JB Cases / Jack Justis Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
The very best reason to buy a Jack Justis case (and, the reason it is most valuable) it is handmade by Jack Justis. They are NOT made by a Communist China worker who simply stamps his name on the case! It is also the reason Jack Justis cases are rare and not just "production" cases!

:) do you have to make it this easy?
This case you sold was 100% made in China with Jack's blessing and instructions.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=233670

jw1.jpg
jw21.jpg
jw31.jpg
jw4.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this thread you were selling GTF cases, all made in China.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=186618

And this is what you said about these Chinese-made cases.

"Three GTF cases are still available! Smooth brown and the 2 black lizard. These cases are the finest leather Fellini style cases available. Let's get them sold! FREE shipping to CONUS! " - chef Randy

I guess you are ok with "communist" Chinese made goods when you are selling them? Not an attack Randy, just reminding you that everything you say and do on this forum is subject to research. If there is one thing I detest more than loose interiors it's hypocrites. So try not to be one ok and try to remember that AZB is comprised of members from all over the world.

Last edited:

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
:) do you have to make it this easy?
This case you sold was 100% made in China with Jack's blessing and instructions.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=233670

In this thread you were selling GTF cases, all made in China.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=186618

And this is what you said about these Chinese-made cases.

"Three GTF cases are still available! Smooth brown and the 2 black lizard. These cases are the finest leather Fellini style cases available. Let's get them sold! FREE shipping to CONUS! " - chef Randy

www.jbcases.com

Why are you continuing to trash this thread? All you mention here has absolutely NOTHING to do with this op's request for info. This is just a personal attack on me. Quit being so hateful and quit stalking me! You do it in my threads, and now you're doing it everyone else's threads! Grow up!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
And one of our interiors for comparison:

elements-zd-interior.jpg

elements-ze-interiorwithcues.jpg

That is 3 butts and 4 shafts in the same amount of space as the Justis 2x4, with generous and protective padding as well. - My Youtube handle is jbideastoo and there you can see plenty of videos where I talk about and demonstrate the features on our cases.

My apologies to the original poster that there are a few folks here who still want to act like stalkers and insert hate into the discussion. I have created these guys by trampling on their flowerbeds. It's my fault for not agreeing to let choosing a case be a beauty contest. So be it. You know what my customers think, you know what I think, and you can see what have done and the breadth of choice I offer.

Either way you will get a nice case. Thank you for narrowing your choices down to Justis and JB Cases. I still feel honored whenever anyone considers our cases with all the great products out there these days.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Why are you continuing to trash this thread? All you mention here has absolutely NOTHING to do with this op's request for info. This is just a personal attack on me. Quit being so hateful and quit stalking me! You do it in my threads, and now you're doing it everyone else's threads! Grow up!

No it has to do with your credibility and reason for entering the thread. You did not post to help the op. You posted thinking that you could bust my balls playing the China card. Only you forgot that you LOVE Chinese cue cases when you have some to sell.

Live by the sword and die by the sword Randy. I told you in PM that if you try to follow me around and attack me by playing the China card and promoting Jack's stuff as Made in USA then it will allow me the opportunity to respond. So instead of getting what you want, which is my silence, you get my reason and my research into your own statements.

When you make comments to me like I use slave-labor, which you have done repeatedly, then don't be surprised when I look at your history and find you have gleefully sold Chinese-made cases and touted them as the best in class. I don't mind if someone is "buy American/anti-China" if that's what they truly believe. I am happy to debate them and even agree to disagree if the conversation stays civil. But I have little patience with someone who wants to use fake outrage to pull on other people's sympathies as you have done. You don't care about the Chinese people or the Chinese government. All you care about is that you have been called out on your BS and that upsets you.

Last week you were brown-nosing the moderators here and this week you are advertising several other forums to sell on because things haven't gone your way. So as I told you, feel free to come behind me with whatever you think will "get me"........every post you make allows me to respond and keeps my side of the story in front of the public's eyes....

The OP asked about the comparisons between Justis and JB Cases.

