Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eyes have never seen those dotted i’s nor witnessed those crossed T’s.
Surely they would have been seen, somewhere in the last two years.

Ever tried to push a rope?
Didn’t have much luck with pushing it did you?
Kind of like pushing this negative argument onto knowledgeable pocket pool players.
It’s not happening, is it?

Dan Harriman is not the subject of this thread.
It doesn’t matter what any of you say about Dan Harriman here.

Plenty of eyes have seen those dotted i's and crossed t's, you simply choose not to believe them.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Justnumbskull-

Take 2 minutes and look into how Guinness operates today. It isn't even remotely what you think it is and you are talking nonsense.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
xradarx said:
Eyes have never seen those dotted i’s nor witnessed those crossed T’s.
Surely they would have been seen, somewhere in the last two years.

Ever tried to push a rope?
Didn’t have much luck with pushing it did you?
Kind of like pushing this negative argument onto knowledgeable pocket pool players.
It’s not happening, is it?

Dan Harriman is not the subject of this thread.
It doesn’t matter what any of you say about Dan Harriman here.

lol

You're referring to yourself in the third person now? Mick finds that funny. Everyone knows you're posting under two accounts. Look into mental help.

Memorabilia from the run that never happened:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Justnumbskull-

Take 2 minutes and look into how Guinness operates today. It isn't even remotely what you think it is and you are talking nonsense.
965A4681-528B-4072-9D0B-01C61F35D4BE.png

Guinness is being seen by people.

gerryf

Justnum:

Guinness doesn't list anything for Willie Mosconi, so they're obviously not the 'global authority on record breaking achievements'. No mention of Shane van Boening either.

You seem to wish they were the global authority, but they're not. They have a niche they've tried to commercialize, and it doesn't include many sports records. I think you know this already.

Are you alleging that Schmidt, Predator, the BCA, etc., etc., have committed a fraud?

Last edited:

gerryf

Guinness didn’t exist in 1954.
BCA was an entirely different business in 1954. It was made up of billiards associated personalities.
BCA today, not a single billiards associated personality in its organization.
Danny, wrong again!

From Guinness: "In 1954, recalling his shooting party argument, Sir Hugh had the idea for a Guinness promotion based on the idea of settling pub arguments and invited the twins Norris (1925—2004) and Ross McWhirter (1925—75) who were fact-finding researchers from Fleet Street to compile a book of facts and figures."

Guinness does have some billiards records from Willie Hoppe, before and after 1954. And they do have Walter Lindrum from 1941.

Maybe they didn't think Willie Mosconi measured up or something? Maybe there were problems with that affidavit, or it wasn't filmed or something? Maybe they heard a rumor that Willie had fouled on 397 and just kept on playing anyway? Justnum probably knows.

Danny, you can find this stuff out for yourself in less than 30 seconds. I know, you don't think it's as much fun as alleging fraud, even on 'billiards associated' personalities.

On Friday, one of our players suggested we formalize the Danny Harriman Award. We're working on it.
The Danny Harriman "Wrong-before-he-even-started-typing" Award?
The Danny Harriman "I don't need no stinking facts" Award?
The Danny Harriman "Thinking is overrated" Award?

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
View attachment 600919
Guinness is being seen by people.
Look at the details of the process to submit and have a record accepted, not some marketing flyer put out by the Publisher they use. Go to Google, ask it how to submit a record attempt.

Frankly, if JS had submitted for acceptance there it would cheaped the feat in my mind. Guinness is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

justnum

Silver Member
Look at the details of the process to submit and have a record accepted, not some marketing flyer put out by the Publisher they use. Go to Google, ask it how to submit a record attempt.

Frankly, if JS had submitted for acceptance there it would cheaped the feat in my mind. Guinness is a joke.

Florian the Trick shot artists has a Guinness record posted in 2020

Florian is the most watched trick shot artist on youtube. Are you saying Florian doesn't know how to market himself?

