Is Efren to pool what Ronnie is to snooker?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hell pool is such an easy game so called GOAT's are a dime a dozen and easy to make a pitch for many of them. In 9 ball for example. A great breaker and player no better than a great breaker and good player. IMO.
if its so easy
how good do you play for curiosity sake..?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren is more humble but who matches Ronnie ?

Ronnie is a genius.

Efren is a magician.

Both are mesmerizing to watch and possibly the only two players you’ll actually rewind to watch how they did what you just witnessed

K.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in short, both players exhibit an understanding of the game that even fellow pros can't relate to
everybody is special, but ronnie and efren are *really* special..we are lucky to be here to witness their talent in real time.

Geosnookery

O'Sullivan has more natural talent than Reyes or anyone else who has ever picked up a cue. However, if Reyes had picked up a Snooker cue at age 8, I’d pick him over Ronnie. He’s a more stable personality.

Reyes would have fit in well with Snooker culture. A no nonsense focus on the game.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
O'Sullivan has more natural talent than Reyes or anyone else who has ever picked up a cue. However, if Reyes had picked up a Snooker cue at age 8, I’d pick him over Ronnie. He’s a more stable personality.

Reyes would have fit in well with Snooker culture. A no nonsense focus on the game.
I don't think Ronnie has any more natural talent than Efren, not even 1%.
Neither do you according to your post ^^.
If Efren was on Snooker since age 8, and you would pick Efren, the you believe Efren has more natural talent, as do I.
People from across the pond, don't inherently have straighter strokes than pool players, but they do have straighter more pure strokes because their game demands it.
Look at the fundamentals drilled into Ronnie's game since a child, and realize the gifts that were GIVIN to him.
Now look at Efren, he had NOTHING, and turned it into something unbelievable.
Look at it realistically and tell me who achieved more.
Efren looks down on the entire world when we're talking "Natural Talent", it's not even close.
Efren came out of the dirt, Ronnie came off a assembly line in a factory.

Geosnookery

If Efren was on Snooker since age 8, and you would pick Efren, the you believe Efren has more natural talent, as do I.
People from across the pond, don't inherently have straighter strokes than pool players, but they do have straighter more pure strokes because their game demands it.
Look at the fundamentals drilled into Ronnie's game since a child, and realize the gifts that were GIVIN to him.
Efren looks down on the entire world when we're talking "Natural Talent", it's not even close.
Ronnie was still a minor when his father was in prison for murder and his mother in prison for illegally running a brothel. I might not be in touch with all aspects of society but hardly an ‘assembly line’ youth.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Wrong on all accounts, I don't know where to begin even. What a bunch of word-salad that you put together in there lol.

chenjy9

My honest opinion is that this thread is an insult to both greats. They are both legendary shooters who have wowed the audience of their respective games for a really, really long time. Why give a damn of whose better? Enjoy them both while we still have them.

lucasi1

Registered
Like many others, I agree they are the best ever in their respective venues. Snooker is basically one game with both offense and defense mixed together. ROS is the GOAT on these tables. The other cues games, from rotation, banks, one pocket, you-name-it have various nuances within themselves. If he so desired, I think Efren could master any particular game he wanted, and be the GOAT in that arena. I also believe to reach that level of expertise, you have to be totally in tune with the equipment. However, in each sport, the equipment reacts a little different. Size, weight, and cues all cause different results between snooker and pool. I believe that is why it so hard for any one professional to have success crossing over the sports. ( I think Allison Fisher has done the best ) I'm not saying they can't play the game, but it's these little nuances that prevent them from mastering both pool and snooker.

As stated earlier, Efren is a Magician (with a capital M) and Ronnie is a Genius with Talent.

I will add, Ronnie is the only player I can think of, that with the game on the line... and a crucial, difficult shot at stake... he thinks nothing of shooting left handed. With no hesitation on a 12' table.... That speaks for itself.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My honest opinion is that this thread is an insult to both greats. They are both legendary shooters who have wowed the audience of their respective games for a really, really long time. Why give a damn of whose better? Enjoy them both while we still have them.
As the the OP I meant no disrespect towards either player.

I am insulted by your improper use of whose , when you clearly meant "who is".
Screenshot_20210619-071545_Google.jpg