Jennifer Baretta interview on Fox Business

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Found this video today while Googling Strickland.

I thought the piece was interesting and thought I'd share it.

Go to this site:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/video/index.html

And in the "Search for Videos" field type Color of Money, then click Search. The video clip is five minutes long.

***Warning!***
Some female AZB members may be offended by the sexy photos of Jennifer. Apparently she uses her *gasp* sex appeal for self-promotion!

Anyway, sarcasm aside, enjoy the piece. I am sure everyone will have an opinion about the subjects discussed and there might even be a flame war or two! Go AZB!
 
She presents herself and the sport well. She is a good representative for the sport.
 
Craig Fales said:
I'm not finding it...how about posting a direct link??
On the Fox web site, search on "Color of Money."

I thought it was interesting that Jennifer made a 6-figure income traveling, giving appearances and exhibitions. That's far more money than most other players make actually competing in tournaments.
 
PoolSharkAllen said:
On the Fox web site, search on "Color of Money."

I thought it was interesting that Jennifer made a 6-figure income traveling, giving appearances and exhibitions. That's far more money than most other players make actually competing in tournaments.
That's why I laugh at when people say there is no money in pool...it may not be as much as football or other sports but you're not getting pummeled to death either...travel the world, play pool, make money. Sounds good to me huh??
 
Craig Fales said:
That's why I laugh at when people say there is no money in pool...it may not be as much as football or other sports but you're not getting pummeled to death either...travel the world, play pool, make money. Sounds good to me huh??

This may be true, but not every player in the world is able to make this kind of money, because not every player will be able to do this. Personality and marketability have a lot to do with it. How many pool players in the world have a combination of both that will make them good candidates to do this? Not many.

Also, traveling the world may not be appealing to everyone. I myself am not a big traveler; I much prefer the comforts of home.

There really isn't much money in pool. How many players are actually making 6 figures doing what Jennifer's doing? I'd be willing to bet it's less than 20, and maybe even less than 10.
 
And...you have to add in expenses. If Jennifer is making $100K+/yr, it's likely before expenses and taxes. It's a REALLY short list, of players making six figures net!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

suckershot said:
There really isn't much money in pool. How many players are actually making 6 figures doing what Jennifer's doing? I'd be willing to bet it's less than 20, and maybe even less than 10.
 
I thought she did a great job, portraying professional pool in a positive light! Good job Jennifer Baretta!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

inside_english said:
Found this video today while Googling Strickland.

I thought the piece was interesting and thought I'd share it.

Go to this site:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/video/index.html

And in the "Search for Videos" field type Color of Money, then click Search. The video clip is five minutes long.

***Warning!***
Some female AZB members may be offended by the sexy photos of Jennifer. Apparently she uses her *gasp* sex appeal for self-promotion!

Anyway, sarcasm aside, enjoy the piece. I am sure everyone will have an opinion about the subjects discussed and there might even be a flame war or two! Go AZB!
 
Back
Top