Is Hennessey considered top ( ) gambling?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw was young then, let's see him or Hennessey take on some of the elite now. Let's see if he really has $$$gamble!$$$ I don't think they will play them for big bucks.
Although i think he's a total asshat Hennessee has always been a top $$ getter. At Tunica in '12 he was probably the biggest winner after hours. Beat Keith Bennett out of about 50K. KB's stakehorse was a N.Carolina shipbuilder that would bet with both hands. JH is getting a few yrs on him but he can still dab it pretty good.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one time he traveled he got stood up over pocketgate.
No clue what you're referring to. He's been traveling/gambling since he was a kid. He's not the only good cash player who preferred not to stray far. The great Luther Lassiter would go to tournaments but he almost always gambled in ElizabethCity area. Pool lore is full of great players who stayed close to one town/area.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No clue what you're referring to. He's been traveling/gambling since he was a kid. He's not the only good cash player who preferred not to stray far. The great Luther Lassiter would go to tournaments but he almost always gambled in ElizabethCity area. Pool lore is full of great players who stayed close to one town/area.
Went to Maine for Shaw vs Bergman 2.0 and Shaw stood him up over 4.25 inch corner pockets.

Just prior to that....
I did all I could and more to get him up to play Shaw at my place, followed by Turning Stone. Literally cover everything.
He would not budge.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane gave him I think it was the 7, or maybe even the 7-out, in 10 ball about 10 years ago at the DCC. I saw it with my own eyes. Shane won 2 or 3 sets. The sets were something like race to 17 or 21 for maybe 5-10k each. That "should" also mean they probably played a few times before at a smaller handicap.

Those 3 Europeans I highly doubt it. I think Hennessy has been laying low for years. His name just started popping back up. Those 3 guys came on the scene when Henn wasn't that active, IMO.
I have heard of SVB giving other "pros" incredibly huge spots. Didn't he give Cory Duel the 6?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have heard of SVB giving other "pros" incredibly huge spots. Didn't he give Cory Duel the 6?
Yes
And destroyed him

His break and run percentage then he could spot gorilla. Hard for players to win from their chairs.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane gave him I think it was the 7, or maybe even the 7-out, in 10 ball about 10 years ago at the DCC. I saw it with my own eyes. Shane won 2 or 3 sets. The sets were something like race to 17 or 21 for maybe 5-10k each. That "should" also mean they probably played a few times before at a smaller handicap.

Those 3 Europeans I highly doubt it. I think Hennessy has been laying low for years. His name just started popping back up. Those 3 guys came on the scene when Henn wasn't that active, IMO.
I remember this match too. I didn't watch it live but I found the video somewhere at one point. The spot was big. I think it was the last 3 and wild 7 or something like that. Hennessey started crying about the rack halfway through and got SVB all pissed off. It didn't go so well from there for Hennessey.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember this match too. I didn't watch it live but I found the video somewhere at one point. The spot was big. I think it was the last 3 and wild 7 or something like that. Hennessey started crying about the rack halfway through and got SVB all pissed off. It didn't go so well from there for Hennessey.
Yeah, that was the one.

PoolIsScience

Hennesse from Tennessee would be okay if A) they put him on a shot clock...slow play that he does is just ridiculous. B) didn't sh*t talk literally anyone and then when confronted runs from games. I know of 2 he did this with and still won't play them.

Watched him play Gomez in a tournament. He drug the tournament with slow play, Gomez was undefeated and waiting. Let Hennesse get up 3 games, then Gomez flipped it on and ran out 8 racks to win.

Should of been a life lesson, but insists on slow play, playing super late to tire people out. Some of us don't use 'performance enhancers' to play pool. Just saying.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hennesse from Tennessee would be okay if A) they put him on a shot clock...slow play that he does is just ridiculous. B) didn't sh*t talk literally anyone and then when confronted runs from games. I know of 2 he did this with and still won't play them.

Watched him play Gomez in a tournament. He drug the tournament with slow play, Gomez was undefeated and waiting. Let Hennesse get up 3 games, then Gomez flipped it on and ran out 8 racks to win.

Should of been a life lesson, but insists on slow play, playing super late to tire people out. Some of us don't use 'performance enhancers' to play pool. Just saying.
I don't think his slow play is a tactic. I think he just refuses to shoot unless he's totally comfortable. So if he is the slightest bit nervous or uneasy he'll just wait 5 minutes until he relaxes. It's very boring to watch but I'm sure this is how he manages to play his best.

I bet he would get crucified with a 30 second shot clock.

Last edited:

Buddy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• 341755109_1428788394562427_2586441313860565614_n.jpg
    341755109_1428788394562427_2586441313860565614_n.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 239

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't look like he enjoyed playing Corey even up
That was a valley bar table event. The game we were referring to was 10 ball on a 9 foot diamond. Shane's break was a big factor.

Of course any pro can beat any pro on any given day. My comment was more about ball spots and that particular match.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There was a match where Shane beat Corey with a spot on some side table in a tournament (I think the 7), and after he won you can hear Corey say "I guess I needed the 6" or something like that LOL

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I remember correctly it was after Corey won a tournament SVB offered the 6 and 7 Corey said he would bet his whole Ist place money on the set. Corey lost.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... As far as tournament play goes its beyond brutal with no clock.
And he just exhibited that again, winning the 9-Ball event at the Scotty Townsend Memorial, finishing his second-set win over Chohan at about 1 minute before 4 am local time.

[But I don't think he was the only cause of the late hour.]

Edit: I just looked back at this, about 9 hours after posting it. The time on the post (4:53 AM where I am) is probably about 8 or 9 minutes before I posted it. Strange.

Last edited: