IPT and HOF

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I certainly hope they do. Of course that's predicated on the IPT still being around 2 years from now! I have my fingers crossed!

SlimShafty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, it certainly would have just as much validity as the BCA Hall of fame, which is nothing more than trade association now. It is nothing close to what it was intended to be, so why should they have any claim to a rightful Hall of Fame.

So why not have an IPT Hall of Fame? I bet Kevin would even consider building a nice location to house memorabilia and such. How about the first IPT pool room to house the IPT Hall of Fame:) It could be amazing, and make a profit to boot!

All current HOF's should be instantly inducted without vote:) all other players would need to meet qualification to placed on a ballot. IPT HOF's and IPT members could vote, as could the general public, giving more weight to the HOF's & players votes.

Anyway I sure hope the IPT is successful and makes the BCA an afterthought, even the Olympics turned them down when they didn't have one single player on the board:D ..lol Nothing but a bunch of pool insiders on the board and they call themselves the governing body of pool, yeah right. so sad.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
SlimShafty said:
Well, it certainly would have just as much validity as the BCA Hall of fame, which is nothing more than trade association now. It is nothing close to what it was intended to be, so why should they have any claim to a rightful Hall of Fame.

Because the BCA started the HOF!

So why not have an IPT Hall of Fame? I bet Kevin would even consider building a nice location to house memorabilia and such. How about the first IPT pool room to house the IPT Hall of Fame:) It could be amazing, and make a profit to boot!

All current HOF's should be instantly inducted without vote:) all other players would need to meet qualification to placed on a ballot. IPT HOF's and IPT members could vote, as could the general public, giving more weight to the HOF's & players votes.

Anyway I sure hope the IPT is successful and makes the BCA an afterthought, even the Olympics turned them down when they didn't have one single player on the board:D ..lol

Not true. Both the WPBA and the Other thing were represented.

Nothing but a bunch of pool insiders on the board and they call themselves the governing body of pool, yeah right. so sad.

So bitter, so sad......Randy Goettlicher

jjinfla

Banned
Not being in the HOF has cost Earl $24,000 this month.

That is enough to make anyone bitter.

And who knows where he would have finished had he come in on day three like Efren.

Jacob

Last edited:

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
What and when?

If they do their own HOF:

1) Should it be based on IPT performance only?
2) Based on IPT and other past performances?

When do you think they should start it?
3) After 2 years of IPT?
4) After 5 years of IPT?
5) After 7 years?
6) After 10 years?

Also, Do you think they should have a Player of the Year Award
each year?
And a Rookie of the Year Award?
And a special Female Player of the Year Award?

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:
If they do their own HOF:

1) Should it be based on IPT performance only?
2) Based on IPT and other past performances?

When do you think they should start it?
3) After 2 years of IPT?
4) After 5 years of IPT?
5) After 7 years?
6) After 10 years?

Also, Do you think they should have a Player of the Year Award
each year?
And a Rookie of the Year Award?
And a special Female Player of the Year Award?

1. No, if they are going to make the stand that they don't need sanctioning, then they should recognize all tournaments, performances, and so forth.

2. Absolutely

3. I think they should start it right now on past performances and then work people in after 2 years. Make some kind of thing like the LPGA does where they have to win so many tourneys to auto qualify, been a cue maker for so many years, done so many charity events, and whatever other things they decide on. Just make things fairly specific. Now if they want a legend inductee that doesn't fit one of those categories, then vote them in. Just rough thoughts.

A Billiards and Pool HOF, shouldn't have inductees every year...just when it becomes apparent that some should be put in it or they qualified to be put in.