JCIN ? re:Earls Cue (credit to JOEYA)

jersey jer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin,
in the scorecard thread http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=2919965&postcount=1172
JoeyA pondered a question that crossed my mind also

"I've wondered if Earl let Shane hits some balls with his Jousting Cue and what Shane thought if he did."

did Shane, you, or any other part of the group handle the cue or hit any balls with it ?? and if so what were the thoughts about it?

I know another earl thread. But that was on page 79 and figured this would get an answer without getting lost.

Reverend Dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True Weight

Mike Gulyassy wasn't even sure of the weight of Earl's cue with the added extention. He weighed the cue prior to the third day exactly as Earl had it set up. The overall weight was 22 ounces, certainly a more manageable weight than the reported 29 ounces.

Reverend Dave

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Sorry Jer I have been offline seeing some friends in NY since Tuesday. Shane did hit Earls cue a few times a couple days before the match. He didnt really say much just kind of shook his head and laughed.

There was a definite benefit to the cue. In 183 games, as best I can remember, Earl never used a bridge.