Not open for further replies.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   1
Buy a Justis Case hands down!!!!!!!!

I will put this a simple as i can and expect a comment or few from others concerning my comments and thats ok.I have never ,ever heard of anyone dropping,shaking,smashing their cue case for any reason to determine if their brand of case has damaged their cues from doing any of this or any type of abuse.
next as an american you should always try to support another american and their products.Justis cases do just fine with their protection under any normal situation involved.
Justis cases are terrific in resale and or holding their value compared to all other cases.
Justis cases will make the case exactly how you want and even do exotic cases like alligator,shark,elephant,crocodile,snake skins and others exotic hides as an upcharge when others dont offer any of these upgrades.
most pros play with very expensive cues and trust and use Justis cases to their expensive cues more than any other cases made period.
I personally play with a $10,000 cue and have many other cues over $10,000 and all of them are in Justis cases and im happy and have never,ever had any problems.Justis cases are lifetime warrantied and if you ever have a problem they are in florida not china so they can fix any problems really fast and you can talk to them on the phone.
I have 27 years experience in the billiard retail business and also a top professional player and have learned you get what you pay for.You can get a justis case made starting at around $500-$600 and even choose your colors which is a great value for an american case.I personally have bought over 40 justis cases and have never had a single probem.

Thanks,

Bobby Chamberlain

Last edited:

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
and it begins with the next post............here it comes, get ready......lol

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 99.4%
152   1   1
JB cases

Of my cases past and present, I prefer my JB cases. I have a 2x5/3x4 hard case that I generally use. I also have a 4x8 butterfly case that I trust my nicest cues to. I sold my Whitten case after getting the butterfly case.
I've never owned a Justis so I won't say anything good or bad.
What I don't understand is why buying a Justis makes anyone more patriotic. I won't even say that 20-plus years of military service makes me any more patriotic than the next guy. Who am I to judge?
If you want to know which case will protect your cues, the answer is both. They do have some different features, and what you or I want in a case is a matter of personal preference.
The question is, which case suits your style?
Please let us know what you choose!
Karl

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I will put this a simple as i can and expect a comment or few from others concerning my comments and thats ok.I have never ,ever heard of anyone dropping,shaking,smashing their cue case for any reason to determine if their brand of case has damaged their cues from doing any of this or any type of abuse.
next as an american you should always try to support amother american and their products.Justis cases do just fine with their protection under any normal situation involved.
Justis cases are terrific in resale and or holding their value compared to all other cases.
Justis cases will make the case exactly how you want and even do exotic cases like alligator,shark,elephant,crocodile,snake skins and others exotic hides as an upcharge when others dont offer any of these upgrades.
most pros play with very expensive cues and trust and use Justis cases to their expensive cues more than any other cases made period.
I personally play with a $10,000 cue and have many other cues over $10,000 and all of them are in Justis cases and im happy and have never,ever had any problems.Justis cases are lifetime warrantied and if you ever have a problem they are in florida not china so they can fix any problems really fast and you can talk to them on the phone.
I have 27 years experience in the billiard retail business and also a top professional player and have learned you get what you pay for.You can get a justis case made starting at around $500-$600 and even choose your colors which is a great value for an american case.I personally have bought over 40 justis cases and have never had a single probem.

Thanks,

Bobby Chamberlain

If you have a problem with a JB Case you do not have to send it to China. several customers here will testify that I take care of them at my expense and get their case fixed or replaced. I have several leather workers around the USA who can fix anything that happens to break on my cases.

I do agree with you about the protection in just about any normal situation. For normal handling any case will be sufficient. I build cases for those abnormal times when the extra protection is needed.

In any event as has been mentioned I do sell an upgrade (my opinion) kit for Justis cases which allows the user to have my interior in their Justis case. For some folks this is the best of both worlds as they get the iconic Justis look coupled with the extra protection we provide.

This kit is installed in about 30 minutes with minimal household tools. It's easy to install and easy to put the original interior back in. Jack does void the warranty on his cases for doing this non-intrusive work but that is between the customer and Jack. I merely provide a better interior for those that want it. Anyone interested can search the forum for more information on them. I don't have a page up yet but this reminds me that I need to do one.

Also, we have phones. China even has internet if you can believe it. Anyone who wants to talk to me on the phone can dial a USA phone number and get to me or my wife. I also do Skype and Google Chat so we are easy to get a hold of. About the only medium I am slow on is email but I still get plenty of them from customers each day.

And, (sigh), I suppose I should talk about the comment about supporting Americans.

What is it about the original poster's inquiry leads you to believe that he/she is an American? What if he is Canadian? Or Filipino? Or Zimbabwean? Or Chinese?????

If he is not an American then is your advice to him then that he NOT buy a Justis because he should be supporting cue case makers in his own country?

And do you think that Mr. Justis should be supporting his fellow Americans and have his tubes, liners and bags made in the USA? You see I don't really understand why this has anything to do with the actual product but I am interested to hear your answers since you think it's a reason to purchase.

As for resale value I addressed that earlier. But if you would like to prove your point then show us what you paid for your cases and what you got when you resold them. I think that I and many others are curious to know what the Chamberlin Collection brought when you went to sell them. Also since you have never bought or sold any of my cases as far as I know then you have no right to say that Jack's cases hold their value better.

Although I will concede that you might be right. Looking at it as an investment if you purchase a Justis with the intention to resell it some day then you might "lose" less of a percentage off the orginal purchase price than if you buy one of mine.

Ok. But if you wan to compare this on a monetary level you will spend less to get more case with mine on the front end. So you save money immediately that can be used for other things that you want. You get a better built case....that's a fact based on actual side-by-side comparison, you get more choice in color, more choice in sizes, more choice in interiors, more choice in interior color, more choice in pocket styles, you can decide where the handles go and what kind of handles you want, you choose where the strap goes and what type you want, you choose the lid style, you choose where the name will be which is done for free, and if you have some special request that we have never done we will try hard to do it.

If you want to compare apples to apples Mr. Chamberlin then please do so accurately.

You have a vested interest in promoting Justis cases because you invested into a lot of the multi-thousand dollar ones which you put up for sale. You and I have never done business, you have no idea what my cases are like, how well they are made or what value they contain.

You are entirely right, as long as you do not get into any situation outside the "norm" then the Justis will provide adequate protection. The same thing applies to a $20 round tube case.

I will concede the exotic skins to you. I don't do elephant, shark, bull penis, alligator, or any other exotic skin that I can't obtain in sufficient size.

I have done ostrich and python and many really great exotic embossed cowhide prints. So if someone is in the market for a case for $1800 made with elephant then Jack makes fantastic ones. Combined with Ron Ross tooling to bump the price to $3500 they often look incredible. There is no doubt that most Justis cases are classy and elegant. Jack has done a great job honing his style to a perfect edge. Like a Szamboti a Justis has a "look" that is distinct and easy to recognize by another Justis owner. There is a club and if you own a Justis then you belong to it. That's clear.

When I was growing up it was It's George and Jay Flowers (J.EF Q Cases) that players aspired to. Now it's Justis if you want to be in the "club". You are the Virginia chapter president and you fulfill your duty well. But don't hate me for providing an alternative for those who want something other than what Jack makes.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   1
If you have a problem with a JB Case you do not have to send it to China. several customers here will testify that I take care of them at my expense and get their case fixed or replaced. I have several leather workers around the USA who can fix anything that happens to break on my cases.

I do agree with you about the protection in just about any normal situation. For normal handling any case will be sufficient. I build cases for those abnormal times when the extra protection is needed.

In any event as has been mentioned I do sell an upgrade (my opinion) kit for Justis cases which allows the user to have my interior in their Justis case. For some folks this is the best of both worlds as they get the iconic Justis look coupled with the extra protection we provide.

This kit is installed in about 30 minutes with minimal household tools. It's easy to install and easy to put the original interior back in. Jack does void the warranty on his cases for doing this non-intrusive work but that is between the customer and Jack. I merely provide a better interior for those that want it. Anyone interested can search the forum for more information on them. I don't have a page up yet but this reminds me that I need to do one.

Also, we have phones. China even has internet if you can believe it. Anyone who wants to talk to me on the phone can dial a USA phone number and get to me or my wife. I also do Skype and Google Chat so we are easy to get a hold of. About the only medium I am slow on is email but I still get plenty of them from customers each day.

And, (sigh), I suppose I should talk about the comment about supporting Americans.

What is it about the original poster's inquiry leads you to believe that he/she is an American? What if he is Canadian? Or Filipino? Or Zimbabwean? Or Chinese?????

If he is not an American then is your advice to him then that he NOT buy a Justis because he should be supporting cue case makers in his own country?

And do you think that Mr. Justis should be supporting his fellow Americans and have his tubes, liners and bags made in the USA? You see I don't really understand why this has anything to do with the actual product but I am interested to hear your answers since you think it's a reason to purchase.

As for resale value I addressed that earlier. But if you would like to prove your point then show us what you paid for your cases and what you got when you resold them. I think that I and many others are curious to know what the Chamberlin Collection brought when you went to sell them. Also since you have never bought or sold any of my cases as far as I know then you have no right to say that Jack's cases hold their value better.

Although I will concede that you might be right. Looking at it as an investment if you purchase a Justis with the intention to resell it some day then you might "lose" less of a percentage off the orginal purchase price than if you buy one of mine.

Ok. But if you wan to compare this on a monetary level you will spend less to get more case with mine on the front end. So you save money immediately that can be used for other things that you want. You get a better built case....that's a fact based on actual side-by-side comparison, you get more choice in color, more choice in sizes, more choice in interiors, more choice in interior color, more choice in pocket styles, you can decide where the handles go and what kind of handles you want, you choose where the strap goes and what type you want, you choose the lid style, you choose where the name will be which is done for free, and if you have some special request that we have never done we will try hard to do it.

If you want to compare apples to apples Mr. Chamberlin then please do so accurately.

You have a vested interest in promoting Justis cases because you invested into a lot of the multi-thousand dollar ones which you put up for sale. You and I have never done business, you have no idea what my cases are like, how well they are made or what value they contain.

You are entirely right, as long as you do not get into any situation outside the "norm" then the Justis will provide adequate protection. The same thing applies to a $20 round tube case.

I will concede the exotic skins to you. I don't do elephant, shark, bull penis, alligator, or any other exotic skin that I can't obtain in sufficient size.

I have done ostrich and python and many really great exotic embossed cowhide prints. So if someone is in the market for a case for $1800 made with elephant then Jack makes fantastic ones. Combined with Ron Ross tooling to bump the price to $3500 they often look incredible. There is no doubt that most Justis cases are classy and elegant. Jack has done a great job honing his style to a perfect edge. Like a Szamboti a Justis has a "look" that is distinct and easy to recognize by another Justis owner. There is a club and if you own a Justis then you belong to it. That's clear.

When I was growing up it was It's George and Jay Flowers (J.EF Q Cases) that players aspired to. Now it's Justis if you want to be in the "club". You are the Virginia chapter president and you fulfill your duty well. But don't hate me for providing an alternative for those who want something other than what Jack makes.

MODERATORS (MODS) when are you ever gonna do something here.This started as a thread as a consumer asking questions and as a consumer myself i answered with my opinions and like every other case thread out there jb cases finds a way to get involved and state an opinion and almost every other case thread no other case maker ever gets involved.How many warnings does a person get and to mention the words BULL PENIS that certainly is great for our young consumers to hear such language.also i thought that manufactors according to your new rules can not sell new products for sale on the azbilliards forums.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
i have a 2x4 ..what is the price of the up grade..........?

$75 for liner shipped. - You install the liner - about 30 minutes.

$160 shipped with a new tube. - you swap out the tubes - about five minutes.

This is for the ProLite version. For the old multi-tube style I have to change the wood on the lid to fit our tube diameter. I only do this work in our shop and the customer is responsible for all the shipping. That is in China and cost prohibitive in my opinion.

However I do sell new liners for the tubes that you can install yourself. That will take about an hour and the cost for those is $50 shipped.

Also all my liners come with EVA high density foam to pad the bottom which is not provided on Justis cases. (use the search function to find the many discussions on this)

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   1
Moderators (mods) az members are tired of this......

MODERATORS (MODS) when are you ever gonna do something here.This started as a thread as a consumer asking questions and as a consumer myself i answered with my opinions and like every other case thread out there jb cases finds a way to get involved and state an opinion on every case thread and no other case maker ever gets involved.How many warnings does a person get and to mention the words that jb cases used BULL PENIS that certainly is great for our consumers and young children to hear such language.also i thought that manufactors according to your new rules can not sell new products for sale on the azbilliards forums.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   1
Also if you are on a budget consider a Dennis Swift Made in the USA in Island, Kentucky, and a DEAL at $300.00 for a 2 x 4, PLUS A LITTLE EXTRA for Postage. Like the Swift below I sold to AZB Member IMMARK:D

Dennis as of late is working way out of Dennis's Old Box, and his FACEBOOK PAGE & PHOTO GALLERY has photo up the WAZOO. Plus Dennis does extras like (Longer, deeper pockets, bottom band, left or right hand carry, etc.) for a reasonable price.:wink:

So like I said if it has to be Made in the U.S.A. like good Brown Whiskey it don't get more U.S.A. then KEN-TUCK-KEY.:wink:

Just an FYI.

Yes Dennis swift does make a great case and value for the money.also swift cases will do some customizing for you at a very reasonable price.They also sometimes will have a few cases in stock to sell if you dont want to special order a case.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
MODERATORS (MODS) when are you ever gonna do something here.This started as a thread as a consumer asking questions and as a consumer myself i answered with my opinions and like every other case thread out there jb cases finds a way to get involved and state an opinion and almost every other case thread no other case maker ever gets involved.How many warnings does a person get and to mention the words BULL PENIS that certainly is great for our young consumers to hear such language.also i thought that manufactors according to your new rules can not sell new products for sale on the azbilliards forums.

Mr. Chamberlin,

Did you not just tell us that you are in the billiard business and have been for many decades?

Also do you not buy Justis cases to resell them? You were on here a few years ago selling the Justis cases that you had bought not long before. So can we not conclude that you are "in the business" based on your words and actions?

You didn't just give your opinion, you deliberately chose to draw comparisons so if you do that then you invite a rebuttal.

You aren't just a consumer. But if you want to play that card then is it ok with you if I make a video comparing MY Justis case with the many other cases I own.

I would invite you to do the same sir. Go find someone who owns one of my cases and make a video comparing them in minute detail.

I firmly believe that when the dust settles our cases provide more value.

BUT - once again it's personal preference. There has been no epedemic of broken cues due to people using Justis cases. You and many other fine folks have used them with no problems. Anyone who buys a Justis will PROBABLY never have anything happen to their cue because of the protection level it offers.

As well I sell a LOT of non-tube cases to people who carry very expensive cues. So people are certainly in-touch with what they are buying. I just won't allow you to make disparaging comparisons without setting the record straight.

Jack builds a good case. We build a good case, a better one in my opinion, but certainly not any less than Jack's in fit and finish. We offer more protection, that's just a fact. But if anyone wants our protection with Jack's case they can have it. That only benefits Jack as I could withhold my ability to do it from the market.

You should know by now that I won't put up with nonsense on this subject. Be fair and you won't get into an argument with me. Try and put me down then you had better be armed with indisputable facts.

Also Bull Penis has many valid uses, would you like me to list them? :)

Last edited:

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
It is impossible to go wrong either way. I think both cases are world class. I think it totally comes down to personal taste.

Good luck in your search..........

Best,
JimmyK

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   1
Mr. Chamberlin,

Did you not just tell us that you are in the billiard business and have been for many decades?

Also do you not buy Justis cases to resell them? You were on here a few years ago selling the Justis cases that you had bought not long before. So can we not conclude that you are "in the business" based on your words and actions?