He didn't ask for political statements.

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
No it has to do with your credibility and reason for entering the thread. You did not post to help the op. You posted thinking that you could bust my balls playing the China card. Only you forgot that you LOVE Chinese cue cases when you have some to sell.

Live by the sword and die by the sword Randy. I told you in PM that if you try to follow me around and attack me by playing the China card and promoting Jack's stuff as Made in USA then it will allow me the opportunity to respond. So instead of getting what you want, which is my silence, you get my reason and my research into your own statements.

When you make comments to me like I use slave-labor, which you have done repeatedly, then don't be surprised when I look at your history and find you have gleefully sold Chinese-made cases and touted them as the best in class. I don't mind if someone is "buy American/anti-China" if that's what they truly believe. I am happy to debate them and even agree to disagree if the conversation stays civil. But I have little patience with someone who wants to use fake outrage to pull on other people's sympathies as you have done. You don't care about the Chinese people or the Chinese government. All you care about is that you have been called out on your BS and that upsets you.

Last week you were brown-nosing the moderators here and this week you are advertising several other forums to sell on because things haven't gone your way. So as I told you, feel free to come behind me with whatever you think will "get me"........every post you make allows me to respond and keeps my side of the story in front of the public's eyes....

The OP asked about the comparisons between Justis and JB Cases.

He didn't ask for political statements.

LMAO, you still did not answer the question: WHY are you trashing this thread?

The op did not ask for comparisons...he asked for insight on value (amongst other things), and from what I can see an American-made case by the hands of Jack Justis is MORE valuable than anything made by the hands of a Communist China worker! That is my opinion and I have every right to make it WITHOUT be verbally molested by an angry, hateful man who doesn't make cases anymore because he spends all his time stalking people on the internet who disagree with him! You have jump into every one of MY threads of late with your hateful sarcasm. I have not jumped into a single one of yours! Now you're trashing other people's thread with your hate rhetoric. Like I said...GROW UP and get a life!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0

The op did not ask for comparisons...he asked for insight on value (amongst other things), and from what I can see an American-made case by the hands of Jack Justis is MORE valuable than anything made by the hands of a Communist China worker! That is my opinion and I have every right to make it WITHOUT be verbally molested by an angry, hateful man who doesn't make cases anymore because he spends all his time stalking people on the internet who disagree with him! You have jump into every one of MY threads of late with your hateful sarcasm. I have not jumped into a single one of yours! Now you're trashing other people's thread with your hate rhetoric. Like I said...GROW UP and get a life!

:) Ok we got it. Do you feel molested? Let me show you a sneak preview of the case my slave-labor communists and I got done this week while I was venting on another forum and in between their Party meetings and twice daily floggings........

thegoodside-j-bt.jpg

Chairman Hu thanks you for your attention.

I didn't jump into your threads Randy. I asked you some questions. I thanked you for your wonderful testimonial about the Chinese Slave-labor made GTF cases. Which I will make sure gets put on the GTF website with your name attached to it, thank you again.

I am sure Jack is happy that you are helping him out here. Since he does not tell people on his site where teh interiors come from I know he appreciates it when someone like you goes on a rant about "China" to attempt to put down our products and I have to remind that person that Jack made cases in China and uses Chinese made interiors.

Here is a picture gallery of all the communist slaves working in my shop:

http://www.jbcases.com/gallery/index.php?g2_itemId=12448

Notice that we cropped out all the shackles? And there are armed guards just out of view pointing guns at the worker to make sure none of them tries to slip a "help me" sign into the picture.

Tomorrow night we are all having dinner together to wish them all a happy Chinese New Year. They will only get beaten once tomorrow instead of twice as their bonus for doing good work.......

They wish to thank you for buying the GTF cases they made and thus providing them employment under a benevolent American who only beats them twice and feeds them fish heads instead of tails. I will show them your picture tomorrow and have them all bow to you.

Dude I have to stop, I am going to bust a gut laughing at you and you are going to blow a nerve if I keep it up. We understand your position. China bad, USA good, John bad, Jack good. (and Whitten too).

