Jacoby Black - Great shaft

WTD14

Registered
I finally jumped on the carbon fiber shaft bandwagon even though I resisted to try them for years. After looking at many reviews, I settled on the Black and couldn't be happier. Love the solid hit and the long pro taper on it. The smooth finish is great as well. Seems like there's less friction compared to my standard maple shafts that I was using. If you're contemplating getting one, I'd definitely pick one up.

Attachments

• 20210526_203644.jpg
    20210526_203644.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Snapchat-513115166.jpg
    Snapchat-513115166.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 175

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got one also, very nice but I have to admit I am having some trouble going to black versus lighter color wood (OB-1+). Didn't realize how much I was using the shaft for aiming.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got one also, very nice but I have to admit I am having some trouble going to black versus lighter color wood (OB-1+). Didn't realize how much I was using the shaft for aiming.
"once you go black................." ;)

WTD14

Registered

It's funny you say that because I'm having the opposite effect. The darker color is helping my sighting a bit more especially when addressing the cue ball.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am cheap, like, painfully cheap. I'd rather rip my own spleen out than part with $500 for something I don't really need for a game I'm not that good at... but I did. Last spring I got the Jacoby Black 30", fully expecting to be filled with buyer's remorse.

Not even close. I just friggin love it. I don't think it's helped my game in the least, and it shoots IDENTICAL to the Lucasi slim shaft I've used for years, but I don't regret it in the least. Super silky smooth, and the "feel" when striking the ball is super crisp.

I've never hit a ball with another carbon shaft, so maybe they are all like that, but I'm definitely not giving it up for a long long time. Probably not ever.

marinemike0931

Registered
I've been using mine for a couple of years (or close to it). I don't think it's as good as the Z2 or Z3 shafts I'd been using for years prior... But I had no problems adjusting to it. It has it's benefits over those shafts though... It's easier to clean, doesn't warp, and doesn't deny or ding, so it has a smoother stroke. I can play with or without a glove. I found with wood shafts, humidity seems to cause more sticking to your bridge hand without a glove.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been play more with the black and really like it, still think I can see certain shots a little better with the wood shaft but the trade off is very minor