ISO: Gold Crown 1 advertisement images

sodly

Registered
Hi. I'm trying to locate some nice, hi-res scans of Brunswick Gold Crown 1 ads and brochures. In particular, I'd like to find some nice images of the various apron and cloth combinations that were available from the factory. Does anyone collect GC1 brochures from that early- to mid-60s era?

For example, does anyone have a better/larger version of this one? This is the only pic I've seen of tangerine aprons with gold cloth (or so it appears). Hard to tell much from such a small image. Thanks!

20110056-2.jpeg

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brunswicks site has a handful of GC images. Here is a link to a few but they are pretty low res.

http://brunswick.pastperfectonline.com/library/412D466A-409C-48EC-B91F-988163986220

I have a couple original copies of the blue table with gold cloth flyer that I had hi-res scanned. If you have a dropbox or somewhere else, I'll upload them for you. front is 13mb, back is 7mb.

here are quick thumbnail shots.

Ian

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 862
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 786
Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know its a good distance from you, but this is an early GC1 with the plastic name plate. I have never seen a plastic name plate in this condition. This probably is an indication of the rest of the table. Don't know what someone would charge to move it, but if you got the table for 1500, you could have that time capsule GC you are looking for cheaper than the one you posted previously.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/spo/d/1960s-brunswick-9-vintage/6521386488.html

Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here are the 2 hi-res scans.

The 2 files are around 19mb. They are PDFs so kinkos should be able to print them as large as you like.

Ian

Last edited:

sodly

Registered
These are great. THANK YOU!

Does anyone have different images? Would still like to see all the various color combinations, if possible.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Gc

I’ve got some golden ones you won’t find anywhere else...
I’ll leave a peek of the image up here for you all to view for a day or two....

Rob.M

Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Rob.M

Rob, why just a sneak peek? I'm sure you have some great stuff to share!! This is great brunswick history.

I have that "blueprint" image also. It came as a photo copy with my table. I am going to use it for wall art also. Do you know the origin on this "blueprint"? Was it in a brochure or something? Also here is a layout for a pool hall.

Attachments

• 20180309_135553.jpg
    20180309_135553.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Rob.M

Rob, why just a sneak peek? I'm sure you have some great stuff to share!! This is great brunswick history.

I have that "blueprint" image also. It came as a photo copy with my table. I am going to use it for wall art also. Do you know the origin on this "blueprint"? Was it in a brochure or something? Also here is a layout for a pool hall.

Oops LOL

Thanks for the blue prints guys!

ROB.M

Silver Member
Brunswick

It’s from a dealer sales catalog.
Sorry, it’s not for sale...

Rob.M

Last edited:

sodly

Registered
Dang it! I missed whatever it was that you gave us a sneak peek of. For some reason this forum won't email me when there's a new reply to my threads.... even though I'm subscribed to the thread. Grrrrrrr.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dang it! I missed whatever it was that you gave us a sneak peek of. For some reason this forum won't email me when there's a new reply to my threads.... even though I'm subscribed to the thread. Grrrrrrr.

Sodly, Its the image I put in the next posting, the image on the right of the black and white blueprints.

Here is it scanned and enlarged to 300%. It a bit fuzzy so I am going to have a graphics friend try to clean it up. I think it will be a great size for wall art.

Ian

Attachments

• 20180312_151916.jpg
    20180312_151916.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 426

ROB.M

Silver Member
Scans

Funny... I sent out photos copies to a member here of these pages from the catalog I have and asked that the images be kept withheld from the web and public... these images was not ANYWHERE on the web, now they pop up here..... thanks fellas.....

Rob.M

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny... I sent out photos copies to a member here of these pages from the catalog I have and asked that the images be kept withheld from the web and public... these images was not ANYWHERE on the web, now they pop up here..... thanks fellas.....

Rob.M

The stuff I got with my original owner table, quotes, brochures, receipts. Whats your reason to not what to share this stuff?

Attachments

• 20180312_221130.jpg
    20180312_221130.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 406
  • 20180312_221125.jpg
    20180312_221125.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 414
  • 20180312_221122.jpg
    20180312_221122.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 410
  • 20180312_221115.jpg
    20180312_221115.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 20180312_223137.jpg
    20180312_223137.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent the low quality blueprint to a graphics friend. He is re-doing the entire sheet so its clear and can be resized with no blur. Here is the sample he did. I think it will look great poster size as wall art.

Attachments

• Capture3.jpg
    Capture3.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

sodly

Registered
Cool stuff! Thanks guys. Keep it coming. For some reason this darn website doesn't notify me where there are replies to my thread (even though I'm subscribed to it). So I don't always see these things in a timely manner. Sorry!

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My buddy finished recreating the whole image, crystal clear and a PDF so it can be scale to any size with no pixilation or blur. I'm pumped, gonna look great at about 3x4 ft on the wall. Here is a screenshot...

Attachments

• blueprint.jpg
    blueprint.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited: