Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryf

No I ran over him like a freight train the last time I played him in a race to 400 points (TAR) on a tight Professional Diamond table $400 - 255 he ended up tarred and feathered. It was live streamed and unedited footage (the best kind) :pThey are still trying to mop him off the floor from his last battle in 14.1 against me little gerry meander. He saw nothing but the dust from my heels. I can tell u like fictional stories though - u should go see his smokey mirrored theater promo - ur a good fake news candidate i think. I noticed u never answered my question if u thought higgins would show u a chopped video - common tactic to not answer pertinent questions amongst' the fake news crowd - u are apart of the fake news 'cattle list'. You didn't get too far in life - little gerry meanderer.
I thought it was clear that 'snooker evenings' are live exhibition events.

i looked up the TAR event. You beat John Schmidt in Straight Pool but lost to him in One Pocket and 10-ball. But more importantly, that was 13 years ago.

Have you played him since then?

Looking back, since that TAR match Schmidt has won World and U.S. 14.1 championships, has a number of recorded 400+ runs, and now he's set the 626 record. It sounds like he's a much stronger player now.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
No I ran over him like a freight train the last time I played him in a race to 400 points (TAR) on a tight Professional Diamond table $400 - 255 he ended up tarred and feathered. It was live streamed and unedited footage (the best kind) :pThey are still trying to mop him off the floor from his last battle in 14.1 against me little gerry meander. He saw nothing but the dust from my heels. I can tell u like fictional stories though - u should go see his smokey mirrored theater promo - ur a good fake news candidate i think. I noticed u never answered my question if u thought higgins would show u a chopped video - common tactic to not answer pertinent questions amongst' the fake news crowd - u are apart of the fake news 'cattle list'. You didn't get too far in life - little gerry meanderer.
Now who can't stick to the question at hand? Nobody asked about that, he asked about a video showing, not whateverthefuk that rambling was all about.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now who can't stick to the question at hand? Nobody asked about that, he asked about a video showing, not whateverthefuk that rambling was all about.

I don't think it's too hard to connect the dots here.

He's clearly saying: why would I bother, I beat the guy like a drum the last time we played. Besides, 20-50 people in a room is unsafe right about now and I don't care what the venue is. AND it is said he's doing a TED Talk type presentation which means he's not showing the whole video but rather highlights and telling stories. Why on Earth would he go? Why would anyone go?! What's so tough to figure out about that?

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... is there anyone that knows for a fact that a video of the run unedited exists? ...

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... i looked up the TAR event. You beat John Schmidt in Straight Pool but lost to him in One Pocket and 10-ball. But more importantly, that was 13 years ago.

Have you played him since then? ...
They actually played TAR "Action All-Around" matches twice.

2007 in Louisville, KY -- Schmidt won the 14.1 400-323, but then Harriman won both the 10-Ball (30-28) and the 1-Pocket (10-9) to win the match.​
2008 in Kansas City, MO -- Harriman won the 14.1 400-255, but then Schmidt won both the 1-Pocket (10-9) and the 10-Ball (30-18) to win the match.​

So if we look at the totals for those two matches we have:
14.1 -- 723-655 Harriman​
10-Ball -- 58-48 Schmidt​
1-Pocket -- 19-19 tie​
In their other head-to-head 14.1 matches, Harriman says he has won more times than Schmidt.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member

2007 in Louisville, KY -- Schmidt won the 14.1 400-323, but then Harriman won both the 10-Ball (30-28) and the 1-Pocket (10-9) to win the match.​
2008 in Kansas City, MO -- Harriman won the 14.1 400-255, but then Schmidt won both the 1-Pocket (10-9) and the 10-Ball (30-18) to win the match.​

1-Pocket -- 19-19 tie​
In their other head-to-head 14.1 matches, Harriman says he has won more times than Schmidt.
Someone should sponsor Harriman with conditions similar to John's and let him try to break the new 626 high-run record. Something tells me that he couldn't do it. But I admit, if he somehow was able to pull it off, it would make for some fun forum threads! LOL

gerryf

1-Pocket -- 19-19 tie​

Looking at tournament results, it looks like they were about equal in 2003 or so, then John Schmidt outperformed Danny Harriman for most of the 2000's and 2010s. Maybe Danny Harriman just played less.

Too bad we don't have something for pool like what Cuetracker.net does for snooker. CueTracker has the results for all professional tournaments since 1908 with a database of over 20,000 players.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think it's too hard to connect the dots here.

He's clearly saying: why would I bother, I beat the guy like a drum the last time we played. Besides, 20-50 people in a room is unsafe right about now and I don't care what the venue is. AND it is said he's doing a TED Talk type presentation which means he's not showing the whole video but rather highlights and telling stories. Why on Earth would he go? Why would anyone go?! What's so tough to figure out about that?

Lou Figueroa
I think I would enjoy going to something like this. And that’s not even taking the run into consideration . I would assume the audience will be closer to my age and older with years of pool experience and stories of years and years of straight pool. I’ve missed that ever since Ray moved to Raleigh. Only diehard pool fans are going to sit through something like this. People like you and me. It’s just one night and fifty bucks- If I could hear stories from from guys like you and Bob Jewett and the like, have a few cocktails and maybe even play a few racks all the while watching some straight pool I’d consider that a good night. You wouldn’t want to kill a night doing that Lou? You must be a lot busier than me. Or the stuff your wife makes you go to is better than what I have to suffer through.

I was watching some straight pool on the plane last week and I have to admit I thought I saw a foul. I wasn’t sure- but something just didn’t look right. But there was a guy standing right there and he didn’t say anything so I assume it was a good hit. But it made me wonder. So who knows about all of this.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I would enjoy going to something like this. And that’s not even taking the run into consideration . I would assume the audience will be closer to my age and older with years of pool experience and stories of years and years of straight pool. I’ve missed that ever since Ray moved to Raleigh. Only diehard pool fans are going to sit through something like this. People like you and me. It’s just one night and fifty bucks- If I could hear stories from from guys like you and Bob Jewett and the like, have a few cocktails and maybe even play a few racks all the while watching some straight pool I’d consider that a good night. You wouldn’t want to kill a night doing that Lou? You must be a lot busier than me. Or the stuff your wife makes you go to is better than what I have to suffer through.

I was watching some straight pool on the plane last week and I have to admit I thought I saw a foul. I wasn’t sure- but something just didn’t look right. But there was a guy standing right there and he didn’t say anything so I assume it was a good hit. But it made me wonder. So who knows about all of this.

I might go to something like this but not now without a vaccine.

I understand the desire/need to spread the gospel and make money and all but this is a really bad time to do it, IMO.

As to things like double hits and fouls -- that's why showing video of a run at 2x is no good. It makes you wonder, hypothetically, if a player is on, say 500, and he subtly double-hits the CB: does he stop and call it on himself? Maybe. Maybe not.

Lou Figueroa

Cuedup

Has someone stated that the run was shown at 2x speed or is that speculation?

From what I read, the parts that were sped up were the time spent racking , planning shots, going to the bathroom and stuff like that, which seems perfectly reasonable.

Reactions: KRJ

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I ran 351 in 14.1 listening to the same song - on repeat (almost two hrs.) It was an honest song Lou, I'm not feelin to good myself about how social media manufactures it's news. People are waking up to fake news and media manipulation on public - they have to now. They should have left Mosconi's record alone - unless they had proof. I am not hear to insult anyone, only to see proof of this claim that was made almost two years ago - still no evidence though - theft of intellectual property - that should be illegal - unless they can provide unedited proof - it would seem they cannot.
Just a reminder...you did post this, Danny. People won't take you seriously until you live up to this statement, that you made. Otherwise, you become no more than a troll, yourself. That would be a shame. Our champions should be able to be viewed in a better light.

Reactions: KRJ

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might go to something like this but not now without a vaccine.

I understand the desire/need to spread the gospel and make money and all but this is a really bad time to do it, IMO.

As to things like double hits and fouls -- that's why showing video of a run at 2x is no good. It makes you wonder, hypothetically, if a player is on, say 500, and he subtly double-hits the CB: does he stop and call it on himself? Maybe. Maybe not.

Lou Figueroa
Totally agree about the Covid implications. It’s a father’s duty to protect his family. I don’t know anyone who has gotten the flu and died, but I have lost a friend who wasn’t healthy and got Covid and died and I’ve had friends lose family members the same way. So better safe than sorry for me. I assume running it 2x is just a time issue and in that setting I wouldn’t want to sit for four to five hours. Especially if my wife isn’t there to tell me to slow down on the rum. 😊 It would be nice to have a copy so I can hit pause and all that but I can’t fault a man for how he tries to make a living as long as he doesn’t affect my interests. I’m sure he’s enjoying being the Bell of the Ball and hosting these events so everyone can stroke his ego. Ive been lucky to hang out in an “old school” pool room and hear stories from the owner who traveled on the road for years, Ray Martin and some world beaters that have come through. I enjoy the hell out of that, and I would think there might be some of that at the showing. But like you I would probably want to wait until I’m vaccinated. Partly because my wife would make me but mostly because she’s right.

