is this guy a scam

slim123

He has a 100% feedback , however this account has only been present since 2021 and according to his feedback, he has only sold 8 cues. If you look at his other items for sale He has about 20k worth of nothing but high end cues. He is also in japan. I'm thinking maybe his account was hacked , or he is a scam.

Here we go two different sellers with all the same cues

Both sellers are in Japan and have all the exact same high end cues, probably about 20k worth

Maybe one account is real and the other just copied looks awfully suspicious

Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Japanese were completely cue-crazy for a long time and always paid the most.

Ebay holds the funds for something like a month after delivery is confirmed.

Hacked accounts/scams usually have a photo in the listing with payment instructions outside of eBay.

oilheadoug

Registered
I was looking at Richard Black cue sticks on Ebay and found the following Japanese sellers all selling the same Richard Black cue at the same time:

The following sellers were also selling that exact same cue, but the auctions have ended.
Here is a picture of the cue. All but one of the sellers used the exact same pictures. Different prices on each one.

R Black Ebay auction.jpg

After seeing this, I don't look at any Japanese sellers of pool cues.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking at Richard Black cue sticks on Ebay and found the following Japanese sellers all selling the same Richard Black cue at the same time:

The following sellers were also selling that exact same cue, but the auctions have ended.
Here is a picture of the cue. All but one of the sellers used the exact same pictures. Different prices on each one.

View attachment 654294

After seeing this, I don't look at any Japanese sellers of pool cues.
How does one expect to get burned when eBay holds the money until both delivery and satisfaction are confirmed?

They pull the listings every 2-3 days and relist using a rotation of accounts.

Why? I don’t know… Actually I have some ideas.

I was going to buy an old McDaniel but it sold.

New owner posted pics on the McDaniel Cues Facebook page, so, I’d say they got the item.

Last edited:

oilheadoug

Registered
How does one expect to get burned when eBay holds the money until both delivery and satisfaction are confirmed?

They pull the listings every 2-3 days and relist using a rotation of accounts.

Why? I don’t know… Actually I have some ideas.

I was going to buy an old McDaniel but it sold.

New owner posted pics on the McDaniel Cues Facebook page, so, I’d say they got the item.
You make a good point about eBay holding the funds.

I couldn't think of a legitimate reason for multiple sellers to be selling the same "one of a kind" item, so I don't consider those sellers. There may be one, I just can't think of what it would be.

In addition to this, the cue I referred to has ivory inlays and the following information (included in the auction) also dissuaded me from considering this purchase.

International Buyers - Please Note:
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.

If the cancellation is due to the buyer, we will charge a PayPal fee.

tomatoshooter

But the bottle down Cowboy.
That's his first post without a typo.

The multiple listings are brokers, none of the own the cues. The cue owner does not want to sell internationally so the brokers take care of that. I believe that's similar to arbitrage. This guy buys and sells a lot of guitars, he explains how it works:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
That's his first post without a typo.

The multiple listings are brokers, none of the own the cues. The cue owner does not want to sell internationally so the brokers take care of that. I believe that's similar to arbitrage. This guy buys and sells a lot of guitars, he explains how it works:

Typos are not big deal to me. Asshats are that Nitpick & Lie are.

Perfect are you❓ I think not even Jesus our local carpenter use tape measure, not guess work.🥳