Jet drum (thickness) sander

tableman

Silver Member
I was at Carolina Custom's shop a couple of weeks ago and saw they had a small Jet bench top drum sander. Anyone here have one in your shop and what are some of the uses for it. They are a lil pricey but seem like they would be great for getting your inlay strips to exact size/thickness for trim ring and butt billet work. The Jet model 10-20 goes all way down to 1/32" thickness which is less than I've seen on any other model. What are your thoughts???

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
I was at Carolina Custom's shop a couple of weeks ago and saw they had a small Jet bench top drum sander. Anyone here have one in your shop and what are some of the uses for it. They are a lil pricey but seem like they would be great for getting your inlay strips to exact size/thickness for trim ring and butt billet work. The Jet model 10-20 goes all way down to 1/32" thickness which is less than I've seen on any other model. What are your thoughts???
i have the performax version that rockler sold for $450 on sale a few years ago, dont know what they run now
i have sanded veneers to as thin as .012" with it
uses, you nailed it right on the head :thumbup:

for replacement sanding belts,
i recommend buying the 3" wide rolls klingspor sells,
and cut your own, using the original belt as a template

you can get 10 or 11 out of it for about $35,
versus the 3 for $30something pre-cuts rockler sells

Last edited: