Is Darren Appleton the best All-around player ?

LeftyIke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren has won Tournaments in almost every category! Is it fair to say that he may be the most well-rounded,and dangerous Player overall,in the majority of Games? He has won a variety of Killer-Fields,all over the World!

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
depends on the month and who's hot. it could be darren, dennis, shane, or alex...

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He won WPA World 10 ball championiship, with the 1st prize being $100.000.
He won WPA World 9 ball championship.
He won World Chinese 8 ball championship with the 1st prize being close to $100.000.
He won the last World 14.1 tournament.
He won US Opens.
He won several euro titles, world pool masters, several Mosconi Cups.

In my book he is the best all arround player.

Last edited:

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He won WPA World 10 ball championiship, with the 1st prize being $100.000.
He won WPA World 9 ball championship.
He won World Chinese 8 ball championship with the 1st prize being close to $100.000.
He won the last World 14.1 tournament.
He won US Opens.
He won several euro titles, world pool masters, several Mosconi Cups.

In my book he is the best all arround player.

Gazillions of English 8 ball titles too. He's reached the top in three completely distinct disciplines:

American Pool
English 8 ball
Chinese 8 ball

And on top of that, if you break down AP further into the disciplines:

9 ball
10 ball
straight pool

blah blah

he's topped most of them too.

Yeah, I'd have him play a frame for my life at many cue sports - all day long..

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could be

I would not bet against him, no matter who he is playing. Well maybe a winner breaks 10 Ball race to 100 on a 10" Diamond against Shane.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
He's great player but I'd have too say no. I think Alex P is the best that's just my 2 cents lol :thumbup:

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gazillions of English 8 ball titles too. He's reached the top in three completely distinct disciplines:

American Pool
English 8 ball
Chinese 8 ball

And on top of that, if you break down AP further into the disciplines:

9 ball
10 ball
straight pool

blah blah

he's topped most of them too.

Yeah, I'd have him play a frame for my life at many cue sports - all day long..

by youz calculations, then Earl is the best. By youz calculations Efren is the best, Shane won US Open how many times in a row. Listen Darren is good maybe even great but let's not start running off with the best in the world title again just cause some has a run. Some people are just too quick to hand out the title "just cause", if it's not Darren one time it's shane, when it's not Shane it Yo or one of those guys.

I always expect to see one of these threads when someone wins something big or shows out in a tourney.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you take into account Chinese 8 ball yet exclude snooker, I'll say yes, just up above Alex and Mark Selby

exclude chinese 8 ball and snooker and he's right up here with alex p shane and dennis

include snooker and you're left with alex and mark selby

having said that the current crop of snooker elite are essentially being dragged into the game by stephen hendry so watch out

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you take into account Chinese 8 ball yet exclude snooker, I'll say yes, just up above Alex and Mark Selby

exclude chinese 8 ball and snooker and he's right up here with alex p shane and dennis

include snooker and you're left with alex and mark selby

having said that the current crop of snooker elite are essentially being dragged into the game by stephen hendry so watch out

When has Mark Selby performed well in any US Pool disciplines? Snooker obviously, E8B, C8B, but nothing else...

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
by youz calculations, then Earl is the best. By youz calculations Efren is the best, Shane won US Open how many times in a row.

I am not aware of Efren, Shane or Earl having any form at any other cue sport discipline apart from AP ever - which was my point.

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not aware of Efren, Shane or Earl having any form at any other cue sport discipline apart from AP ever - which was my point.

You are counting AP as one discipline? Sounds like you are trolling the yanks to me ;)

8 Ball
9 Ball
10 Ball
14/1
One Pocket
Banks

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Darren has won Tournaments in almost every category! Is it fair to say that he may be the most well-rounded,and dangerous Player overall,in the majority of Games? He has won a variety of Killer-Fields,all over the World!

Not by a long shot.

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are counting AP as one discipline? Sounds like you are trolling the yanks to me ;)

8 Ball
9 Ball
10 Ball
14/1
One Pocket
Banks

It is one discipline - to us.

E8B is completely different with different equipment, as is C8B.

A8B is "largely" the same discipline, but if you break it down (as you have.. thank you) he has won top class titles in several of those too...