You didn't just give your opinion, you deliberately chose to draw comparisons so if you do that then you invite a rebuttal.

You aren't just a consumer. But if you want to play that card then is it ok with you if I make a video comparing MY Justis case with the many other cases I own.

I would invite you to do the same sir. Go find someone who owns one of my cases and make a video comparing them in minute detail.

I firmly believe that when the dust settles our cases provide more value.

BUT - once again it's personal preference. There has been no epedemic of broken cues due to people using Justis cases. You and many other fine folks have used them with no problems. Anyone who buys a Justis will PROBABLY never have anything happen to their cue because of the protection level it offers.

As well I sell a LOT of non-tube cases to people who carry very expensive cues. So people are certainly in-touch with what they are buying. I just won't allow you to make disparaging comparisons without setting the record straight.

Jack builds a good case. We build a good case, a better one in my opinion, but certainly not any less than Jack's in fit and finish. We offer more protection, that's just a fact. But if anyone wants our protection with Jack's case they can have it. That only benefits Jack as I could withhold my ability to do it from the market.

You should know by now that I won't put up with nonsense on this subject. Be fair and you won't get into an argument with me. Try and put me down then you had better be armed with indisputable facts.

Also Bull Penis has many valid uses, would you like me to list them? :)
I am no longer in the billiard retail business.Sold my company for $8.5 million and very proud of it.this is a thread for consumers not case makers.you always try to find a way to get involved.you will be on the sidelines soon from az billiards untill you go back under the user id of roadie.Alot of top pros use Justis cases and not because they are given to them for free.Not a single top player uses any of your cases because mainly of your attitude not your cases.Your chinamen do good work.Also you mentioned Allen Hopkins before.Well Mr. Justis told me Hopkins bought his personal case from him and he didnt get it for free and also referred others to buy Justis cases.You can keep going with all your comments as it does seem to be entertaining to alot of az members as i would say at least 90% of the az members dont care for you or your cases.Im sure you will here from ther Moderators soon at least 90% of us hope so.....

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I am no longer in the billiard retail business.Sold my company for $8.5 million and very proud of it.this is a thread for consumers not case makers.you always try to find a way to get involved.you will be on the sidelines soon from az billiards untill you go back under the user id of roadie.Alot of top pros use Justis cases and not because they are given to them for free.Not a single top player uses any of your cases because mainly of your attitude not your cases.Your chinamen do good work.Also you mentioned Allen Hopkins before.Well Mr. Justis told me Hopkins bought his personal case from him and he didnt get it for free and also referred others to buy Justis cases.You can keep going with all your comments as it does seem to be entertaining to alot of az members as i would say at least 90% of the az members dont care for you or your cases.Im sure you will here from ther Moderators soon at least 90% of us hope so.....

I would say John is just protecting his corner from you haters. I take it you also buy American when it comes to car, stereo, television etc?? I have never seen any post where someone has bought a JB case and complained about it, and yet there are a small group on here who like to try and run John and his cases down. It should be you lot getting the bird and told to move along.

On the case front, I have an old Justis case, it is built like a tank, great protection, lovely leather, but too damn heavy. Same with my old Whitten, I don't have a JB, so cannot comment on those. My favourite is my Jim Murnack by a fair distance, it is perfect!!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0

Allen is an exception among professionals. He buys his stuff rather than expecting to get it for free.

The first case I made for a professional player was for Allen Hopkins in 1992. Allen came to my little display in Essen, Germany and liked what he saw and ordered a case and offered to pay me on the spot. Me, being just 24, was in awe of Allen Hopkins, and I said no, I will give you one. So he said then that he would like to BUY one for his girlfriend. So I made one for Allen for free and embroidered the Diamond Tables logo on it by myself by hand and made the one he bought for his then girlfriend Dawn Meurin, who later became his wife.

Allen is top notch in my book and a fine example of a professional player and a businessman.

--------------------------------------

Now that we got that out of the way, feel free to tell us how many other pros are using Justis cases that they bought other than yourself? For that matter I can't find much record of you being a professional but then in this sport all it takes to call yourself a pro is to claim to be one.