The bigger question is would the BCA validation process be acceptable to the Guinness validation process?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Florian the Trick shot artists has a Guinness record posted in 2020

Florian is the most watched trick shot artist on youtube. Are you saying Florian doesn't know how to market himself?

The bigger question is would the BCA validation process be acceptable to the Guinness validation process?
I made no mention of Florian.

You have the attention span of a gnat.

gerryf

Winner of the Danny Harriman "I'm kind of confused as to what I'm arguing for or against, but I'll keep on typing anyway" Award.

Do you know what the BCA validation process is?

justnum

Silver Member
Winner of the Danny Harriman "I'm kind of confused as to what I'm arguing for or against, but I'll keep on typing anyway" Award.

Do you know what the BCA validation process is?

Its rarely used if ever can you describe it.

gerryf

Its rarely used if ever can you describe it.
You've speculated that the BCA validation process isn't acceptable, but you don't know anything about it? Shouldn't you research that, and itemize the problems you see?

How was the validation process for Schmidt's 626 different than for Mosconi's 526? If you believe the process is not acceptable, wouldn't you think that's worth finding out? Or are you just trying to win the Danny Harriman 'I don't like John Schmidt so there must be a conspiracy' award?

You don't seem to have any actual criticisms??

justnum

Silver Member
You've speculated that the BCA validation process isn't acceptable, but you don't know anything about it? Shouldn't you research that, and itemize the problems you see?

How was the validation process for Schmidt's 626 different than for Mosconi's 526? If you believe the process is not acceptable, wouldn't you think that's worth finding out? Or are you just trying to win the Danny Harriman 'I don't like John Schmidt so there must be a conspiracy' award?

You don't seem to have any actual criticisms??
Mosconis high run was not published in the 60 anniversary print of the official BCA rule and record book.

Is that enough of a factual criticism?

Tell me what page and I will let it go. If not Dan is within a reasonable argument.

FE972EC8-F311-4333-941B-38E537B6E1E4.jpeg

gerryf

Mosconis high run was not published in the 60 anniversary print of the official BCA rule and record book.

Is that enough of a factual criticism?

Tell me what page and I will let it go. If not Dan is within a reasonable argument.
I don't think anyone cares if you let it go or not.

Good to know that you think Danny Harriman has a reasonable argument!

Ha! Ha! Danny's argument is that Mosconi had the record, and Schmidt lied about breaking it and with his team in the billiards community is perpetuating a fraud.

Nice to have you on the record, instead of tap-dancing around it.

And i think you will get that coveted Danny Harriman "I'm not sure what I'm arguing for, but I'm sure I'm against it, unless maybe I'm opposed" Award. Congratulations!

Last edited:

gerryf

Nope, and neither do u!
Nor anyone else!
It’s just as non-existent as the unedited videotape!
Danny, did you see that? Justnum says that Mosconi's BCA record doesn't exist! He couldn't find it in the book!

That sure puts a wrinkle in things doesn't it!

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The funny thing about this whole nonsense is that NOBODY questions Mosconi's previous record and all we had as proof there was somebody said it happened. John Schmidt has it on video, what the hell did Willie have? From what I can tell NOTHING! I suppose the world today just sucks so bad that nobody believes anything. If John absolutely positively did it, which I think he did, does anybody care anyway? They've got cornhole on ESPN but it's been at least 10 years since they showed pool. Who is going to lie about something that's irrelevant? Maybe 200 people in the country give a shit about this record. I just looked at the money leader list on the home page. Orcollo has made something like $75,000 this year. Hell if you make the cut in one PGA tour event you make more than that in one week. Much ado about nothing.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Orcollo has made something like $75,000 this year. Hell if you make the cut in one PGA tour event you make more than that in one week. ...
Hey, that's a bit of an exaggeration. In this past week's PGA tour event more than 50 players who made the cut made less than $75,000, down to $14,325 for the smallest payout. At the most lucrative event, the US Open, 39 players who made the cut this year made less than $75,000, down to $25,907 for the smallest payout.

Status
Not open for further replies.