I just had the rug changed and new rails put on my shitty little garage table so it’s playing jam up. The main reason I did it was to see if I can learn some straight pool. The first goal was to run 50 which I did, but there’s no video so I’m not even sure it really happened. Missed a ball straight freaking in and it was frustrating as hell. I got mad just typing that. Next goal is 75. Won’t video that one either if it ever happens. And if you promise to play like that big money match I would even like to chalk it up against you one day. But we both know you had a gear left that day.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Any one who promotes fake news about Straight Pool - should take me very seriously. I am not that interested in yer opinion either, although u do seem to have more tact than most, u do not understand.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I thought it was clear that 'snooker evenings' are live exhibition events.

i looked up the TAR event. You beat John Schmidt in Straight Pool but lost to him in One Pocket and 10-ball. But more importantly, that was 13 years ago.

Have you played him since then?

Looking back, since that TAR match Schmidt has won World and U.S. 14.1 championships, has a number of recorded 400+ runs, and now he's set the 626 record. It sounds like he's a much stronger player now.
Yes I have played him since then - in charlie's dragon promo last 'world event' he lost then as well - only a few years ago, it was AGAIN not an 'easy street' for him to navigate. I usually don't relish much over 1 or two small wins, I must say though with fake bca paper champ schmidt (twice is nice) Do u feel the need to comment on why after two years there is no 626 tape for sale to the public - gerrymandering?

Last edited:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any one who promotes fake news about Straight Pool - should take me very seriously. I am not that interested in yer opinion either, although u do seem to have more tact than most, u do not understand.
I’m a 52 ball runner. And that was earlier this week. So I expect to be taken serious by all you clowns.

gerryf

Do u feel the need to comment on why after two years there is no 626 tape for sale to the public - gerrymandering?
No, I'm not bothered by him not selling his video directly. I don't think he'd get much return on his investment. It would be on Youtube in whole or in part in very short order.

I think the way he's showing his video is probably the most effective way to get some money from it. As I said before, I'd be happy to pay $50 or more for an evening event, watching the video, and listening to his commentary. (Once Covid is gone, that is.) Other straight pool players have said the same thing.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
No, I'm not bothered by him not selling his video directly. I don't think he'd get much return on his investment. It would be on Youtube in whole or in part in very short order.

I think the way he's showing his video is probably the most effective way to get some money from it. As I said before, I'd be happy to pay $50 or more for an evening event, watching the video, and listening to his commentary. (Once Covid is gone, that is.) Other straight pool players have said the same thing.
Well u can go burn ur eyes in their private theater hocus pokus show - if u look around and do not see any sucker's - congrats yer it. I really don't think any top shelf 14.1 players will be attending their hollywood ficitional production theater show. jmho When they start showing the run in double speed - u may think of the twilight zone - what a maroon u are. As far as u tube, place a teaser video - and then provide a link to where the video can be purchased = standard modern day marketing. There are ways of stopping anyone from posting the full run on youtube, I was selling my run through youtube - I asked them to take it down - and so they did. So that excuse does not work either. Having an Excuse - to not provide any verifiable evidence to public - a sport enjoyed by Cowards - especially the natural born Loser Coward. U are not being truthful - to call a claim 'a record' but your mediocrity has been noticed.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Well u can go burn ur eyes in their private theater hocus pokus show - if u look around and do not see any sucker's - congrats yer it. I really don't think any top shelf 14.1 players will be attending their hollywood ficitional production theater show. jmho When they start showing the run in double speed - u may think of the twilight zone - what a maroon u are. As far as u tube, place a teaser video - and then provide a link to where the video can be purchased = standard modern day marketing. There are ways of stopping anyone from posting the full run on youtube, I was selling my run through youtube - I asked them to take it down - and so they did. So that excuse does not work either. Having an Excuse - to not provide any verifiable evidence to public - a sport enjoyed by Cowards - especially the natural born Loser Coward.
Pretty sure that I read where Mark Wilson and Nick Varner are supposed to be at the upcoming showing in Illinois...

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I

since ur a 52 ball runner and js is an average 31 ball runner over 1100 attempts, why don’t y’all just play each other. Should be close enough to guarantee that one of the two of u might learn something that will help you increase your actual runs.
🤡 🤡 🤡, they’re everywhere, they’re everywhere, just like 🎅
He’s watching y’all
I don’t know if I want to kick that bear just yet. I have seen some unedited runs of his unlike you and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.