So you are retired FROM the billiard business but you gave your billiard business credentials anyway for what reason if not to sway the vote, to say look man, I am an experienced person in the billiard world and if I say that x-case is the best will then my 27 years in the biz proves it.......seems to me like you were/are acting like more than just Joe Consumer.

So do you have all these 40 Justis cases you bought? Or did you resell them? I mean I seem to remember that you were on here a couple years ago selling a bunch. So if you are reselling them then don't you have a vested interest in promoting the idea that they hold their value? Just asking because it seems like a bit of a chicken/egg proposition to me. Kind of like someone who touts a company on tv when they hold shares in that company.

Let's not be coy here. Out of your 8.5 million how much of it is invested into Justis cases?

I don't think your opinion is coming from being a simple consumer. Now go back through the thread and you will find many others who aren't buying 40 JB Cases, they have all bought one or two and sometimes three, some have had Justis cases long before they bought ours and they relate their experiences based on that.

Many have stated what they feel about the protection and how they just feel better when their cues don't rattle. I can understand that because I don't like for my cues to rattle either.

These are the Joe Consumers who don't have 8.5 million to spend on "prestige". They have $500 to spend on getting the most case for their money. (well, SOME of them have quite a bit more than 8.5 million and they chose my case but they don't brag about their money)

Look man, I don't care if this person buys a Justis. That's great. There are 7 billion people on earth, enough to keep me and Justis and 1000 more case makers busy for all our lives. I care about being fairly compared though.

You want to play the China card? Well then play it on Jack since he buys his interiors from China. You want to play the patriot card? Well then play it on Jack as well since he buys his interiors from China. Which incidentally I don't really care about. I think he should be free to source his components anywhere he wants. It's just when people like you try to make this a patriotic thing that I have to remind you that Jack has partners in China.

The fact is that Jack offers a LIMITED range of options, two sizes, and very few colors. We offer a virtually unlimited variety in models and choices. Assume both cases are identical in construction then just by virtue of choice alone we offer more for the consumer. That's just a fact that a veteran of the retail business for 27 years ought to be honorable enough to acknowledge.

Owning a Justis IS prestigious. It's nice. The cases have a nice clean look to them. There aren't many out in the world, maybe say about 2000-3000 cases spanning a little over 20 years. So there are good reasons to own a Justis. Just not some of the ones you listed.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0

Bull penis was used in another thread because there is a company that makes a cue out of a bull penis, they also make canes from bulls penii' (you think your limp is bad, imagine the bulls). It's pool related, and topic for discussion.

JV

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Randy, you know that Justis interiors are 100% made in China don't you. I fully understand your zeal to put me down. I deserve it for busting your nuts while exposing your ignorance of the billiard business and your seeming willingness to mislead people. But please stick to facts during your promotional spiels.
Also, this is a listing of dream cases Jack would not make www.jbcases.com/casesbyname.html

So if someone's dream case falls outside of what Jack is willing to do then he certainly will NOT build the customer a case of their dreams.

Our range of options is not only cosmetic. We are known for creating custom sizes and cavities to fit the customers needs among other things.

I could fill up 10 pages with the different custom things we have done. In fact I have such a thread and I will post a link to it when I find it.

Lastly, if your tactic is going to be coming into such threads to advertise for Jack then it will backfire because each time you do it you simply give me another opportunity to show the readers what we offer in comparison. Funny thing is that you don't even own a Justis.

But, you did own another case we make, the GTF. And when you were trying to sell it here on Azb you said it is the best case in that style ever made. You didn't have any problem with it being made in China then........

www.jbcases.com

Trashing ANOTHER person's sale thread again? Sooner or later the mods WILL catch up to you!

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
The very best reason to buy a Jack Justis case (and, the reason it is most valuable) it is handmade by Jack Justis. They are NOT made by a Communist China worker who simply stamps his name on the case! It is also the reason Jack Justis cases are rare and not just "production" cases!

Status
Not open for further replies.