Thanks for your opinion, it's on the record....

RackRunner

Property of RackRunner
Silver Member
Rating - 99%
104   1   0
I'll admit it, I read the first page of this thread and
it was quite obvious the direction it was headed in. I got
bored and jumped to the last page. But along the way, I
did pick up a quote which I totally disagree with. And...
here it is: "If you want something different, JB is the only way to go."

I beg to differ...
You might also want to consider a Whitten, Ron Thomas,
Rusty Melton among others. I personally have all three of
the aforementioned cases, along with an original stingray
Engles, but that is more for collectibility and storage than
everyday use. I LOVE Justis cases, however, for everyday
use I find it difficult to get my hand in the pockets due to
the fact the zipper only travels along the one side of the
pocket. Therefore, I use a 2x4 Whitten as my everyday
case. I've heard the argument of JB cases having a better
interior and the endless examples of people stating they
have accidentally carried their cases upside down (really?)
without realizing it. In my opinion, if you do not have the
sense to know that you're about to pick up your case
and it's upside down, then you get what you deserve. I
have never carried a case upside down, nor do I leave
the zipper open on my Whitten for some drunk schmuck
to come by and knock it off the table. A little precaution
goes a long way. That being said, I'm not knocking Mr. JB's
cases, I just don't think the reasoning for his "luvable hug"
is necessary if you pay attention and take care of your
equipment in the first place. They're all good cases, I'm sure
however for everyday use I find the Whitten is the easiest
to use, the Justis is the best looking, and the Thomas is
probably the best with an air tight suction fit. Rusty Melton
is well on his way to making a case for being right in the team
photo of some of the best cases as well, as is Cyrex...
Just my opinion, I have no dog in the race and no case to sell...

JMW

Seen Your Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have no dog in this race either. But I have had Justis, Whitten, Swift, Thomas, Flowers, Murnak and Barton cases. The JB case is my favorite and the Whitten is my second favorite. The JB quality and protection is fantastic! The Justis will probably hold it value a little bit better.

I do NOT think that John Barton started the BS and trashing of this thread. If I was the OP I would be thrilled to hear from the maker of one of the cases I was considering for purchase.

I also think that no one on this forum should use the "buy USA only" argument if they have sold foreign made products on this site.

Last edited:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I have no dog in this race either. But I have had Justis, Whitten, Swift, Thomas, Flowers and Barton cases. The JB case is my favorite and the Whitten is my second favorite. The JB quality and protection is fantastic! The Justis will probably hold it value a little bit better.

I do NOT think that John Barton started the BS and trashing of this thread. If I was the OP I would be thrilled to hear from the maker of one of the cases I was considering for purchase.

I also think that no one on this forum should use the "buy USA only" argument if they have sold foreign made products on this site.

There is a difference between hearing from one of the casemakers vs. what has been posted. IMHO like his cases, Mr. Justis' silence speaks volumes. Unfortunately in todays market, in order to make other deals, trades need to be made and even I have taken cues in that normally I would laugh off. In CF's case, no pun intended, maybe he took a trade and had to sell off the excess.

Now as for the cases, my preference is Justis. There is a lot to be said that IF you need to send the case in, that sending to Florida is going to be more cost effective IF a repair is needed. I don't think that will happen. As far as Jack's buying Chinese interiors, not all parts in your chevy are made here, its where the final assembly takes place.

I think resale should be considered and I don't dispute that most products lose a certain curb value when driven off the lot. Look at it this way, the Justis is an heirloom, the other, not so much.

Under NORMAL use, probably 90% of the cases will be able to house your cue. My Justis, tube style,has hit the floor from table height and my cues, and the case survived. I have a Wave case that my partner sells out of his room, and gave me for FREE, and I use it for "sales". Works fine for that.

I also use a Thomas and a Fellini regularly, and they all do the job.

JV

sengkun108

sengkun108
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

well....i don't know who you are sir...but, you are really a stupid and hypocrite person....American made better then China made is totally BULLSHIT....American can make quality product same as European can make same quality product...Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean also can make same quality product.
i think you the one who need to Grow up and get a life.

For the OP.....i own a JB case and i satisfied with the product..Good leather quality...(just ignore the stupid comment about China made poor quality product).....don't have any Jack Justis, but it sure a good looking cuecase maybe someday i will order one from Mr Justis

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I too have no dog in the fight as far as jbcases and cfrandy go. However I will say that Mr. Barton was a very nice man in the emails that we had back and forth. I will also say that I have not owed a Justis case but I have owed a Barton. I did a trade deal with Mr. Barton here on az billiards.

As far as that case goes it is by far the nicest case that I have ever owned. I really loved it. It was a GTF 2x4. The simple design and top notch execution was awesome. It was a shame that I fell on some hard times and had to sell it. Damn schooling for the wife. LOL.

I will say also that Mr. Barton was very easy to deal with and the shipping time from China was incredible. He even let me ship the item that I traded to him to his father in law here in the states so I didnt have to pay for the shipping to China. I think that JB is the way to go if you want a super nice case that is still affordable and great customer service.

Last edited:

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hey wpolkjr I'd go with a JB case. I bought one & am completely satisfied with it. You tell him what you want & you'll get it. They are built Heavy Duty!!! As far as the buy American at this point in time is almost impossible. Look and see what kind of car your drive, the tires on the car, the tv you watch, the pants your wearing, & on & on & on... So if I was you I would email or pm John in private so JB haters don't get involved. All so check out his web page & see what he's done. But all so check out Dennis Swift's & Jack Justis's web sites. That's what I did.

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Why only one ???

Like roy malott from indyq cues and cases would say..''thats why they make vanilla and chocolate'' !!

,,,,,,,,,,,alan,,,,,,,,,,,

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
There is a difference between hearing from one of the casemakers vs. what has been posted. IMHO like his cases, Mr. Justis' silence speaks volumes.

What can Jack say? When he wants to he speaks up. I am sure that if something were said in this thread that he felt the need to address then he would have. Jack builds a good case. People here have acknowledged that. I addressed several points that needed to be addressed.

Unfortunately, you, Randy and Bobby (worldpro), all have an agenda to cause me harm wherever you can. My agenda is to sell cases, that's my job. My agenda is to tell people about what we do, why we do it and how we do it. If someone makes a point of trying to put us in a negative light then I have to answer that.

Unfortunately in todays market, in order to make other deals, trades need to be made and even I have taken cues in that normally I would laugh off. In CF's case, no pun intended, maybe he took a trade and had to sell off the excess.

Sure, so in your opinion then it's ok to come here and sell the stuff you don't like by praising it to high heaven and then turn around a month later and trash what you just sold?

Now as for the cases, my preference is Justis. There is a lot to be said that IF you need to send the case in, that sending to Florida is going to be more cost effective IF a repair is needed.

More cost effective to send it to Florida? None of my customers have ever had to send a case out of the United States for repair. The few times in the past four years where something has not been right one of two things happen, either I make a new case and send a replacement at my cost to the customer, or I have them ship it to someone I work with who can fix it also at my cost. I pay the shipping in all directions and pay for all the repairs. I even offer to pay for my customer's TIME that they spend shipping it. I also often will send them a Sterling case to use or keep while their case is gone.

I don't know how much more cost effective it gets than that.

I don't think that will happen. As far as Jack's buying Chinese interiors, not all parts in your chevy are made here, its where the final assembly takes place.

Ok. I have no problem with that. But the interior of a case IS the actual case part. I mean try to sell a Justis or any similar style case without the tube and all you have is an empty bag. How far will you get with that? The point being that the interior is not a small part, it's an important part and if people want to play the Made in USA card and "support America" card then they ought to apply it equally. I have never seen you dress down Jack for not supporting American workers by having the bags and tubes made in America. But you have done quite a lot to disparage me for making my products in China. So honestly, I don't get the unfair application of the "China" card. Probably just due to my sweet disposition :) that brings out the hypocrisy in others.

I think resale should be considered and I don't dispute that most products lose a certain curb value when driven off the lot. Look at it this way, the Justis is an heirloom, the other, not so much.

An heirloom? Really? You really do attempt to put out some low blows don't you? It's funny that you say resale should be considered and heirloom right after that.

It is funny that you say this though because I have had a few customers order from me with VERY SPECIFIC requests because they wanted to create an heirloom to be handed down. Like this one

scotland-a1-f.jpg

scotland-b-b.jpg

scotland-c3.jpg

The customer even named the case himself, The Heritage.

It is the case of my customer's dreams. It is a case that Jack would not build even had he been asked to. The customer would have had to sacrifice quite a bit to get any part of his dream represented on a Justis case. I think it's fair to say that this case is intended to stay in the family.

I think that my customers would disagree with you and state unequivocally that we create heirloom quality leather cases.

Regarding the resale value, like I said there are two ways to MAKE MONEY, one is to buy at one price and sell for a profit, the other one is to buy at a lower price from the beginning. Comparing apples to apples my customers save money on the front end by spending less and getting more case (when the wide variety of choice and features is factored in) and when they go to sell it later they still get a good percentage of the price paid plus the enjoyment of having had exactly the case they wanted, built as they wanted, for the time they owned it.

This case for example sells for about $1500 from me.

hightcountry-afront.jpg

hightcountry-bback.jpg

It is now owned by one of the premier collectors of pool cues in the world. Were he to put it on the market right now, even in a down market, I'd bet he could sell it for more than $1000 easily.

Conversely a case from Jack with some tooling by Ron Ross reportedly sells for $3500ish directly from Jack.

So my customer gets a 100% tooled case with a 100% unique pattern, inlaid back that is hand sewn, custom pockets to fit his cue ball,

hightcountry-fright.jpg

hightcountry-vballholder2.jpg

All for $1500. He has something no other human has, made in the highest quality available and offering the best protection in a tube case that is available. Should he sell it he may lose a little or he might not lose anything. In any event having invested $1500 instead of $3500 frees up $2000 to spend on something else.

And who among us can say that in 20 years that $1500 case won't be worth $5000 after I die from a heart attack caused by online arguing and my wife goes on to become a famous purse maker where she can get $3000 for a purse that easier to make than a cue case?

As an investment it would have been nice to buy up all the Bushkas you could for $165 back in the 70s wouldn't it? Now when Barry Szamboti makes a cue that looks anything like a Bushka it's multi-thousands. So who knows which of us will be "collectible" in the future? I don't. I know that my product is priced very reasonably for the quality that is in it. I am confident that my customers appreciate the immediate savings over purchasing a comparable Justis (to be honest there isn't many of mine we can even make a good comparison to).

But most of my customers don't buy for resale. They buy for daily use and like the fact that they get the case they want with the ease-of-use and features that they want built in.

Under NORMAL use, probably 90% of the cases will be able to house your cue. My Justis, tube style,has hit the floor from table height and my cues, and the case survived. I have a Wave case that my partner sells out of his room, and gave me for FREE, and I use it for "sales". Works fine for that.

Sure, if you want to put our cases in a category the let's call them OVER-protective. Any case can HOLD a cue. In fact this case right here protects as well or better than a Justis:

STT2BK-CU-F.JPG

It's a $20 tube case sold by Sterling.

People don't buy Justis cases because they protect better than any other cases. They buy Justis for the prestige as you and others have made a point to note many times. They buy Justis for the perceived heirloom nature and because Justis is the "the case" to have if you want to be seen as a "player". I grew up in the pool room, I know how it is when you walk in with your shiny new cue or case. When I was a kid it was the players from up north coming down with their Joss Cues and their Schons that impressed us. Then later it was the SouthWest cues and Scruggs etc....

In Germany people would go nuts over a "Flowers" (J.EF Q Case) case and later over a Justis, that's how it is with things that are relatively rare or hard to obtain. If you want prestige then you buy a brand that gives you that.

But the funny part is that your advertising campaign is that it's "good enough" to protect the cues. Then other people say, well if you can't take care of your cues then you are too stupid to own a Justis or any other case that doesn't have Barton's padded protection. So the "club" gangs up on the people who CHOSE to go with the over-protective case and chastise them for taking the extra precaution. That doesn't make sense.

I also use a Thomas and a Fellini regularly, and they all do the job.

JV

Certainly. Doing the "job" is not the point here. I think that the person who started the thread was wanting to know which one does the job better and what people's experiences have been.

So the points you made are:

Better resale value (debatable)
Does the job (definitely)
Heirloom/Non-Heirloom (false comparison on your part)
Easier Shipping for Repairs (nope, we pay all costs and even for the customer's time)
Made in USA - (you say assembled in USA is enough)
Silence of Case Maker means Better Product - ( I think that's your point, no need to get into why it's silly)

My points are:

More Choice - www.jbcases.com/casesbyname.html
Lower Price - on comparable models - www.jbcases.com/jflowers.html
Better Protection - www.jbcases.com/protection.html

Feel free to rebut any of these. All in service of helping the original poster make a decision.

(so long winded - very sorry folks - I will TRY to learn the art of brevity this year)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I'll admit it, I read the first page of this thread and
it was quite obvious the direction it was headed in. I got
bored and jumped to the last page. But along the way, I
did pick up a quote which I totally disagree with. And...
here it is: "If you want something different, JB is the only way to go."

I absolutely agree with you. On my website right here I list a lot of other case makers with links for people who don't find what they want with me:

www.jbcases.com/aboutus.html

I don't think that there is anyone on this forum who has done MORE to promote other case makers than me. Whenever I find anyone making cases I usually promote them in some way and make a post highlighting and praising their work.

I have said in at least five threads that I think this is the best time in the world to be looking for a cue case because of the diversity and quality out there right now.

I honestly doubt that there is another person on AZB who LOVES the craft of making cases as much as I do. And by loves I mean all cases of any kind. I just love thinking about all the ways to put leather togehter and spending time figuring out new ways to do it. So I think that I even appreciate what other cue case makers are doing even more than most of you who are just consumers. I see what Marc Turcasso does, what Rusty does, what Ron Thomas does, and what Al Kinghorn does on a deeper level with understanding and sympathy for what they put into their work.

I beg to differ...
You might also want to consider a Whitten, Ron Thomas,
Rusty Melton among others. I personally have all three of
the aforementioned cases, along with an original stingray
Engles, but that is more for collectibility and storage than
everyday use. I LOVE Justis cases, however, for everyday
use I find it difficult to get my hand in the pockets due to
the fact the zipper only travels along the one side of the
pocket.

Agreed, I tell people to consider all other brands first. Often at shows I wouldn't even take a person's money when they wanted to buy my case. I would tell them to keep their money and walk around and compare all the other cases on display and then come back ONLY if they felt our case was the best value for them.

Again that's why I list them on my website, www.jbcases.com/aboutus.html (at the bottom) and why I have a case maker's gallery where I show off the work of other case makers.
http://www.jbcases.com/gallery/index.php?g2_itemId=9833

Therefore, I use a 2x4 Whitten as my everyday
case. I've heard the argument of JB cases having a better
interior and the endless examples of people stating they
have accidentally carried their cases upside down (really?)
without realizing it. In my opinion, if you do not have the
sense to know that you're about to pick up your case
and it's upside down, then you get what you deserve. I
have never carried a case upside down, nor do I leave
the zipper open on my Whitten for some drunk schmuck
to come by and knock it off the table. A little precaution
goes a long way. That being said, I'm not knocking Mr. JB's
cases, I just don't think the reasoning for his "luvable hug"
is necessary if you pay attention and take care of your
equipment in the first place. They're all good cases, I'm sure
however for everyday use I find the Whitten is the easiest
to use, the Justis is the best looking, and the Thomas is
probably the best with an air tight suction fit. Rusty Melton
is well on his way to making a case for being right in the team
photo of some of the best cases as well, as is Cyrex...
Just my opinion, I have no dog in the race and no case to sell...

Well this is where we have to disagree then. Because I am one of those "dumb" people that had an accident where my case got knocked off a table while open and the cue parts all spilled onto the floor and my cue got broken. So I guess I did deserve it for not knowing that the case was not holing the cue nicely snug like my old Porper.

I had just assumed that the case was as good as the Porper and put my cues in the same way thinking that they would be kept in place in the same way as the Porper did.

But I found out the hard way that the expensive ($400 back then) leather case wasn't as good as the much cheaper ($125) Porper when it came to protecting the cues. I guess there was a very good reason why Porpers carried the slogan "Protect-A-Cue".

Anyway I set out to marry the Porper protection with the leather beauty and Instroke was born.

Over the years I have collected a bunch of stories where people had accidents where they were very grateful that the case protected their cues. Things that happened outside the normal use and normal care which is why they are called accidents. I will post a page listing some of these stories soon.

I guess myself and all these people belong in the stupid dumbass category. I build cases for people who aren't smart enough to baby their equipment all the time. I build cases for the guy who slips on the ice once in a while. I build cases for the guy whose wife drop kicks his case for wanting to go play pool, I build cases for the people who accidentally leave their case on top of the car, I build cases for the guy who doesn't have the reflexes to miss that giant pothole and his case bounces like crazy in the back seat.

In 2008, at the Super Billiards Expo, Jerry Olivier took me to see a player he was sponsoring to show me a cue he just built for the guy.

The player opened the case and couldn't get the cues out because they were to deep to get a grip on. So he tipped the case to pour the cues out and then all the parts started coming out at once. Me, Jerry, and the guy holding the case saw what was coming and all three of use grabbed for the cues. Like the three stooges we all missed and that brand new beautiful cue crashed on to the floor. Jerry picked it up and it had a lovely NEW ding and a chip in it.

I took the player over to my booth and gave him one of these:

STW7BC-CU-F1.JPG

STW7BC-CU-E.JPG

A case with nice padded protection but most importantly, a case where he doesn't have to tip the case to get the cues out.

Your Whitten also has this feature with the springs they provide. I went them one better with my OrganicRebound interior which needs no springs. This interior allows the cues to pop right up to the top for easy access but there are NO foreign objects inside taking up space and nothing that needs an extra tool to use.

Here is a YouTube video demonstrating it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIP1o1jwwtE

So for all the stupid people out there who aren't smart enough to use other brands of cases where more attention is needed, JB Cases has you covered. :)

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
RETURNS/WARRANTY:

JB Cases are warrantied for LIFE, my life, your kid's life, you grandkid's life. As long as there is something we made that SHOULD not break with normal use throughout many lifetimes and it breaks then we will endeavor to fix it as long as I am alive and able to try. If my company outlives me then I hope that they carry this through and if someone shows up with a 100 year old JB Case that needs repair that they will take of them.

I don't want to hear any more nonsense about who has the better the warranty or who stands behind their products better.

For those who are saying it's easier to ship a Justis to Florida why are you assuming that the person asking is in the USA?

What if he is in Germany? In Japan or in China? My friend Jive has a friend in China that has his heart set on a Justis. Despite all cajoling and massages we have bestowed upon him he is going to get a Justis. So what do you Joe Van Buren, you Bobby Chamberlin, and you Randy Pollack, want to tell this customer IF his case breaks.

Are you going to pay for the shipping back to Florida? Do you want to tell him to buy a Chinese made case for convenience?

Jack has customers all over the world, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, Phillipines, China, Taiwan, and many other places separated from America by an ocean. Your arguments don't hold water because if any of those customers have a problem then they would have to send their case to Jack by international shipping.

I NEVER make my customers send their cases back to me without paying them for the shipping.

NEVER. I feel like if I sent out a case that has to be returned then I flat out dogged it.

There are many members here who will tell you that I do everything possible to take care of them. Jack also provides great service. His cases don't break often and neither do ours.

