the 4th year in a row Marcus Chamat is organizing a 9-ball tournament in his poolhall.
It's mainly an amateur tournament, with a few pros attending. The format is 9-ball race to 11, with handicaps (games head start) from 0 - 8. Entryfee is 90 $.
Ralf Souquet, Rodney Morris, Raj Hundal, Marcus Chamat and Tony Drago are the invited pros this year, and are also given spots in the 10-ball tournament on Saturday. Maximum 32 players pays 175 $ each for playing a single eliminiation qualification tournament on Saturday, race to 7, for the 3 spots available in this tournament.
The 3 previous years there has been between 100-150 participants in the mainevent, and between 8-16 players in the 10-ball qualifier. This year there is 65-70 players registered in the mainevent by today (3 more days to register) and 28 players in the 10-ball qualifier.
The first year, 2005, Ralf Souquet won both the 9-ball and 10-ball, and he copied this in 2006 aswell. Last year Ralf Souquet lost both finals to Marcus Chamat, so Ralf has good stats in Sweden so far
Some of the previous invited pros has been Earl Strickland, Mika Immonen and Fabio Petroni. Last year Efren Reyes was supposed to join, but had to cancel only few weeks before because he had to do a tv-commercial for San Miguel.
This will be my first time going to this tournament, and I am really looking forward to it!
I have registered for both the main event and the 10-ball qualifier. I hope I can get 3 in hcp in the mainevent, which means I will need 8 games in my matches to win. (The qualifier will be played with no hcp)
Marcus wants to play some one-pocket with me on Thursday, and if there is time for it Ralf Souquet has agreed to give me a 14-1 lesson this evening aswell. (Marcus is up 3-1 in one-pocket from our last battle, so I'll ask for more hcp there too
)
I am leaving for Oslo to check out a new poolhall on Wednesday, and leaving for Sweden on Thursday.
Looks like it will be a great weekend
It's mainly an amateur tournament, with a few pros attending. The format is 9-ball race to 11, with handicaps (games head start) from 0 - 8. Entryfee is 90 $.
Ralf Souquet, Rodney Morris, Raj Hundal, Marcus Chamat and Tony Drago are the invited pros this year, and are also given spots in the 10-ball tournament on Saturday. Maximum 32 players pays 175 $ each for playing a single eliminiation qualification tournament on Saturday, race to 7, for the 3 spots available in this tournament.
The 3 previous years there has been between 100-150 participants in the mainevent, and between 8-16 players in the 10-ball qualifier. This year there is 65-70 players registered in the mainevent by today (3 more days to register) and 28 players in the 10-ball qualifier.
The first year, 2005, Ralf Souquet won both the 9-ball and 10-ball, and he copied this in 2006 aswell. Last year Ralf Souquet lost both finals to Marcus Chamat, so Ralf has good stats in Sweden so far
Some of the previous invited pros has been Earl Strickland, Mika Immonen and Fabio Petroni. Last year Efren Reyes was supposed to join, but had to cancel only few weeks before because he had to do a tv-commercial for San Miguel.
This will be my first time going to this tournament, and I am really looking forward to it!
I have registered for both the main event and the 10-ball qualifier. I hope I can get 3 in hcp in the mainevent, which means I will need 8 games in my matches to win. (The qualifier will be played with no hcp)
Marcus wants to play some one-pocket with me on Thursday, and if there is time for it Ralf Souquet has agreed to give me a 14-1 lesson this evening aswell. (Marcus is up 3-1 in one-pocket from our last battle, so I'll ask for more hcp there too
I am leaving for Oslo to check out a new poolhall on Wednesday, and leaving for Sweden on Thursday.
Looks like it will be a great weekend