Is it possible to modify my Schuler to accept a screw in butt extension?

bctf1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am playing with an original Schuler that is 30 - 35 years old. I would like to be able to use an extension with this cue. The only extension design that I am willing to consider is the Hager slip on design (which is no longer available) or a screw in type for the butt (which my cue is not designed to accept). Schuler offers a 10" shaft extension but I would prefer something longer (16" - 20").

Is it possible to modify my Schuler to accept a screw in extension for the butt without changing the hit characteristics of the cue when the extension is not attached? If so, what would be involved to modify the cue?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess you would have to find a female thread that wouldd not change balance point. Sounds like more trouble than it is worth, especially when you consider you will be doing modification to the Schuler...

And you can go with a slip-on that will get you 95% of the same effect with extension on, and 100% with it off.

bctf1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Black-Balled for your reply. I would be glad to go with a slip-on extension. The hager appears to be the only one that will not scratch but they are no longer available and I am having a hard time locating one for sale.