Sure, IF the customer is in the USA and IF the case HAS to be shipped all the way back to the maker then it's easier to ship to Florida than to China.

But for a customer of Jack's that is NOT in the USA then it's equally a problem, or even moreso because of customs and duties and paperwork.

IF it ever came to it that I asked a customer to ship a case back to me in China then I would pay for 100% of the shipping, pay them for the hour they went to the post office, pay for the box and the bubble wrap AND promise them a personal massage on top of it for sending them something that inconvenienced their life.

And my customers on this forum who have had issues will back me up on this.

One of my customers in in Arkansas. He has a case where the latch rivet popped. The case still works, the lid closes and stays closed. I offered to have him send the case to a local leather worker to get it fixed or make him a new case. He elected to get a new case and we are making him one. When the new case is done I will ship it at my cost to him and pay for the old one to be shipped to someone else to be repaired. Then I will sell the old one. The point is that I go overboard to make sure that my customers are happy.

Lastly,

I live with an abundance mentality. There is enough business out there for everyone. Most of my customers own more than 3 cases, many of them leather cases. They don't stop buying other brands when they get to me.

I hope that Jack's order book fills up on Jan 1st every year. And I hope Rusty's does and Joe Whitten's does and Marc Turcasso's does as well, in fact I hope all the case makers have full order books. If someone is only going to buy ONE leather case in their lifetime and the choice is Justis or JB then I don't care which one they buy because there is someone else standing in line who is also making a choice, and someone behind them, and someone behind them.

I care about the craft. I care about protection. I care about diversity and challenging myself to master the craft. I care about running a good shop and growing as a person. I care about providing a decent life for my family and the employees who work for me. I don't give a shit which brand of case any single person buys. I know that if I provide the quality then the customers will come. I have been in this business for 20 years and have seen it all. I have seen all the competition, have seen case makers come and go.

After all this time you would think that those who "hate" me would stop with the BS "reasons" to NOT buy a JB Case. But they keep coming because I walk all over their flowerbeds.

Frankly it does wear on me. And I SHOULD shut up and let my customers do the talking. Thank you customers!!!!!!

But when I have people who want to lean on their "experience" in the BIZ to come up with nonsense reasons to sway people away from my product just because they don't like my methods of talking about this craft then I feel I have to jump in.

Sorry about that customers.

But no one can take this away from us:

www.jbcases.com/casesbyname.html

And regarding pro players: This is a partial list of pros I have given cases to in my 20 years who did use and carry my cases.

Efren Reyes
Francisco Bustamante
Mike Massey
Rafael Martinez
Allison Fisher
Jimmy Reid
Allen Hopkins
Grady Matthews
Buddy Hall
Johnny Archer
Oliver Ortmann
Ralf Souquet

IF I wanted to then I could dominate the professional ranks of today's professional players by making them cases and GIVING them to them for free.

Jack Justis advertises that his cases are the Choice of Champions. But in fact 99% of those Champions, of which you are not on that list Bobby Chamberlin, got their cases for free, which makes it an easy choice. That's just a fact.

Now, I prefer to live by Wayne Gunn's philosophy. Wayne Gunn was a Florida cue maker from the 90s. His advertising slogan was, "We don't pay players to use our cues. If you see a pro using our cues then he paid us."

So let's dispense with the hype and stick to the substance.

Last tournament in China, Efren Reyes was NOT using a Justis. Bustamante on the TAR stream this weekend is NOT using a Justis. Pan Xiao Ting is using a JB Case bought for her by her sponosor, Fury Cues.

panxiaoting-3-a1-f.jpg

A case SHE designed with Fury together to reflect her tastes and dreams.

panxiaoting-3-a2-s.jpg

panxiaoting-3-p-lb.jpg

panxiaoting-3-q-interior.jpg

panxiaoting-3-d1-fc.jpg

This is a case that a CHAMPION truly CHOSE. She dreamed of it, she designed it with Fury's help.

We built it.

Status
Not open for further replies.