Gold Member
It's causing some disagreement.

f18046c0ab90c0de487a329c0d57a2aa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the rule is if there is some interference with the balls and the pocket, if the interfering ball was removed and the other ball dropped, the ball is considered pocketed. The green stripe is the interfering ball in this case, if you magically remove it, does the 10 fall in the hole? Yes. So it's in.

Have to say that's a neat situation, especially with photo proof. Can't recall seeing this before. I have seen two balls jammed together suspended in the air over the hole, but not just gently resting like this.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a suggestion that I should have rearranged the balls in the pocket before I took the shot to avoid any doubt.

no argument here that the ball is in
but why not avoid doubt in the future by rearranging the balls
anyway, makes it easier to pull 'em out after the game, at least on my home table ^_^

Reactions: bbb

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in a ring game once when someone hit a ball so hard it disappeared off the table for a spilt second and then popped back up in the pocked it was shot in. I don't know how that happened but we gave it to him. If I was the guy that followed him I might have argued a little :)

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's in the pocket. I try and move some balls if my hole is getting pretty full though, I've had one come back out and leave an easy bank to my opponents hole before.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s the same as a golf ball being stuck between the cup opening and flagstick.
If you move the flag, the ball drops in the cup so it’s considered already down.

That pool ball is pocketed. Just push the ball underneath away. Besides, more
than 1/2 the ball overhangs the shelf. The laws of gravity says it drops were it
not for outside interference by a pocketed object ball. This ball is absolutely down.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in a ring game once when someone hit a ball so hard it disappeared off the table for a spilt second and then popped back up in the pocked it was shot in. I don't know how that happened but we gave it to him. If I was the guy that followed him I might have argued a little :)

So in this case, the ball is not considered made, it actually happened not long ago, once on two shots in a row, on the Rasson tables. After that if you noticed the players were making sure to check the pocket before shooting hehe.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So in this case, the ball is not considered made, it actually happened not long ago, once on two shots in a row, on the Rasson tables. After that if you noticed the players were making sure to check the pocket before shooting hehe.
Why is it not made?

loggerhead12

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Why is it not made?

I think he's saying the ball went into the pocket, then popped out of the pocket back onto the table, which is indeed not a pocketed ball. I've done that a couple of times, but there were no balls in the pocket at all when it happened.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
If a ball goes into the pocket then pops back up onto the table it's considered not pocketed. This happened to me once in the finals of the ACUI collegiate nationals.