Jacoby Black CF Shaft - customer wants to convert from Radial to Unilock.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Title says it all. Looking at the shaft, it has the typical nylon looking threads. He wants me to drill it out and install a brass uni-lock insert.

Questions : Anyone done this? What is the best way to adhere the new insert to the shaft. It seems a bit strange to consider a brass insert in a CF shaft.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Title says it all. Looking at the shaft, it has the typical nylon looking threads. He wants me to drill it out and install a brass uni-lock insert.

Questions : Anyone done this? What is the best way to adhere the new insert to the shaft. It seems a bit strange to consider a brass insert in a CF shaft.
Did you see this thread??

Any risk converting a radial Predator Vantage to a 5/16 x 14​

Same steps apply!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

I've done Uniloc on CF.
Glue 9/16 phenolic plug.
Install QR brass insert.
Me no like those nylon inserts.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I don't like the 7/16x20 threads on the QR inserts....had too many strip out. Now have a source for ones with 7/16x14 threads....much better.....

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I don't like the 7/16x20 threads on the QR inserts....had too many strip out. Now have a source for ones with 7/16x14 threads....much better.....

I feel the same way, any way for you to point me in the right direction, perhaps by PM?